How are you emotionally, right now?

HawkWow

Reaction score
pmedic920":2n99una3 said:
We are, for the most part, family around here. So I don't mind sharing this.
I've been around the house today, alone, with the TV on NFLN.
At least 3 times today, while watching little clips about this n that, my eyes have watered up.
I know it's not the manly thing to admit or talk about but I don't care. I have a lot of myself invested in the Seahawks. We all do, right?
So my question is how are you doing?
GoHawks.

The "manly" thing? C'mon bro. Nothing unmanly about being passionate and nothing unmanly about wearing your heart on your sleeve. Just the opposite. You da' man, Pmedic (and I enjoy your posts).

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkWow":3qxkmjdf said:
pmedic920":3qxkmjdf said:
At least 3 times today, while watching little clips about this n that, my eyes have watered up.
I know it's not the manly thing to admit or talk about but I don't care. I have a lot of myself invested in the Seahawks. We all do, right?
GoHawks.

The "manly" thing? C'mon bro. Nothing unmanly about being passionate and nothing unmanly about wearing your heart on your sleeve. Just the opposite. You da' man, Pmedic (and I enjoy your posts).

:)

seahawk 17

Reaction score
My family is screwed up, but I am calling everybody and telling them how I feel, like Sunday may be my last day on earth.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I've run the whole gamut of emotions today - excited, nervous, anxious, impatient, pumped...you name it! Worked with a fellow 12 today and spent the entire shift talking and discussing the game, breaking down scenarios, strategy, expectations etc. it was awesome but really made me ache knowing that tomorrow is still only Friday and not Saturday. I think I'll start to feel more calm once I finish up tomorrow knowing that I'll be able to distract myself enough on Saturday until it's time to wake up on Sunday morning. I've never been more excited for a football game in my life knowing how close we are to something special happening, but also nervous as hell wondering if it'll actually materialize for us.

godawg

Reaction score
I'm skeptical by nature but I believe in this team. I was real nervous about the Niners game because they matched up so well against us, but I think our day is here. I'm feeling calm, I may be delusional, but I think we are going to pound them. On Groundhog Day, Payton Manning will be seeing Michael Bennett's shadow. Once he gets sacked, I think the steam will go out of that team. Beastmode will be unreal, not to mention Percy Harvin. Denver will get some points, but not when it matters. Drinking the koolaid. Hang in there folks, Sunday will be as good as it gets.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":2n07ybsb said:
I have been ridiculously calm all week. I strongly feel it is because of all of the emotional energy I expended the week leading up, during and following the NFCCG. It was incredibly exhausting. I was SO nervous (we CANNOT let the 49ers go to the SB IN OUR HOUSE!!!!), I feel emotionally, that was my SB for the year. So now that we ARE in the SB? It feels a bit anti-climatic. I'm sure that will all change at kickoff.

I feel this way too. Hope the team doesn't have that feeling of content though. Hope that chip on their shoulder is the size of a small moon.

HawkWow

Reaction score
TBH, I feel guilt right now. And guilt is getting in the way of my excitement. I was just telling Mrs. Wow, that it's not all fun and games following the best team in football. Since week 2 (probably earlier) aside from hitting the beach, I've not done a damn thing that wasn't Hawk related. Just look at my frikin' post count!

In the old days...in the sub .500 days, going into the office wasn't a chore. It was a break from my shit team. My team sucked but my company thrived. I don't think that was coincidence.

Now? I have no idea what's going on at work. People try to tell me and I shut them down. They bring me shit to sign and I ask them to meet me at the beach. It's been one celebration after another. I tell myself I have great people covering my ass, but in reality.. I have a bunch of 9er fans covering my ass! How safe can I be?

Not much of a football fan, but Mrs Wow has enjoyed my Hawk happiness. In turn, I have delayed many of our plans and have contributed very little time to her or her training. Now, with the season's end upon us, I'm just a few days from reality.

I find myself looking at her as she sleeps and I wonder if there will ultimately be repercussion or even retribution? I can barely look myself in the mirror right now because if I do, I know I will awake her when I scream .........GO HAWKS!

