I am SOLD that there will be a 3 way trade for Russ!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":9qc53o1q said:
KinesProf":9qc53o1q said:
jamescasey1124":9qc53o1q said:
KinesProf":9qc53o1q said:
No, definitely not the best player in Seahawks history. Though he is the most valuable/important.

Walt/Tez/Bobby/Largent are all objectively better football players with multiple all-pros, each was all -decade team, and are amongst the very best ever at their position.

Sorry you wrong. I know of all the players and they alone werent capable of what russ can do. Tough yeah. For sure and all pro, but the best player is easily russ. It's ok you'll come around sooner or later. Russ could retire now and claim that crown.

You're confusing best with most important.

Walter Jones is objectively a much better football player than Russell Wilson.

Russ probably won't be named to any all-decade teams and might never be 1st team all-pro. Something all of the aforementioned guys have. Hell, Bobby even has an MVP vote as a MLB .

Each of those guys is amongst a handful of the best players ever at their position.

Oh I see. You just need to see accolades. I dont care about awards and neither do most people because it's a popularity contest. Russ will never win those with a fan base who mostly wants him traded. Jones a better football player hardly. Yes he was a great lt. Russ cant hit and block and jones cant throw a pass or make plays out of nothing. Two totally different things. Also, while jones was a solid tackle and bobby has been solid lb...who in the league challenged them at the all pro level? Kuechly ok for bobby. Boselli, other line man during Jones time. They didnt really have to show much to be tops at their position. While wilson has been playing your talking brady, brees, manning, rodgers and several other hall of fame level qbs. Hard to be be MVP or all pro in the league when you are hated but your own fanbase first and get even get approval out of them. He has been a better qb in certain years than the MVP winners of said years. Plus, he ain't close to done. People are already talking hall of fame and I know sonis Wagner. But the player who has done the most and can be accountable for more wins simply because he touches the ball the most and effects more in a game. You must be smoking crack.

I get it. Jones, wagner, largent etc...all great players . Russ is the best, most important and will be the number one rated hawks player of all time. Until, someone like him comes along again. Which wont happen. He is a generational talent. Not decade or perennial. Lost your mind. The best backyard football player in the games history.

LMAO, Jones wasn't up against good competition. Orlando Pace and Jonathan Ogden? I think they might be in the HoF with him. Three top 10 LTs of all time and they all played in the same era, yet Jones didn't have competition for accolades?

evergreen

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3s7410me said:
DarkVictory23":3s7410me said:
KinesProf":3s7410me said:
jamescasey1124":3s7410me said:
Sorry you wrong. I know of all the players and they alone werent capable of what russ can do. Tough yeah. For sure and all pro, but the best player is easily russ. It's ok you'll come around sooner or later. Russ could retire now and claim that crown.

Russ probably won't be named to any all-decade teams and might never be 1st team all-pro. Something all of the aforementioned guys have. Hell, Bobby even has an MVP vote as a MLB .

Each of those guys is amongst a handful of the best players ever at their position.
For those who didn't watch much back during Walt's era, John Madden talked about him as literally the best NFL player EVER.

Not Seahawk, not LT, but best of any football player to ever play in the NFL.

I'm not certain, but I doubt anyone is going to say that about Russ at the end of his career. Most important player on our roster? No doubt. Best NFL player ever? Not a chance.

Ok. Talk to me in ten years. After russ has outlived(which he already has) your consideration for best football player. When russ is done...he will be a qb with the most yards, lowest amount of picks and highest average QBR and completion percentage. Best qb ever.
Go ahead and call me a fanboy. Dont care. I know what i see and dont rely on old opinions of how it used to be.
By the way. Madden may have said it, but it doesnt mean he meant it. Gene Upshaw would easily give walt a run for his money in madden's opinion. Larry allen, Orlando pace. Now people are saying donald will be the best. What about bruce smith or reggie? They didnt get many titles. Does donald equal 9 winning seasons and superbowl?

I remember Madden saying Walt was the best player in the NFL, not all time, but he may have.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":2uoshy0n said:
jamescasey1124":2uoshy0n said:
KinesProf":2uoshy0n said:
jamescasey1124":2uoshy0n said:

Oh I see. You just need to see accolades. I dont care about awards and neither do most people because it's a popularity contest. Russ will never win those with a fan base who mostly wants him traded. Jones a better football player hardly. Yes he was a great lt. Russ cant hit and block and jones cant throw a pass or make plays out of nothing. Two totally different things. Also, while jones was a solid tackle and bobby has been solid lb...who in the league challenged them at the all pro level? Kuechly ok for bobby. Boselli, other line man during Jones time. They didnt really have to show much to be tops at their position. While wilson has been playing your talking brady, brees, manning, rodgers and several other hall of fame level qbs. Hard to be be MVP or all pro in the league when you are hated but your own fanbase first and get even get approval out of them. He has been a better qb in certain years than the MVP winners of said years. Plus, he ain't close to done. People are already talking hall of fame and I know sonis Wagner. But the player who has done the most and can be accountable for more wins simply because he touches the ball the most and effects more in a game. You must be smoking crack.

