Same ol' dot net....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
cdallan":cw5pe2yc said:
I don't watch College football, so only have second hand opinions on these guys, but can somebody tell me why picking Richardson 45th is worse than the Rams picking Tavon Austin (was it with the 8th?) last year?

If Richardson stays healthy, he's gonna turn some heads. I still don't understand why some peeps don't like this pick.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think there's fair criticism of the OL pick and I don't know that Richardson fills a need.

What I do like is that Cable basically made the OL pick and he seems versatile which is a necessity on the Hawks!

I trust in PC/JS overall ability to create a winner, not every pick will be good but their net result has been a SB!

Largent80

Reaction score
Britt has a mean streak that I covet in an O-Lineman, and people around here are constantly bitching about WR's not getting separation. I'm pretty happy this morning. And guess what?....We have 3...4th round picks (as of right now). Utter brilliance by the staff.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":378wyth8 said:
Okay, most everyone is saying the same thing: I don't really know much, if anything, about these players.

Then there are two predominant reactions to this.

1) Since I don't know, I'll trust the guys who have done it pretty well over the past 4 years.
2) I don't like it. This sucks.

The first one is at least based on evidence. The second is needlessly negative and willfully ignorant. Neither has anything to do with groupthink or condescension. And neither does much to inform.

The most constructive response is to check out the game film and read articles to look for the qualities that Pete and John see. They have a history of finding attributes in underappreciated players that contribute to their developing into quality NFL'ers. What's the point of ignoring that and posting "this sucks" or "they're terrible"? How is that useful?

I don't understand the strong negative reactions either. I also don't agree with people that are accusing others of "group think" simply because they think it's excessive to have a strong negative emotion towards something when there is so little information related to it. You're right: if there's something constructive to be said then it's interesting. Grumpy threads without much information aren't useful, and seem pretty far out of whack considering this team won the Super Bowl a few months ago.

I gave up trying to figure out how this team was being managed years ago. I thought the trade for Lynch was wasted draft picks (although I wasn't angry about it); after that it became clear that I had no idea what these guys are doing at work.

I won't know if the guys picked in this years draft are worth it based on their position or any good at all for a couple of years. Most of the guys from last year are still a complete mystery.

I think the whole draft "hoopla" is bizarre because so many fans now are locked into the process, and get really strong feelings about what their team should do involving particular players.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Paul Richardson is going to make a lot of people eat some crow. The kid is Desean Jackson part two. The first 60 yard bomb from Russ to Rich is going to be a beautiful thing.

As for Britt.. I'm not going to lie.. I had no clue who he was, but if they felt like he was the guy to play RT.. then I'm sold.

It baffles me how many fans forget what JS/PC have done, simply because they don't pick a player McShay or Kiper are hyping up doesn't mean its a bad pick. In fact more often than not it means it was a good pick.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
I've come to respect the front office so much that it has an effect that causes me to be a little disinterested in the draft lol. I know, without question that the majority of the selection will be someone I dont know. So watching and hoping for this guy or that is pretty much a waste of my time. Im more of a "look the guy up that we just picked" and learn about him that way :thirishdrinkers:

CPHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":1zvt5yx4 said:
I don't watch College football, so only have second hand opinions on these guys, but can somebody tell me why picking Richardson 45th is worse than the Rams picking Tavon Austin (was it with the 8th?) last year?

It's not, Paul Rich is a dynamic WR, and is already bigger then Austin.

daveman918

Reaction score
MrCarey":1cbswgrv said:
Damn, people are unhappy? We got a sweet ass receiver and someone for the o-line. How unhappy can you be with that?

Seems to be a personality thing. If you look at the previous posts, of the negative or critical folks, in many cases there is a pattern. Not saying they are bad people, it's just a reality that some people see through poop colored glasses and some through rose. :D

I'm just happy that I'm watching the draft and can't wait to watch our great team again.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
When it comes time for these guys to play, most people will 'forget' their reaction.

