I am SOLD that there will be a 3 way trade for Russ!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
These threads about Wilson cause me to wonder if there isn’t a secret quiet and and unspoken desire of many here to offload Wilson for a gigantic haul of chances for the team to acquire another franchise type QB. So what’s happening here as a result is some perverse Maddenesque dreaming about just what the team could get for while at the same time hands are being wrung about what a mistake it’d be to trade him. I think trading him would be a huge mistake but things can’t go on with a feud between the HC and the team’s offensive captain. Statistically 3/5 of all 1st round QBs bust and scoring after the first round is a ridiculously hard to do. Truly finding a franchise QB is not any easy thing to do and letting him get away is a very foolish mistake. Wilson going public is a serious breach of the primary rule of Pete’s team building directives of always protecting the team. An accommodation needs to be found or sadly they need to part company.

I truly hate this because this player has until now been my favourite Seahawks player. I was over the moon when he was drafted and suffered as he did the read option thing and was Benny Hill like in avoiding pass rushes as a rookie QB. Wilson has grown as a QB but still has his weaknesses and some amazing strengths.He needs more support as teams figure out his escape moves and scheme for them. This situation saddens me as I figured RW would be lifetime Seahawk now it seems he wants out and there seemingly isn’t much apparent communication going on. I say apparent as in typical fashion the team normally remains silent over this kind of situation. I hope I’m wrong and this blows over. It’d be nice to see Russell and Pete reach a new rapport over the direction of the O.

Schneider has said where the bidding starts and it’d have to be more than he said and even then with the more it likely wouldn’t enough. If the trade happens this year only the Jets and the Dolphin have the draft pick ammo to do it and still I’m not happy about the thought of a trade, without even factoring in the dead cap consequences. Three way trades are extraordinarily rare and hugely unlikely in this cap environment.

We all need to think carefully about what this trade would do to the team whether it’d be a negative or could work out to the advantage long term. I hate the idea of trading this player. However, as I repeatedly say, time will tell on this matter.

What is your true choice trade or keep? Please be honest.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
toffee":91sasv6d said:
FresnoHawk68":91sasv6d said:
FresnoHawk68":91sasv6d said:
toffee":91sasv6d said:
We could trade Russ for Carr plus 2 first rounder, one second and one third. Plus their star TE,

Then trade Carr to Jets to get our 2012 first round back.

Tank the season for next hottest QB prospects.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Raiders would love that trade if RW is as good as you say he is! But Seattle wants 3 round 1’s to start the negotiations! Carr is a top 10 QB and is a fit just about everywhere. But you have to look at each Franchises situation! If the Jets, Seattle, or Chicago acquire Carr and Carr has a mediocre year the GM’s will get fired! But if the Jets draft Zach Wilson the GM Douglas has bought himself more years as the Jets GM. If the Bears trade for Wilson, Wilson will be the best QB they’ve had in decades and if they beat the Packers the Head Coach & GM will also save their jobs!

The GM’s & Coaches for the Raiders, Jets, and Bears are in the “hot seat” their objectives is to save their jobs!

RW choked in the playoffs Carroll & Schneider know their about to be in the “hot seat”! Knowing that & Knowing they’ve been pissing RW off for years why didn’t they squash trade rumors? Letting the rumors flourish with the backing of the front office means they’re trying to trade Wilson because the 2021 draft is loaded with Future NFL QB’s. But the rookie QB’s are ready to start in 2021!

Raiders hired Gus Bradley (Seattle) as Defensive Coordinator if he fails the head coach & GM or one of them will get fired for sure!

Raiders have the most resources because they have Mariota & Carr both are tradeable! Carr could fetch two round 1 picks because Matthew Stafford & 17 million in dead cap got 2 1st round picks!

Oops the rookie QB’s in the 2021 draft are not ready to start in 2021.
Name that stop gap QB,

Sam Darnold!

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2w8g2tfz said:
These threads about Wilson cause me to wonder if there isn’t a secret quiet and and unspoken desire of many here to offload Wilson for a gigantic haul of chances for the team to acquire another franchise type QB. So what’s happening here as a result is some perverse Maddenesque dreaming about just what the team could get for while at the same time hands are being wrung about what a mistake it’d be to trade him. I think trading him would be a huge mistake but things can’t go on with a feud between the HC and the team’s offensive captain. Statistically 3/5 of all 1st round QBs bust and scoring after the first round is a ridiculously hard to do. Truly finding a franchise QB is not any easy thing to do and letting him get away is a very foolish mistake. Wilson going public is a serious breach of the primary rule of Pete’s team building directives of always protecting the team. An accommodation needs to be found or sadly they need to part company.

I truly hate this because this player has until now been my favourite Seahawks player. I was over the moon when he was drafted and suffered as he did the read option thing and was Benny Hill like in avoiding pass rushes as a rookie QB. Wilson has grown as a QB but still has his weaknesses and some amazing strengths.He needs more support as teams figure out his escape moves and scheme for them. This situation saddens me as I figured RW would be lifetime Seahawk now it seems he wants out and there seemingly isn’t much apparent communication going on. I say apparent as in typical fashion the team normally remains silent over this kind of situation. I hope I’m wrong and this blows over. It’d be nice to see Russell and Pete reach a new rapport over the direction of the O.

