Same ol' dot net....

razor150

Reaction score
I think they did a good job targetting where the team needs to improve. I am notalent evaluator so my opinions on players isn't worth much, but the tape on Richardson is pretty darn impressive. That kid has some wheels and can really catch the ball. The rest will either be good or they won't, same as anybody else they coud have picke. One thing I do know is this front office is good at what they do, despite some of the misses on picks, they know what they want for the system, and they have a plan. That is something I can appreciate after the Ruskell years.

That said I sm still scratching my head over why we picked 2 RBs last year. Oh well, as long as we keep winning and the roster continues to impress they can confound me all they want.

pmedic920

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1zfsu1fm said:
Spounge84":1zfsu1fm said:
It amazes me how many people still don't trust PC/JS.
Why should fans have to trust the gm on any particular pick?

Most hawk fans would have chosen a better player than Carpenter or Irvin. There are times when Schneider will make worse decisions than most people on the board.

As fans, whats wrong with voicing displeasure about a particular pick?

Im actually ok with who they've chosen, but I can see why others would be disappointed.

Because you/they can't do anything better about it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Though I believe we could have got Richardson lower, I have to assume we couldn't find another trade partner to allow for that. And yes, I personally would have preferred ASJ, but love PR as a receiver and believe he will add an element we've not known before on this team. Pick your poison, defenses.

OTOH, I do understand why others might not like the pick. Not only did he miss a year with a serious knee injury, he was also booted off the UCLA football team for stealing a girl's backpack. Booted by a weasel. Ouch.

Add his 170 lb frame to that and the people that don't like the pick have a legit argument and shouldn't be ridiculed (by the pack), IMO.

"Keep people free thinking" ~ Frank Zappa.

Smellyman

Reaction score
CPHawk":2xd79swy said:
cdallan":2xd79swy said:
I don't watch College football, so only have second hand opinions on these guys, but can somebody tell me why picking Richardson 45th is worse than the Rams picking Tavon Austin (was it with the 8th?) last year?

It's not, Paul Rich is a dynamic WR, and is already bigger then Austin.

so true and good debate. Austin was coveted, but as a receiver Paul is probably better and 4 inches taller. Just as fast or splitting haris who is faster, Austin has a proven return game and Richardson not much oppurtunity. As a receiver, I like Richardson.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Benji, I love you like a brother... and I miss you so much it hurts sometimes... but if it's one thing around here I cannot stand, it's the negative grouping of ".NET" as if the vocal minority of those who are negative or jump the gun or have an unwarranted meltdown (and I do so love a good .NET meltdown) aren't actually outnumbered by those of us who keep a level head and understand that there is a process. "Same ol' dot net" to me just means that we're still the biggest, most diverse and best online community for all things Hawks.

Sometimes somebody deserves to be ridiculed tho. I get that.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1e4t8fhl said:
sutz":1e4t8fhl said:
irocdave":1e4t8fhl said:
Last years drafted players made ZERO impact on the SB run. That cannot happen this year and be a contender.
Funny, I remember hearing stuff like that all last season. :laugh:

The fact is that if these two players and every pick we make tomorrow do not play a down in 2014, the Seahawks are still a "contender." That's a fact, barring injuries or other unpredictable events. We really didn't lose any significant performers beyond Tate and maybe one or two others to FA and we've signed some key players to long term deals that help set us up for the next 2-4 years. The guys we do have are one year more experienced and embedded into the system and team chemistry.

Sure, our division rivals are all improving, but they're still chasing us. 2014 is going to be epic, and I actually doubt that any rookie will have a lot of chance to contribute significantly. If one of them does, more's the better. ;)

Exactly. We won the SB with minimal rookie contribution. That's a good thing, not a bad thing.
Yet another yap! yap! yap! post. Go find a church if you don't like anyone expressing opposing viewpoints.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
HawkWow":2rbgez4s said:
Though I believe we could have got Richardson lower, I have to assume we couldn't find another trade partner to allow for that. And yes, I personally would have preferred ASJ, but love PR as a receiver and believe he will add an element we've not known before on this team. Pick your poison, defenses.

OTOH, I do understand why others might not like the pick. Not only did he miss a year with a serious knee injury, he was also booted off the UCLA football team for stealing a girl's backpack. Booted by a weasel. Ouch.

Add his 170 lb frame to that and the people that don't like the pick have a legit argument and shouldn't be ridiculed (by the pack), IMO.

"Keep people free thinking" ~ Frank Zappa.
Based off the bolded part I'm surprised one of the many nicknames already floated around here for him hasn't been Swiper.