BJ Daniels To the Texans

12thbrah

Reaction score
Dang BJ might be starting a playoff game at the pace that Houston is losing QBs

mikeak

Reaction score
Any team can sign any player from the practice squad straight to their roster. Our FO knows this and I am sure they are not livid. They may say that it is a shame and he would have been a backup next year (still very possible)

sutz

Reaction score
mikeak":2ung9snz said:
Any team can sign any player from the practice squad straight to their roster. Our FO knows this and I am sure they are not livid. They may say that it is a shame and he would have been a backup next year (still very possible)
I agree. Our FO doesn't get "livid." They protect players that they want to keep. If BJ was that prominent in their plans they would have found a spot on the roster and not put him at risk. This time of year, there are many teams trying to scratch their way into the playoffs and needing to cover holes in their rosters from injuries. Not surprising that BJ got poached. It happens.

As for T-Jack, I don't understand the hate. He went 7-9 with a much crappier team than we are now. If, god forbid, we needed him to start a few games, I am reasonably sure he could win as many games as we would lose in a scenario like that. Frankly, if the FO & coaches didn't believe that, they would have promoted BJ or found a better QB for the job.

:229031_shrug:

Jville

Reaction score
Smart fast forward move by the Texans. They get a good man that has already experienced three years at the pro level. Very versatile team player that could simulate competition at a number of positions during any given week in Seattle.

It seems to me roster losses via wavier claims have been very heavy for Seahawks this year.

Practice squad looks picked over and unusual. They have three former receivers working on becoming corners. It includes two former defensive linemen converting to C/G. There is also a long shot fullback many teams look past. The current practice squad has a rather unusual composition.

mikeak

Reaction score
There are clearly two very good reasons for Houston to do this

1) They need a backup QB

2) They are preparing for their superbowl matchup :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":e2il4veb said:
Sports Hernia":e2il4veb said:
BJ as a QB has "escapability" which IMHO you need behind this line, if T-Jack has to play QB for any period of time he's going to get squashed behind this o-line. Not thrilled about this, but it's a gamble you take when you choose to play roster roulette.
Or the more likely and factual answer....the Texans are desperate for a healthy body that can actually fake being a quarterback in a pinch like Trent Dilfer. It worked for Baltimore right?

I'd agree, minus the whole 2000 Ravens Defense comparison.

Houston's defense is good but nowhere near that team. They're probably not quite as good as our defense right now.

Crizilla

Reaction score
how awesome would it be to see him start a playoff game this season

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To those thinking SEA had a chance to keep him before HOU snagged him in the middle of the night:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/679081592732577792[/tweet]

rideaducati

Reaction score
sutz":226piy1a said:
mikeak":226piy1a said:
I agree. Our FO doesn't get "livid." They protect players that they want to keep. If BJ was that prominent in their plans they would have found a spot on the roster and not put him at risk. This time of year, there are many teams trying to scratch their way into the playoffs and needing to cover holes in their rosters from injuries. Not surprising that BJ got poached. It happens.

As for T-Jack, I don't understand the hate. He went 7-9 with a much crappier team than we are now. If, god forbid, we needed him to start a few games, I am reasonably sure he could win as many games as we would lose in a scenario like that. Frankly, if the FO & coaches didn't believe that, they would have promoted BJ or found a better QB for the job.

:229031_shrug:

Tarvaris sucks. I haven't seen a Tarvaris led team win a game and thought "Tarvaris played really well". I have thought "Tarvaris didn't screw up and lose the game" though. He also was responsible for losing a couple of games with stupid mistakes that horrible rookies wouldn't even make. His upside is not screwing up and his downside is HORRIBLE. He is a nice guy and supposedly knows the offense and I am thankful that I have not had to see him start a game since Russell was drafted...hopefully, that continues FOREVER.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
This is karma to the Seahawks for playing musical chairs. I'm sure he's tired of it as well and if things don't work out over there, then he knows the Hawks will pick him right back up.

drdiags

Reaction score
The injury to McCoy started the snowball affect. Good for BJ if he gets a chance to make a difference with Houston. They liked him here but not enough to prevent playing him like a yo-yo. NFL needs to expand the roster but the money would dig too deep into the owners profit.

Would love to see an 65-man roster with a 15-man PS. But it isn't my money I am trying to spend.

Tical21

Reaction score
On the contrary, I'd bet Pete and John are pretty darn excited for him. He was here more as a story than a player, and he is another player that was swooped up quickly by another team, adding even more to the mystique of the depth we have going here.

chris98251

Reaction score
Plays WR, plays QB, can be a great emulator for other teams with mobile QB's to help prepare for games. Texans have more in mind then just a body that plays QB, especially since he has not been featured as one. Although in his one instance this season he played the position he moved the team well.

There are other PS QB's that have been playing and getting reps all season, wanting him badly sounds weird since they could have had him at any time he was cut from main roster and had to clear waivers before.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Meh, Practice Squads should be protected more, with teams receiving comp picks if a player poached off their PS is active for x amount of games.

olyfan63

Reaction score
BJ got moved to being a WR. He was not as good a WR or KR as Kevin Smith.
He was not a good enough QB to beat out Tavaris Jackson for the backup role.
He's not experienced enough under fire to step in and win games for us, at least not at this time.

Those real game checks are a lot bigger than Practice Squad checks.
Go BJ! See if you can beat out Brandon Weeden.