Schneider has said where the bidding starts and it’d have to be more than he said and even then with the more it likely wouldn’t enough. If the trade happens this year only the Jets and the Dolphin have the draft pick ammo to do it and still I’m not happy about the thought of a trade, without even factoring in the dead cap consequences. Three way trades are extraordinarily rare and hugely unlikely in this cap environment.

We all need to think carefully about what this trade would do to the team whether it’d be a negative or could work out to the advantage long term. I hate the idea of trading this player. However, as I repeatedly say, time will tell on this matter.

We have regressed every year since 2015, we make a showing sure, but the eye says we lose it due to roster quality across the board and using the talent we have to their strengths.

Pete does not adapt well to changes, whether it's in game or forcing a roster to play Pete ball at least on offense. He has shown a small amount of flexibility on defense.

He wanted a big receiver and finally got two, Gordon and Metcalf, Gordon had issues but Metcalf is the guy everyone hoped we could get over the last 10 years of spending 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders on WR's that had size but holes in their game.

What is the point if you are going to have a one dimensional passing game, deep or not at all. Especially when you don't put a premium on pass protection for long routes.

Unless you are all in and I am talking Pete to utilize our strengths right now, which are Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf and decent but not great TE's and RB's that can catch the ball we should trade Wilson while his value is highest.

This will surely start a downward spiral, unless we land a QB some way.

Even then Pete has to change his view on offense and protection of the QB, Bledsoe, Esiason, Hasselbeck, Wilson and TJack all got their butts handed to them with his philosophy on the O line.

So trade if we cannot change, It doesn't matter the OC if the mandate is the same.

A pink Pinto doesn't get faster or better just because you paint it Green.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":xmtlvhhf said:

Networks are negotiating at a minimum twice the current price of 1 billion! Disney said no to the NFL’s 3 Billion demand! Seattle & New England both missed on Mahomes & Allen! Both of us must acquire a future star QB this draft or figure out how to get the #1 or #2 pick in the 2023 possibly 2024 draft or hit the lottery & accomplish both. Big big $$$ will be rolling in for teams that have Star QB’s in 2024! We need a Seahawk QB flashing on everyone’s phone.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Wilson has many strengths, but he has warts too.

Wilson was a favorite in my household for many years, but the past couple of years the luster has worn off. Some of that it my fault as I watch and rewatch games and all-22 to analyze, and ponder why and what happened during plays and games. Failure is harder to swallow when hype and excuses cross paths.

If a trade happens, let it be. I'm ready to move on.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1wo6zmv4 said:
toffee":1wo6zmv4 said:
KinesProf":1wo6zmv4 said:
FresnoHawk68":1wo6zmv4 said:
Alabama Bryce Young & Clemson DJ Uiagalelei

Thanks! I'll have to look them up
We could trade Russ for Carr plus 2 first rounder, one second and one third. Plus their star TE,

Then trade Carr to Jets to get our 2012 first round back.

Tank the season for next hottest QB prospects.

Raiders would love that trade if RW is as good as you say he is! But Seattle wants 3 round 1’s to start the negotiations! Carr is a top 10 QB and is a fit just about everywhere. But you have to look at each Franchises situation! If the Jets, Seattle, or Chicago acquire Carr and Carr has a mediocre year the GM’s will get fired! But if the Jets draft Zach Wilson the GM Douglas has bought himself more years as the Jets GM. If the Bears trade for Wilson, Wilson will be the best QB they’ve had in decades and if they beat the Packers the Head Coach & GM will also save their jobs!

The GM’s & Coaches for the Raiders, Jets, and Bears are in the “hot seat” their objectives is to save their jobs!

RW choked in the playoffs Carroll & Schneider know their about to be in the “hot seat”! Knowing that & Knowing they’ve been pissing RW off for years why didn’t they squash trade rumors? Letting the rumors flourish with the backing of the front office means they’re trying to trade Wilson because the 2021 draft is loaded with Future NFL QB’s. But the rookie QB’s are ready to start in 2021!

Raiders hired Gus Bradley (Seattle) as Defensive Coordinator if he fails the head coach & GM or one of them will get fired for sure!

Raiders have the most resources because they have Mariota & Carr both are tradeable! Carr could fetch two round 1 picks because Matthew Stafford & 17 million in dead cap got 2 1st round picks!

"IF Russ is as good as you say he is?"
Are you kidding???????
Simple answer.
Uh, yes, Russ is that good.
And Russ did not choke in the playoffs. The O-line whiffed badly, the game plan was way too vanilla, and the Rams have an excellent D.
Russ is hardly the problem. Russ just aired the problem publicly.

The obvious problem is our O-line has been a disaster for years, and even if we trade for another QB, they will have to deal with getting hit regularly, getting sacked too often, and have sufficient mobility to scramble a lot.

Pete has chosen to let the O-line sag because he wants to put $$$ elsewhere, It's not a terrible decision, but it requires buy-in from your QB. We no longer have that.