No every pick will pan out. 2011 (and kearly) showed me how many probably will.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2rc2mdnt said:
When it comes time for these guys to play, most people will 'forget' their reaction.

No every pick will pan out. 2011 (and kearly) showed me how many probably will.

Thats exactly right,

30% of last years draft is gone
20% of last years draft saw significant playing time last year
50% were either injured or just not used

So in theory 70% of last years class is still on the roster.
we could have potential starters in Willson and Bailey, I would think Michael will see more time, Jordan Hill and Jesse Willams coming into the defensive rotation could be huge.

Ware and Jared Smith? well who knows, but 70% of our 2013 draft did stick.

Happy

Reaction score
The knee-jerk negativity is what happens when the Mock drafts and projections turn out to not even be close to what the team is actually doing. Simple as.

This sums it up for me:

[youtube]NHipzGL4dwM[/youtube]

General Manager

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not convinced this has been a good draft at all, they might be right we'll see.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
What makes me laugh is when folks start with the "I watched film on this guy, and...." What the hell do you know? How many on this board are paid to make evaluations of talent?

And then the same folks who swore that Red Bryant was a bum, (even nicknamed him Cornbread, IIRC) now want to give their expert opinion on talent we've drafted. LOL!

chris98251

Reaction score
I find it amusing the so called experts won't say anything bad anymore, they just say Pete and John have a type of player they go after and know how they will use them in their system.

Thats what happens when you have egg on your face year after year and then win a Super Bowl, they cannot argue with our success.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
chris98251":17tb5oq8 said:
I find it amusing the so called experts won't say anything bad anymore, they just say Pete and John have a type of player they go after and know how they will use them in their system.

Thats what happens when you have egg on your face year after year and then win a Super Bowl, they cannot argue with our success.
Yup. Thinking the same thing. They don't dare. Making them question their evaluations.

razgriz737

Reaction score
LymonHawk":310c411u said:
What makes me laugh is when folks start with the "I watched film on this guy, and...." What the hell do you know? How many on this board are paid to make evaluations of talent?

And then the same folks who swore that Red Bryant was a bum, (even nicknamed him Cornbread, IIRC) now want to give their expert opinion on talent we've drafted. LOL!
Film = a highlight video or two on youtube. Lol.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
amill87":2i32vmq6 said:
I really don't like the Russell Wilson pick. We could've waited another round and we just signed Matt Flynn. I'm pretty worried this FO just doesn't understand QBs, it's gonna be their Achilles heel.

The Kam Chancellor pick is a total waste. What is he? Is a he LB or SS? His coverage is subpar from what I've seen in my film watching.

Richard Sherman is too big to play corner. He is going to be torched by quicker WRs. He also doesn't have a lot of experience playing corner. Terrible pick.

Aaron Curry is the safest pick in the draft. I love the pick. He is going to be a pro bowler for years. He is going to make our LB corps the best in the league. Everything about him is perfect, he meets all the intangibles.

Post of the Year.

To the OP - I couldn't of said it better myself. During the Draft overall I am not stressed. Its going to be Okay . If our 1st rounder sucks well who cares our 6th rounder will make up for it. We don't care about draft status or money when it comes to playing time . We care about production.

People we draft may not make the team, it doesn't matter if they are a fourth round wide receiver ( Chris Harper , Kris Durham ) So Kevin Norwood better come in a produce or he won't make the team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18c404zl said:
Another draft, and most of us have still learned nothing about this front office. Are they all going to be HOFers? No. But good lord, you'd think that JS and PC have done enough in their first 4 drafts to warrant some trust and patience.

These guys took our Seahawks from bottom-feeders to World Champions - over teams like the Niners, Saints, Broncos, etc. - in just FOUR years. Complete and total transformation, building through the draft and UDFAs and took us to the SB and won.

You say we wasted our picks on players that could have been taken way later, or players who were inferior to guys still on the board?

Cool story, bro.

:thirishdrinkers:

+1,000.

Let's discuss the validity of this draft in three years people. That's about the time we can offer up an opinion that actually means something.