I get it. Jones, wagner, largent etc...all great players . Russ is the best, most important and will be the number one rated hawks player of all time. Until, someone like him comes along again. Which wont happen. He is a generational talent. Not decade or perennial. Lost your mind. The best backyard football player in the games history.

LMAO, Jones wasn't up against good competition. Orlando Pace and Jonathan Ogden? I think they might be in the HoF with him. Three top 10 LTs of all time and they all played in the same era, yet Jones didn't have competition for accolades?

The 3 players in league at the same time with 32 teams. Actually less teams, but two different conferences. 3 total. Yeah that is the same as being a good qb and facing rodgers, breed, brady, rivers, manning, and several other good qbs for all pro and pro bowl votes.

mrblitz

Reaction score
we should get Foles, and then add in a lot of draft picks

balakoth

Reaction score
I dont like Dallas.. very .. who cares on Dak.. but.. everyone does realize since he's been in the league and if you compare those years against Wilson's, they literally have the same stats and Dak has better accuracy rating

I mean.. we can hate Dallas, but lets not be unreal on the fact Prescott is actually a pretty good QB in another dysfunctional system that hasn't been able to climb itsself back to glory

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No, there will not be a trade. Russ will be under center in Seattle in 2021, and we will have 7 months of wasted energy to show for it...…….meh.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1yhh0ucz said:
Torc":1yhh0ucz said:
The cap hit is a big dealbreaker for sure. I think our worst case scenario is that they can't move him because of the cap, and then he tanks for a season like Rodgers did during McCarthy's least season in Green Bay. I THINK he is too much of a competitor to do that. I hope so anyway.

But there's no way he ends up in Dallas. He ain't getting traded to an NFC team. Can you imagine having to go through him in the playoffs year after year?

Of his list, the Raiders is most likely IMO. But I really hope they work it out.

We lose Wilson, we won't be talking playoffs anytime soon

Probably not but who cares I'd rather not make the playoffs than lose in the first round. I say Trade Russ Trade Bobby and rebuild. Winning 3-4 games is better than winning 12 and going nowhere. Let me rephrased I would rather win 4 games this year 8 games next year 10 games the next and win one playoff then 12 games the next winning the NFC going to the SB this way you see the progress. So what I'm saying is we're going backwards we make it to a divisional round the next year we lose in the wildcard round.

Let's just start all over it'll be fun.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sarcasm???

Yeah, winning all the time really sucks. I have to assume, for my own sanity, that this is a joke. You would rather the team Trade Russ and Bobby AND would rather win 4 games?????? :34853_doh:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
xray":mo70x4yx said:
If Wilson pouts and the Hawks say nothing . Like a phukin afternoon soap opera huh ? Are we being played AGAIN ? OMG !

No, WE are not being played. We have no say in this.

You're being played by the sensationalized media articles on the topic, though.

ZLDRider

Reaction score
Hawks2022":1eeithx0 said:
Russ ultimately gets to pick where he is going...and he wants Dallas. Dallas doesn't have the Draft firepower to pull off the Trade but they can trade for it. Russ was forced to mention the Saints, Bears and Raiders to garner up a bidding war. He will be in Dallas next year!

Some way, some how...3 1st and 2 3rds are headed to Seatown!

No way. Wilson was just trying to leverage Pete into getting more say so.

John63

Reaction score
ZLDRider":2juz5g03 said:
Hawks2022":2juz5g03 said:
Russ ultimately gets to pick where he is going...and he wants Dallas. Dallas doesn't have the Draft firepower to pull off the Trade but they can trade for it. Russ was forced to mention the Saints, Bears and Raiders to garner up a bidding war. He will be in Dallas next year!

Some way, some how...3 1st and 2 3rds are headed to Seatown!

No way. Wilson was just trying to leverage Pete into getting more say so.

Amazing how many people on hear seem to know everything about what is happening and freely say it even with nothing to support it. Example

"and he wants Dallas" there is no proof that is what he wants at all. they were 1 of 4 teams. I could just as easily say he really want the Bears or the Saints. etc etc More importantly I could just as easily say he wants to stay since that is the one thing HE actually said.

