Who would win in a street fight??

jrod13206

Reaction score
I know this is irelavent to on the field, but it does shine a light on toughness. I think Percy is small in stature but he is undoubtably physical and quick. I would think first though would be Kam but Percy just reminds me of brad Pitt in the movie snatch. What's your guys take.

TruHammer07

Reaction score
yeah that was just a movie. Percy would get his shots in early but Kams size would win out in the end.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
As a man who has trained in MMA somewhat, I can already tell you Kam Chancellor would win. Chancellor has more reach, and weight --- even trained fighters have a hard time overcoming these two factors.

Cartire

Reaction score
Not even a contest. Kam without question. Sure, Percy could kick my ass, and most peoples. But hes not taking Kam down. Not a chance.

OP
OP
J

jrod13206

Reaction score
So Bruce lee couldn't beat up guys that were bigger then him. Percy has unmatched explosiveness and a killers instinct. We all love Kam and his toughness but I think Percy's one bad man.

OP
OP
J

jrod13206

Reaction score
And this also includes the whole team. Keep in mind Percy can throw up 450+ on a bench. So he does pack a punch with that quickness

Cartire

Reaction score
jrod13206":3qf99zla said:
So Bruce lee couldn't beat up guys that were bigger then him. Percy has unmatched explosiveness and a killers instinct. We all love Kam and his toughness but I think Percy's one bad man.

Did you just compare one of the worlds best fighters to Percy? Nice. And Irrelevant.

Not to mention, even Bruce Lee would struggle against people who had 40 pounds on him, he just rarely took them on.

drrew

Reaction score
Cassius Marsh who trains MMA with Jay Glazer and his crew likely takes out anyone he was matched up against although JR Sweezy and Greg Scruggs would have something to say about it too.

Percy Harvin is an incredible athlete who would get killed by much bigger men.

Tokadub

Reaction score
jrod13206":1yyxzz64 said:
I know this is irelavent to on the field, but it does shine a light on toughness. I think Percy is small in stature but he is undoubtably physical and quick. I would think first though would be Kam but Percy just reminds me of brad Pitt in the movie snatch. What's your guys take.

That's awesome you mentioned Snatch because I literally watched that movie again last night and it rules.

Percy might be the most athletic guy in the NFL so one perfect shot on the chin I would imagine he could knock just about anyone out cold. He's so explosive and fast but he's much smaller than some of our other players so it's impossible to say what would really happen.

Honestly it seems like Maxwell might be one of our best fighters based on what he does on the field. He sure seems to punch the ball out of guys hands effortlessly, dude can punch for sure.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
There's no replacement for displacement. If somebody was larger than Bruce Lee but had the same skill level, they would have the advantage over Bruce Lee.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Yeah I think someone like Scruggs would take the cake. Dude is absolutely solid for his frame. I'm sure his fist clinched is probably about 50% the size of an average human skull.

irocdave

Reaction score
My guess would be an O lineman, sweazey perhaps? Hutchinson would have mopped the floor with any of the current Hawks players. Kam would be a close second. Percy hitting a guy that is a foot taller and a hundred pounds hevier would have almost zero effect on him and he would have to run after the first shot. Big guys can take big shots. They can also deliver big shots.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
No he is saying Percy could get his shots in but they wouldn't faze Kam as much as Kam's shots would hurt a smaller guy like Percy.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jrod13206":kxov9zw1 said:
And this also includes the whole team. Keep in mind Percy can throw up 450+ on a bench. So he does pack a punch with that quickness
A punch has little to do with how much you can bench, it's a completely different muscle group. Punching power comes from body mechanics. Body mechanics say if you have more mass behind a punch the more of a wallop it is going to pack. In fact putting mass behind your punch has little to do with your arm.

A good punch starts with the lower body. To throw a good cross you bend your knees and explode from your back foot, almost as if you're jumping. The power comes from the rotation of the hips, and shifting your body weight behind the punch (ie ending with most of your weight on the front leg). What happens next depends on which Martial Arts philosophy you follow. Muay Thai fighters like to drive the punch all the way through, boxers like a mix between a snap and drive.

Kam Chancellor would still hold a great advantage over Percy because he has more weight to throw behind his punch.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Cartire":1bmeaswi said:
jrod13206":1bmeaswi said:

Did you just compare one of the worlds best fighters to Percy? Nice. And Irrelevant.

Not to mention, even Bruce Lee would struggle against people who had 40 pounds on him, he just rarely took them on.
Bruce Lee was and is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. Most of today's UFC top fighters would absolutely destroy Bruce Lee in a one on one fight. Where Bruce Lee innovated was his concept of mixed martial arts. He essentially created the sport, he was the grandfather of the whole idea of mixing martial arts. There were several other guys such as Mas Oyama who experimented with the idea at the time, but Bruce Lee brought it into the publics eye.

His ideas, and his martial arts displays turned him into a bit of an urban legend. The reality is he probably would have been beaten by people from his time as well.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
The bigger question is who would win in a street fight. Bruce Lee or Kam Chancellor? Something tells me Bruce Lee might kick Kam's butt...

OP
OP
J

jrod13206

Reaction score
I saw legarret blunt drop a lineman with one punch. I know he is a big back but size isn't everything. Quickness with power is supreme to big and powerful. It only takes one punch and I think Percy is strong enough and quick enough to drop any player on the team. Maybe I just think to much of harvin but you see him on the field and he is a heat seeking missile.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Never, ever bet against Kam Chancellor in a fight. Dude is a walking, talking WMD.