The HOPE of Percy .

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
When we made the trade for Harvin last year I refused to let myself get excited . Knowing that it would only crush my dreams . But now that has all changed , after watching him with our team all off season I can't help but drool and imagine all the different scenarios . I do believe Harvin will remain healthy this year and absolutely take our offense to the next level .

If and its not a big IF , Percy does go down with an injury I do believe it will hurt this team unlike last year. Because our entire team is Hopeful for Percy this time around . He is cemented in the gameplan .

My prediction for Percy in 2013 - under 6 games played minimal contribution .

My prediction for Percy in 2014 - 71 catches , 1,100 yards receiving. 40 rush attempts for a YPC of over 5. a total of 12 TDS (receiving ,rushing , and returning).

Letsss goo :thirishdrinkers: cheers to the upcoming season and to the Hope of Percy Harvin.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I feel that if Percy goes down our offense reverts back to what we saw much of last year. Maybe slightly better cause it's another year under Wilson's belt, but the loss of Tate in that scenario I think evens it out a bit.

Time will tell, I'm making myself believe he stays healthy so I can daydream of us crushing opponents with points then letting our defense crush whatever hope they have left.

:179417:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I recently allowed myself 2 seconds of imagining the entire season & postseason with a healthy Harvin.

It was a glorious 2 seconds.

McG

Reaction score
"Lord have mercy! ... It's Percy" - Richard Sherman, Superbowl XLVIII.

[youtube]NiFleapfHO8[/youtube]

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
A major threat to RW'S first league MVP if he remains healthy.... It's a great problem to have as both will be in their prime and deserving.

OP
OP
E

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3vcl4fjt said:
He's slowly coming around, isn't he? :roll:

I still stand by my quote in your little motto area. I'll gladly eat my crow if it comes down to it

Seahawker86

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":mlgupp4y said:
I feel that if Percy goes down our offense reverts back to what we saw much of last year. Maybe slightly better cause it's another year under Wilson's belt, but the loss of Tate in that scenario I think evens it out a bit.

Time will tell, I'm making myself believe he stays healthy so I can daydream of us crushing opponents with points then letting our defense crush whatever hope they have left.

:179417:

I think the rookies will step up and Kearse has another year of playing time under his belt. I think we will rely on Luke Willson as well.

If Percy goes down, will it hurt? Yes. Will it keep us from making the playoffs? Absolutely not!

Remember....#DefenseWinsChampiomships

farhat

Reaction score
The packages that Bevell can use when Percy is in the game are endless. End arounds, fake end arounds, wide receiver screens, play action, etc. We all saw the packages in action against San Diego. And, there are plenty of more packages we haven't seen yet.

I would agree that if Percy went down, our offense will be even a little worse then last year. This year we do not have Golden Tate or Sidney Rice (last year we had Sidney at the beginning of the season). I'm afraid our depth at receiver is untested. Can Paul Richardson and Phil Bates step it up? We know what Baldwin and Kearse can do. But what can the others do?

Let's hope Percy stays healthy.

253hawk

Reaction score
Can we just stop with all of the worry-wart, hang-wringing "WHAT IF" injury threads? Even Debbie Downer isn't this pessimistic.

Hawks46

Reaction score
farhat":dcy6c56p said:
The packages that Bevell can use when Percy is in the game are endless. End arounds, fake end arounds, wide receiver screens, play action, etc. We all saw the packages in action against San Diego. And, there are plenty of more packages we haven't seen yet.

I would agree that if Percy went down, our offense will be even a little worse then last year. This year we do not have Golden Tate or Sidney Rice (last year we had Sidney at the beginning of the season). I'm afraid our depth at receiver is untested. Can Paul Richardson and Phil Bates step it up? We know what Baldwin and Kearse can do. But what can the others do?

Let's hope Percy stays healthy.

I disagree. Richardson can do much of what Harvin can do. He's probably not going to get the ball in the backfield, but that's a wrinkle to our offense, not a staple.

Being versatile is great, but Harvin's biggest asset is his acceleration and separation. He's been getting INSTANT separation in the preseason. That is going to offset a lot of the instant OL pressure we're going to give up. If Wilson becomes too dependent on Harvin for this, and Harvin does down, then Wilson will have an adjustment period.

We could end up losing a couple of games we shouldn't have this way, but it won't keep us out of the playoffs.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1ppmnkds said:
Can we just stop with all of the worry-wart, hang-wringing "WHAT IF" injury threads? Even Debbie Downer isn't this pessimistic.
AMEN!
People are still hanging with the "Percy Is Made Of Glass", or "Percy Is Injury Prone", because of all the wishful thinking of opposing fans around the League, because all of the teams that we face in the foreseeable future, are going to have to deal with him.
Now, there's little doubt in my mind, that PH will have a target on his back, but when the Defenses are pressured to spend a lot of their time focusing on him, it will open up plays for others to make.
There is a misconception by some here, and that is, beyond Percy Harvin, the Seahawks have a bunch of pedestrian Receivers, and it's going to take Percy Harvin's presence to even give these guys a fighting chance to excel, and that is total BS. AND, last Years success proves my point.
On a side note: Is it just me, or does the way Jermaine Kearse plays, remind anyone else of Sydney Rice?