Same ol' dot net....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ivw8fk3 said:
Another draft, and most of us have still learned nothing about this front office. Are they all going to be HOFers? No. But good lord, you'd think that JS and PC have done enough in their first 4 drafts to warrant some trust and patience.

These guys took our Seahawks from bottom-feeders to World Champions - over teams like the Niners, Saints, Broncos, etc. - in just FOUR years. Complete and total transformation, building through the draft and UDFAs and took us to the SB and won.

You say we wasted our picks on players that could have been taken way later, or players who were inferior to guys still on the board?

Cool story, bro.

:thirishdrinkers:

I have no idea who these guys are but combined with the information I am getting and the fact they seem to have attitude? It could get ugly for the rest of the NFL. They really look like typical Seahawk picks. Overlooked and pissed.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":309otuzo said:
Another draft, and most of us have still learned nothing about this front office. Are they all going to be HOFers? No. But good lord, you'd think that JS and PC have done enough in their first 4 drafts to warrant some trust and patience.

These guys took our Seahawks from bottom-feeders to World Champions - over teams like the Niners, Saints, Broncos, etc. - in just FOUR years. Complete and total transformation, building through the draft and UDFAs and took us to the SB and won.

You say we wasted our picks on players that could have been taken way later, or players who were inferior to guys still on the board?

Cool story, bro.

A-freakin'-Men bruddah.... :34853_doh:

In Pete and John we "SHOULD" trust! Ya know, I.... I think they've done ok so far...

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Spounge84":2wiuwkw5 said:
It amazes me how many people still don't trust PC/JS.
Why should fans have to trust the gm on any particular pick?

Most hawk fans would have chosen a better player than Carpenter or Irvin. There are times when Schneider will make worse decisions than most people on the board.

As fans, whats wrong with voicing displeasure about a particular pick?

Im actually ok with who they've chosen, but I can see why others would be disappointed.

irocdave

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3rdf894v said:

Cool story, bro.

It's hard to judge the picks when they keep trading down. I know, they have made 2 as of right now but man this is hard to watch. It makes sense, rely on the bottom rounds, save cap space for RW and a LB. Trust is one thing, but total trust is another. There have been miss steps in drafts ( especially in the 1st round) and in FA's, don't be the total homer and ignore them. That being said, PC / JS have are proven talent evaluators and most importantly, able to coach up players with god given talent to fit the need. However this draft seems to be different. Last years drafted players made ZERO impact on the SB run. That cannot happen this year and be a contender.

mikeak

Reaction score
You guys have a thread where you applaud the FO and everyone else can discuss the picks...

Spounge84

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":bppn2drk said:
Spounge84":bppn2drk said:

Most hawk fans would have chosen a better player than Carpenter or Irvin. There are times when Schneider will make worse decisions than most people on the board.

Im actually ok with who they've chosen, but I can see why others would be disappointed.

So out of about 30 picks over 4 years, you've singled out the 2 guys they've whiffed on. There may have been a few guys here and there that haven't worked out, as it is with even the very best of front offices, but by and large the majority of their picks have met or exceeded expectations. That's why they have earned the benefit of the doubt and you haven't.

irocdave

Reaction score
I see this draft as the one that proves out that JS / PC are superior to the other 31 franchises talent evaluators. JS / PC need to as last years draft was not very productive as of today. Not to mention Carpenter and Irvin in previous drafts. This is what other fans talk about, having a great draft then having to pay the top tier talent 3 years later. Can you pull the rabbit out of the hat consistently? We will find out as this is the year the Hawks don't have the luxury to wait for immediate impacts from draft choices.

Not dogging PC / JS, just pointing out what is obvious to me. PC / JS will be forever remembered as the combo that worked their ass off to bring a Lombardi to Seattle and I have the utmost respect for them. But they are not above questioning, no one is. Especially leadership of a professional sports team. For the old timers, remember the early 80's?

sutz

Reaction score
irocdave":3ulj7ev1 said:
Last years drafted players made ZERO impact on the SB run. That cannot happen this year and be a contender.
Funny, I remember hearing stuff like that all last season. :laugh:

The fact is that if these two players and every pick we make tomorrow do not play a down in 2014, the Seahawks are still a "contender." That's a fact, barring injuries or other unpredictable events. We really didn't lose any significant performers beyond Tate and maybe one or two others to FA and we've signed some key players to long term deals that help set us up for the next 2-4 years. The guys we do have are one year more experienced and embedded into the system and team chemistry.

Sure, our division rivals are all improving, but they're still chasing us. 2014 is going to be epic, and I actually doubt that any rookie will have a lot of chance to contribute significantly. If one of them does, more's the better. ;)

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Spounge84":3k8uzugq said:
bjornanderson21":3k8uzugq said:
Spounge84":3k8uzugq said:

So out of about 30 picks over 4 years, you've singled out the 2 guys they've whiffed on. There may have been a few guys here and there that haven't worked out, as it is with even the very best of front offices, but by and large the majority of their picks have met or exceeded expectations. That's why they have earned the benefit of the doubt and you haven't.

Congratulations on being a mindless follower. Hope that works out for you

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Spounge84":12dzsq7q said:
It amazes me how many people judge a sport they've never played.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I dunno about you guys, but Backpack Rich is the next Jerry Rice in IMO

Facts are facts.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Different opinions or questioning Pete and John will not be tolerated on dot net!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1fhnskr8 said:
I wanted WR and OL, they drafted WR and OL, I'm happy.

This is what I was thinking. Exactly. The Hawks ultimately moved down 13 spots from their first pick and gained 2 out of the deal. While getting players they wanted. There might have been someone who didn't fall to 32 that changed their mind, but they were talking trade before the draft even started.

How many times have these guys hit on draft picks? We are talking a bunch. The starting roster is something around 75% draft picks and UDFAs. Most of them PC/JS picks. That is flat out crazy. All they have to do is hit on 2, maybe 3 players and they are not just sustained, they are improved.

Spounge84

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2cge527r said:
Spounge84":2cge527r said:
bjornanderson21":2cge527r said:
Spounge84":2cge527r said:

Congratulations on being a mindless follower. Hope that works out for you

Considering what happened in February, it's worked out quite well, thank you!

amill87

Reaction score
I really don't like the Russell Wilson pick. We could've waited another round and we just signed Matt Flynn. I'm pretty worried this FO just doesn't understand QBs, it's gonna be their Achilles heel.

The Kam Chancellor pick is a total waste. What is he? Is a he LB or SS? His coverage is subpar from what I've seen in my film watching.

Richard Sherman is too big to play corner. He is going to be torched by quicker WRs. He also doesn't have a lot of experience playing corner. Terrible pick.

Aaron Curry is the safest pick in the draft. I love the pick. He is going to be a pro bowler for years. He is going to make our LB corps the best in the league. Everything about him is perfect, he meets all the intangibles.

Latest posts