Greatest Uniform in NFL History

WUnderhill

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/greatestuni/round6

The Carolina Panthers black alternates were voted by fans as the greatest uniform in NFL history. So, we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

(Click the 4th round button to see where Seattle lost to those atrocious 9ers unis. FWIW, I think Seattle's are at least better than that ugly gold and red combo.)

Marvin49

Reaction score
WUnderhill":1eut6ay3 said:
http://www.nfl.com/greatestuni/round6

The Carolina Panthers black alternates were voted by fans as the greatest uniform in NFL history. So, we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

(Click the 4th round button to see where Seattle lost to those atrocious 9ers unis. FWIW, I think Seattle's are at least better than that ugly gold and red combo.)

Wow.

I guess you gotta hang your hat on something. :D

RationalNiner

Reaction score
I'll be honest. I think the Seahawks have one of the top 5 ugliest uniforms in the league. And i've always thought that about their uniforms. The new ones are even more hideous and gaudy. At lest the old ones were cleaner looking. The carbon fiber like pattern in the middle of the helmets and numbers look try-hard, kind of like a rapper covering his Lamborghini exterior with carbon fiber. Nike did a terrible job and I'm glad they did not convince ownership to screw up our uniforms.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I love our unis. You're so irrational ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2sflca8j said:
I'll be honest. I think the Seahawks have one of the top 5 ugliest uniforms in the league. And i've always thought that about their uniforms. The new ones are even more hideous and gaudy. At lest the old ones were cleaner looking. The carbon fiber like pattern in the middle of the helmets and numbers look try-hard, kind of like a rapper covering his Lamborghini exterior with carbon fiber. Nike did a terrible job and I'm glad they did not convince ownership to screw up our uniforms.

Wow.

Really?

I'm the opposite. I actually like the new Seahawks unis MUCH better than the old ones.

My faves are the classics (Niners, Packers, Bears, Cowboys...and if you look at them they are all essentially the exact same uniform in different colors), but of the new breed unis I like the Seahawks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I would say the 49ers have one of the good, classic uniform combinations that is simply timeless. The only issue is the striping on the sleeves which is disappearing more and more with the sleeve shortening in the new uni cuts. A quick tweak would do wonders.

I didn't hate the new Seattle uniforms when they came out like most did. I still think that they're a respectable modern design and probably middle of the pack in terms of aesthetic quality. It's a very polarizing uniform, sure. Much better though than most of the modern-style designs Nike has put out on both the college and NFL level. (Think Tampa and Jacksonville.)

Largent80

Reaction score
We had an epic 100 page + thread about the new unis. I saw them within 1 minute of their release and I was appalled.

After a few days, I started to look at the concept and design and thought, these are awesome. Because this uniform was Nike's baby, the one they completely redesigned, and after finding out about the NW feathers and looking at the green (lover of green..buds, Irish, gills) I LOVE them.

The panther one is cool, but not sure if there is a best ever. I know what I think is worst ever is that bumblebee Steeler crap.. :pukeface:

Smellyman

Reaction score
RationalNiner":zokmotlq said:

you're old

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Worst: Bengals, Browns, Colts.

Best: Charger's Powder blues, Raiders, Giants.

Seahawks could lose the Nike green bubble on the shoulder and they would be tight.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qb3cw4k said:
Worst: Bengals, Browns, Colts.

Best: Charger's Powder blues, Raiders, Giants.

Seahawks could lose the Nike green bubble on the shoulder and they would be tight.

The Giants is classic, but not good classic imo. Put old blue and yellow rams on that list then I dig it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1b5w97ue said:
(Niners, Packers, Bears, Cowboys...and if you look at them they are all essentially the exact same uniform in different colors)

I bet you're a huge fan of the uniforms in Teen Wolf too (also, not the crappy sequel).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Niners unis suck. They were never good, and never will be, not with red and gold. Feels like I am in the asian district looking at paper lanterns every time I see them.

I dig the rams look, but in the Colorado State colors. Not blue and gold.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
RationalNiner":2ngfnzop said:
Thank you oh so much for your honesty

RunTheBall

Reaction score
I love the Seahawks new unis (2012-Present), especially the White tops with Blue bottoms we wore in SB 48.

kearly

Reaction score
Hard to argue with Carolina, actually.

Not saying they are the best, but I think Arizona's uni's are the most under-rated. They are bland, but red is the most stylish color, and their uniforms use red the best. Much better than the KC Kool-aid men.