Thurmond replacement and punt returner...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Could Adams realistically tick both boxes for us?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think the CB depth chart will end up being:

1. Sherman
2. Maxwell
3. Lane
4. Auguste
5. Simon

And we have way better athletes available to return punts than Adams imo.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":b8ceyvsq said:
Yes, though I think Jeremy Lane has a fairly significant early lead in the nickel corner race.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Lane is the real deal. I've been waiting to see him get a chance to play more. I go to multiple training camps a year, he always stands out. I thought he might take that step last season but maxwell leapfrogged him and for obvious good reason, but I think Lane is going to be the next big name out there in the secondary.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
NorthDallas40oz":3tv7dvkx said:
UK_Seahawk":3tv7dvkx said:
Yes, though I think Jeremy Lane has a fairly significant early lead in the nickel corner race.

I wonder if there is an outside chance that Lane challenges Maxwell for the second outside corner position. I doubt Lane would win out there, but I don't know if Maxwell is entrenched over there, and Lane has apparently looked awesome so far.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wasn't maxwell one of the higher rated CB's last year proportionately to his playing time though? I thought there was something someone posted illustrating that in the time he started he was one of the better ones in the league.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score

hawknation2014

Reaction score
By the end of this season, the general consensus will be that Lane is even more talented than Maxwell. This defense is just loaded. Enjoy it while we can.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
what I loved about Lane is that from day 1 when he came in he epitomized competition that these guys preach to the point where he was involved in more than one scuffle in practice. Full go every play. Just seems like a good fit. I think he could be VERY Good and could be a big part of the story when people look back and reflect on the hawks 2012 draft.

RynoHawk

Reaction score
I remember being at practice and Jeremy Lane ripped off his helmet and socked Golden Tate in the head (with his helmet on-!)

I knew then that Jeremy Lane had fire and wanted to compete...

Golden is now gone... Jeremy , please step up to the plate and show the world your FIre..

#gohawks