What team has been the biggest disappointment?

What team has been the most disappointing?

• Houston Texans

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • Washington Redskins

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The first three are neck and neck, but I went with Atlanta. Tony G signed just for a SB run. Ouch. Houston might be the most shocking, but I guarantee you Gonzalez is one disappointed dude.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Green Bay and Chicago as well, injuries really hurt Chicago, they looked pretty decent to begin with Packers were overrated but some of the losses are on the team for the crap shoot they had at backup qb and allowing Flynn to drop through waivers then reluctantly picking him up and starting only for him to have a good game <- that's all on management.

Coin toss for Texans and Falcons, both are so bad I can't believe it.

Went with Houston as most of there problems seem to be mental. Yeah, losing Foster and Tate getting banged up sucks but the front 7 and oline are mostly intact, just Schaub's mental failings and a D that couldn't close teams out. I guess the LB injury (Cushing) is a big one too, even though they lost him last year and played pretty solid D.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Jets were actually a surprisingly good team early in the season, the erratic play of Smith and horrid CB play doomed them...

Still, that D-Line is the best in the NFL, holy crap are they brutal.

Meat

Reaction score
Giants? Eagles? Detroit? Those are my picks for what it's worth. :)

rottweiler

Reaction score
Houston, by a kilometer.

The Jets don't even belong on the list, IMHO. They have been a joke the past coupla years with Ryan at the helm. I doubt even any of their fans expected much of them.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Houston. That defense, Andre Johnson, and Arian Foster. That should be enough for at least 6-8 wins, even with a meddling QB

OrFan

Reaction score
None of the above. The correct answer is the team that was such a powerhouse to everyone in the media, to their fans, and the coaches. They were supposed to be such a front runner and take the league without a problem while their qb became one of the best. Now they are in serious danger of even making the playoffs as the last place number 6 seed.

The 49ers.

kearly

Reaction score
I think it's Atlanta, and I think I'd actually put Washington 2nd place.

The reason I wouldn't put the Texans #1 is because they feel a whole hell of a lot like last year's Chiefs and the Colts the year before that. A few key injuries, and then a QB situation that just spiraled out of control, followed by an unreal barrage of close losses. Their coach nearly had a stroke on the field. They have been the most snakebit team in the NFL this season. But in terms of on field talent, they have talent all over that offense, and one of the best front sevens in football when healthy. If they draft Bridgewater and put him on a team like that, then you can go ahead and pencil in Kubiak for coach of the year in 2014. Or whichever random dude happens to be coaching the Texans that season.

In other words, I think the Texans are just having a nightmare season, one they will wake up from in 2014.

But the Falcons and Redskins? They are mostly healthy and look completely terrible. Even with all the wins Mike Smith has, you get the feeling that you are seeing the "real" Falcons this year. Ditto Redskins. And the scary thing for those teams is that they can't bank on just drafting a QB for a quick turnaround. I see a lot of lost seasons in the future for those teams despite having a franchise QB, like the NFC's equivalent of the San Diego Chargers.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
OrFan":3cb3c220 said:
None of the above. The correct answer is the team that was such a powerhouse to everyone in the media, to their fans, and the coaches. They were supposed to be such a front runner and take the league without a problem while their qb became one of the best. Now they are in serious danger of even making the playoffs as the last place number 6 seed.

The 49ers.

But they're back. They just whooped on the mighty RG3 and the Skins.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Prior to Week 1 I had predicted a Seahawks-Texans Super Bowl. Something tells me one-half of that prediction will probably not happen this season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't know what to pick, but I can eliminate the Jets. To be a disappointment means that someone had to have expectations of you in the first place.

BASF

Reaction score
It has to be Houston for me. As much as you can trot out the injuries excuse, they have lost quite a few games this season by being predictable in situations. Their play calling is stagnant and the team needs a coaching change. They have a lot of talent that is not being placed in a situation to succeed to steal a line from Pete Carroll.

The Falcons were in a hard spot with losing their center McClure to retirement. He was great at making line calls and his replacement Konz has not been good at it all from what I have seen, which has been very detrimental to their run game and pass protection. Konz replacement at RG Reynolds hasn't worked out all that well either. Having a line shuffle like that makes the offense look much worse than it can be, like what happened to with our great line shuffle in 08 and 09. So, I think the Atlanta thing was a bit predictable especially after bringing in perennial loser Steven Jackson, who will never play for a team with a winning record (this is a little melodramatic, but I really don't like the guy).