Who deserves to be in the Ring of Honor?

FPD

Reaction score
Of those Hawks not yet in the Ring of Honor, who do you guys think belongs there? I was pondering this earlier today with a friend and am just curious. What do you think?

My first one that comes to mind (I don't know why he's the first one) is Mack Strong. A 14 year career all with the Hawks. He blocked for Three 1,000 rushers. He was an amazing fullback, Seahawk, and man.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Of those Hawks not yet in the Ring of Honor, who do you guys think belongs there? I was pondering this earlier today with a friend and am just curious. What do you think?

My first one that comes to mind (I don't know why he's the first one) is Mack Strong. A 14 year career all with the Hawks. He blocked for Three 1,000 rushers. He was an amazing fullback, Seahawk, and man.
Did Mack Strong pass away?

Mack Strong is the coolest name for a FB . His mom must've known

Rainger

Reaction score

Never EVER Russell Wilson. None of the current ones or future ones like Bobby Wagner shit on the team like RW did. That in itself disqualifying.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Never EVER Russell Wilson. None of the current ones or future ones like Bobby Wagner shit on the team like RW did. That in itself disqualifying.

Bruh. Love ya man but come on. Russell Wilson was by far the most prolific QB this franchise has ever seen, including a Super Bowl victory that he was a massive part of. Let's put butthurtitis aside for a moment and be real here.

I don't mean you specifically, just in general.

Rainger

Reaction score
Bruh. Love ya man but come on. Russell Wilson was by far the most prolific QB this franchise has ever seen, including a Super Bowl victory that he was a massive part of. Let's put butthurtitis aside for a moment and be real here.

I don't mean you specifically, just in general.
Yes he was the most prolific QB in Hawks history, but he also had advantage of some of the best teams in Hawks history because of PC and JS.

He was part of a SB victory not the reason for it.

I don't have Butthurtitis, but I put a huge part of the ring of honor on a the word HONOR.

I don't believe RW ever had that. I don't think a player should be up there just because they were in a specific position on teams that for 5 years had the best defenses ever.

Those Hawks teams could have won with lots of qbs, and the down years may not have been down with a team player instead of one not listening to the coaches and being above the team.

Ring of honor is about Honor, Honoring their accomplishments as well as their character and devotion to the organization.

There is NO way I can ever put RW in the same camp as Walter Jones!

Bobby Wagner??? Hell yes!!

PS: would you put Steve Hutchinson in the Ring of honor?

OP
OP
FPD

FPD

Reaction score
Did Mack Strong pass away?

Mack Strong is the coolest name for a FB . His mom must've known

According to Wiki - "Strong and his family currently reside in Issaquah, Washington." and "currently is a football sportscaster for Root Sports Northwest".

On the 3 subject, I'm not a huge RW fan. However, I'd be lying if I said he shouldn't be considered. But like Rainger, I put a lot of stock in the word Honor. Which is also why I wouldn't consider Hutch after the poison pill contract (although he is earning his way back these days).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
According to Wiki - "Strong and his family currently reside in Issaquah, Washington." and "currently is a football sportscaster for Root Sports Northwest".

On the 3 subject, I'm not a huge RW fan. However, I'd be lying if I said he shouldn't be considered. But like Rainger, I put a lot of stock in the word Honor. Which is also why I wouldn't consider Hutch after the poison pill contract (although he is earning his way back these days).
The stupid GM at the time placed that tag on Hutch the Vikings took it and Seahawks didn't match it..How is this on Hutch?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I don't have strong positive feelings for Wilson right now just like the next guy, but anyone who things when it's all said and done he won't/doesnt deserve to be in the ring of honor is dead wrong

OP
OP
FPD

FPD

Reaction score
The stupid GM at the time placed that tag on Hutch the Vikings took it and Seahawks didn't match it..How is this on Hutch?

It's on both! But it's on Hutch the most. He signed the poison pill contract.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yes he was the most prolific QB in Hawks history, but he also had advantage of some of the best teams in Hawks history because of PC and JS.

I don't have Butthurtitis, but I put a huge part of the ring of honor on a the word HONOR.

I don't believe RW ever had that. I don't think a player should be up there just because they were in a specific position on teams that for 5 years had the best defenses ever.

Those Hawks teams could have won with lots of qbs, and the down years may not have been down with a team player instead of one not listening to the coaches and being above the team.

Ring of honor is about Honor, Honoring their accomplishments as well as their character and devotion to the organization.

Hutchinson was a great player that got butthurtititis and picked Minnesota over Seattle. He's out.

Matt Hasselbeck in his prime wins 48 easily and my money would be on him to win 49 as well. The defense was Still historically good for the next 2-3 years?
That wouldve been the time for #3 to take control and make things happen. Be a leader , a catalyst.

He didnt .

I know Matt wasn't a runner like #3 but he was efficient, could see the field and most importantly, lead. #3 seemed more concerned about his "bag" than creating
A championship legacy like Tommy did in Boston. Did Tom take shots at Boston and their fans on his way out the door? Nah .

I'd put Doug Baldwin in the ROH.
He's a bad MF. Came to win, played hurt,
Made huge catches in huge games, a lot of times bailing #3 out. The epitome of that team and era. One of my all time favorite players .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Good lord man. One of the most foolish narratives I have ever heard is "Russell Wilson won the Super Bowl because of their running game and legendary defense" as if the man had NOTHING to do with them getting there. What an insult to an incredible talent.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Hutchinson was a great player that got butthurtititis and picked Minnesota over Seattle. He's out.

Matt Hasselbeck in his prime wins 48 easily and my money would be on him to win 49 as well. The defense was Still historically good for the next 2-3 years?
That wouldve been the time for #3 to take control and make things happen. Be a leader , a catalyst.

He didnt .

I know Matt wasn't a runner like #3 but he was efficient, could see the field and most importantly, lead. #3 seemed more concerned about his "bag" than creating
A championship legacy like Tommy did in Boston. Did Tom take shots at Boston and their fans on his way out the door? Nah .

I'd put Doug Baldwin in the ROH.
He's a bad MF. Came to win, played hurt,
Made huge catches in huge games, a lot of times bailing #3 out. The epitome of that team and era. One of my all time favorite players .

Matt hasselbeck in his prime gets murdered behind that 2012-2014 OL. Wilson’s escapability was what kept the offense afloat.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Wagner for sure. I’d vote strongly for Lynch and Chancellor. I can’t say I’m a fan of how Sherm, ET or Wilson left the team but they have to be considered possibilities.

Hawk4life

Reaction score

No need to post when yours says it

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Walter Jones held out every year for pretty much his entire career.

Kenny Easley wouldn't step foot inside the Hawk's facilities for the better part of 25 years because he thought the Hawks ruined his career.

Lots of the players on the SB winning Hawk's defense you give credit to left Seattle unhappy, and criticized, held out and were outwardly pissed off on the way out the door.

You excluding all these guys?

Russ was nothing but a model citizen while playing in Seattle. Donated his time and money to lots of great charities in Seattle, and was the face of our franchise for a decade. Just because he wanted out doesn't make him unique to just about how any other player eventually leaves a team.

That's pro sports, it RARELY ends well. No reason not to include the greatest QB in franchise history who holds all the teams passing records, and most importantly helped bring us our first Lombardi in the ROH.

IMO that's just being petty.