KinesProf

Reaction score
onepicknick1":y30nlk9n said:
Ambrose83":y30nlk9n said:
Torc":y30nlk9n said:
The cap hit is a big dealbreaker for sure. I think our worst case scenario is that they can't move him because of the cap, and then he tanks for a season like Rodgers did during McCarthy's least season in Green Bay. I THINK he is too much of a competitor to do that. I hope so anyway.

But there's no way he ends up in Dallas. He ain't getting traded to an NFC team. Can you imagine having to go through him in the playoffs year after year?

Of his list, the Raiders is most likely IMO. But I really hope they work it out.

Let me rephrased I would rather win 4 games this year

Are you able to expand upon why you would rather the Hawks win 4 games in 2021?

John63

Reaction score
KinesProf":26tnb2ga said:
onepicknick1":26tnb2ga said:
Ambrose83":26tnb2ga said:
Torc":26tnb2ga said:

Simple because that means Wilson is gone. You need to understand there are some here that would except anything to get rid of Wilson.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
John63":1fjb5zp2 said:
KinesProf":1fjb5zp2 said:
onepicknick1":1fjb5zp2 said:
Ambrose83":1fjb5zp2 said:

Simple because that means Wilson is gone. You need to understand there are some here that would except anything to get rid of Wilson.
If it becomes a Watson-like situation with Russell saying he won't play for Pete (and I can't imagine him doing any of these, ftr), or will be disgruntled all year with one foot out the door then it might be better off mid to long term to get something for him now and rebuild. Without him, 4-8 wins looks to be the cap for us next year. Is it better to grind out a wasted year, without change from the previous season's failures, get a late 1st round pick from another early playoff exit or to rip the band aid off, get major capital for someone who is definitely leaving after 1 more season (if one of those above scenarios happen) and rebuild for 2022 season? Saying that doesn't mean someone wants to accept any scenario as long as Wilson leaves. Teams make long term cap casualty cuts every season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":uuncvrz8 said:
John63":uuncvrz8 said:
KinesProf":uuncvrz8 said:
onepicknick1":uuncvrz8 said:

If it becomes a Watson-like situation with Russell saying he won't play for Pete (and I can't imagine him doing any of these, ftr), or will be disgruntled all year with one foot out the door then it might be better off mid to long term to get something for him now and rebuild. Without him, 4-8 wins looks to be the cap for us next year. Is it better to grind out a wasted year, without change from the previous season's failures, get a late 1st round pick from another early playoff exit or to rip the band aid off, get major capital for someone who is definitely leaving after 1 more season (if one of those above scenarios happen) and rebuild for 2022 season? Saying that doesn't mean someone wants to accept any scenario as long as Wilson leaves. Teams make long term cap casualty cuts every season.
It wouldn’t be only one year though if you trade RW. Franchise QB’s don’t grow on trees.
If you draft a guy it’s an unknown, also most drafted guys spend a year on the bench learning then a year or 2 stinking it up on the field before they get used to the NFL level of play.

The only trade I consider is for Watson. Draft picks don’t mean a whole lot IMHO especially since Seattle sucks at drafting 1st rounders anyhow. Let’s say you get 3 or 4 first for RW, you know JS is just going to trade them away for more later round picks which lessons the value of those first round picks..... and when they do draft in the first round it’s a reach that doesn’t pan out.

John63

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":3svd9ypw said:
John63":3svd9ypw said:
KinesProf":3svd9ypw said:
onepicknick1":3svd9ypw said:

Problem is Wilson did not say he would not play for PC. FYI several people on this forum voted we were better off without Wilson and several ave DMed me saying they would give anything to be rid of him so yeah there are.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ph5fpr7 said:
FattyKnuckle":3ph5fpr7 said:
John63":3ph5fpr7 said:
KinesProf":3ph5fpr7 said:

It wouldn’t be only one year though if you trade RW. Franchise QB’s don’t grow on trees.
If you draft a guy it’s an unknown, also most drafted guys spend a year on the bench learning then a year or 2 stinking it up on the field before they get used to the NFL level of play.

The only trade I consider is for Watson. Draft picks don’t mean a whole lot IMHO especially since Seattle sucks at drafting 1st rounders anyhow. Let’s say you get 3 or 4 first for RW, you know JS is just going to trade them away for more later round picks which lessons the value of those first round picks..... and when they do draft in the first round it’s a reach that doesn’t pan out.
Right, I only used one season as a benchmark because if it got to the point where Wilson for sure was going to force his way out, he would at best be here for one more season, and then we start over at the same spot we'd be in by trading him now. Only probably with less of a haul for him because teams would know we had no choice. We'll get more for him now than after next season. However, I am ABSOLUTELY NOT saying we should do it. Only if the situation deteriorates to the point where it's 100% clear he's leaving. I am 100% in the camp that we should do whatever possible to make him happy but without alienating other parts of the team.