BJ Daniels To the Texans

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/679023920394055680[/tweet]

John Schneider must be livid.

Polaris

Reaction score
Basis4day":pgpqv81d said:
Signed to active roster off our practice squad.

Not a huge surprise. The Texans are almost certainly playoff bound and down to their 4th QB of the Season. They need a body with decent QB experience.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I wonder if they had a chance to retain him. If not, then I can see why Pete and John would be livid.

No way they were going to keep four TEs on the roster indefinitely. B.J. has a lot more value.

crosfam

Reaction score
Wont happen, but what if. Texans with BJ playing against Seahawks with Russ in SF50. Wow. I think he will end up a Texan for the next few years at least.

Rat

Reaction score
As many times as we've cut him, Pete and John can't get too upset.

I wish him well in Houston. They're a pretty likeable team.

Largent80

Reaction score
Yes, Houston is my 2nd fav. team and maybe they can get him in the offense. P & J screwed the pooch on B.J. I believe.

MrThortan

Reaction score
He will be back, released and put on the practice squad again. It is destiny.

BJ has had such a yoyo experience with the Seahawks. Hope he has a breakout career with the Texans or wherever he ends up.

kearly

Reaction score
I've liked Daniels a ton going back to his college days, but I think his value at receiver was practice squad caliber, and there are QBs in this draft that could probably be a better backup QB if needed.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I pray that this doesn't mean another year of Tarvaris Jackson as the backup QB. I want to have some semblance of hope if Russell goes down and Tarvaris offers less than zero hope.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1dr271op said:
I pray that this doesn't mean another year of Tarvaris Jackson as the backup QB. I want to have some semblance of hope if Russell goes down and Tarvaris offers less than zero hope.
They'll draft somebody. Spread option quarterbacks are easily found these days like running backs. Just have good receivers with an elite quarterback and you're in any game and have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. Exhibit A would be the 2015 Seahawks.

If you have an average running quarterback with the above they can win half the time like exhibit B Johnny Football or far worse. It's good enough.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BJ as a QB has "escapability" which IMHO you need behind this line, if T-Jack has to play QB for any period of time he's going to get squashed behind this o-line. Not thrilled about this, but it's a gamble you take when you choose to play roster roulette.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2c1i3zvc said:
BJ as a QB has "escapability" which IMHO you need behind this line, if T-Jack has to play QB for any period of time he's going to get squashed behind this o-line. Not thrilled about this, but it's a gamble you take when you choose to play roster roulette.
Or the more likely and factual answer....the Texans are desperate for a healthy body that can actually fake being a quarterback in a pinch like Trent Dilfer. It worked for Baltimore right?

Polaris

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1t7zxqpb said:
Sports Hernia":1t7zxqpb said:
Or the more likely and factual answer....the Texans are desperate for a healthy body that can actually fake being a quarterback in a pinch like Trent Dilfer. It worked for Baltimore right?

Have you seen the Texan QB situation? They were reduced to playing Weeden as your QB (who was CUT from Dallas for bad QB play). This is the same Texan team in the thick of a playoff hunt and in DIRE need for healthy bodies that at least can fake it as a QB (the Texans are down to their FOURTH QB this season).

Under the circumstances, BJ Daniels is (arguably) an upgrade.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why is this so bad?If BJ was so valuable they wouldn't have left him on the PS.A lesson to be learned here for sure.I hope they fix this backup thing in the draft.I get so tired of hearing BJ on/off PS the guy hasn't done anything for the Hawks in real time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jake206":2c74l55d said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/679023920394055680[/tweet]

John Schneider must be livid.

I get what you're saying, but not sure how you can be livid about losing a player you've cut 5 times this year.