That's how I am emotionally, right now. ; )

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
"1-0, 1-0 baby!" "Calm in the eye of the storm!" "100yds, 53-1/3, 60mins!" "Every game is a championship game." "Separation is in the preparation." "I wanna be that guy," yessir! "The biggest thing is we gotta execute."

"That's all I got ta say about that!" :th2thumbs: :mrgreen:

kearly

Reaction score
I think Joel McHale said it best. Watching the Seahawks right now is like sitting through surgery without being knocked out or given pain killers. If the game is close, or even a little close, every bad break feels like agony. I don't think I will really enjoy this Super Bowl until I am 100% certain we've got the win in the bag.

And Montana, don't make me smack some sense into you! :)

2008 pessimism = totally understandable.
2009 pessimism = duh.
2010 pessimism = understandable.
2011 pessimism = Uh, you've been watching the Seahawks right?
2012 pessimism = Bizarro Baghdad Bob territory

HawksSoc

Reaction score
razgriz737":2iact64f said:
I've had classes and tons of schoolwork all week so I haven't had much time to get emotionally invested yet. Come Saturday though, I'll be a nervous wreck.

I've been the same, have a chapter of my Masters thesis due later today so that's been keeping my mind occupied...probably a good thing! Tomorrow however is a whole different kettle of fish.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Ive been up till 3 am everynight reading hawk stuff, watching hawk stuff and reading more hawk stuff..

I had a new years resolution to quit smoking.. Eff that! I take extra smoke breaks at work just to think about the game...

I broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years yesterday and literally fought back the guilt by saying, "she isn't a football fan anyway. " which has actually kept me from calling her this past 24 hours...

I've had a great month at work and made more money than I ever have in a previous month and don't even remember how I did it. When did I sell anything? No really, I seriously have no idea.

I'm not going to enjoy any part of this game until we win and then I will thoroughly enjoy the replay, 500 times.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":q4ewdim1 said:
I have been ridiculously calm all week. I strongly feel it is because of all of the emotional energy I expended the week leading up, during and following the NFCCG. It was incredibly exhausting. I was SO nervous (we CANNOT let the 49ers go to the SB IN OUR HOUSE!!!!), I feel emotionally, that was my SB for the year. So now that we ARE in the SB? It feels a bit anti-climatic. I'm sure that will all change at kickoff.
This is me too except it doesn't feel anti-climatic. It just feels good and I seem to have the nearly unshakable confidence the guys will get this done.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Excited. Not as nervous as the NFC champ game because I felt like if we lost that game, everyone would just write us off completely and say we cant win big games or big games against division rivals. I'm a lot more excited for this game and we honestly should beat denver. We are the better team. Though I can see Manning picking us a part and squeaking out a win. He's that good.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm feeling GOOD

but right now I'm trying to work out whether I should go to the gym tomorrow (supposed to be a rest day) or Sunday (usual day), given I am probably going to require a LOT of energy since it's an 11.30pm kickoff for me...

uncle fester

Reaction score
Few work things things to do today and then out tonight with friends. Stay at a hotel airport tonight for an early morning departure. Then NYC.

Surprisingly calm about it so far. I was way more nervous about the NFCCG by the time Friday rolled around. Manning will get his breaks here and there, (it won't be a repeat of Brees on MNF, he's too good) but I'm just not convinced he'll get enough of them.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
It's Friday, my stomach just dropped a lit bit (could be that black bean soup last night). I was at this point on Wednesday with 49ers, but I'm getting amped for the SuperB

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
pmedic920":1a37egsk said:
GoHawks.

There is nothing wrong with crying nor admitting to doing so. It is in fact very courageous and by extension, "manly" of you, to be so candid publicly.

I'm in fact so tough and manly, I'm willing to admit that not only was I weeping but I collapsed into the fetal position when we sent San Fransisco packing.

"...But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." - Jim Valvano

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I feel pretty good. I was sick with anticipation for the NFCCG; we were taking on evil itself. I kept thinking of Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects saying, "How can you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?"

Now that the NFL is guaranteed a respectable champion at the end of this game, I'm more serene about the situation, but I think that this is a really tough game; I regard it as a bit better than a coin flip for us, so I think we win more often than not, but that leaves a lot of room for a loss as well. Think that's just going to be my feeling up until kickoff. Above all, I'm just enjoying having our team in this position. We'll only get so many shots at doing this.