McDaniel in talks with Hawks - Update: Reached agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
We have two 'starting' roles available on running downs now, the 3-tech and the 5-tech, and McDaniel could potentially fill either. He should be considered a 'hi-pri' free agent for the Hawks now, almost (but not quite) as much as Golden Tate.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This would be an underrated signing. Has enough size and length to play inside or replace Red as 5-tech. Stuffs RBs all day.

Get him.

plyka

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1s2h06vg said:
We have two 'starting' roles available on running downs now, the 3-tech and the 5-tech, and McDaniel could potentially fill either. He should be considered a 'hi-pri' free agent for the Hawks now, almost (but not quite) as much as Golden Tate.

I would rate the 6'7'' monster much higher than Tate. In fact, I wouldn't sign Tate for even 4m per year, because I think this team needs to open up one of those WRs spots for a high draft pick + Baldwin/Percy/Kearse are still here.

Tony Mcdaniel on the other hand is very underrated. He was a beast this last year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He's great in our system as our run-stuffing lineman. He knows he has a chance for an expanded role here too, with Red gone.

Get a deal done!

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
If Henry Melton is signed by Dallas, I think Jason Hatcher bolts. He's got some wear at 31 but is a monster at 6'6 300 and 11 sacks. Maybe the Hawks give him a last- chance- at- a- ring- deal.

Chapow

Reaction score
Really hope they can get a deal worked out. We already lost Big Red and McDonald, if we lose McDaniel too I think the compound effect of losing all 3 would be pretty significant for our D Line.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Chapow":27xt1z44 said:
Really hope they can get a deal worked out. We already lost Big Red and McDonald, if we lose McDaniel too I think the compound effect of losing all 3 would be pretty significant for our D Line.

Yeah that's a lot of beef.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Given the losses at that position one would think the odds are in favor of it but the FO often thinks out of the box.

I'd like to keep him. For a reasonable cost of course.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Yes please. Big Run blocking DTs can play well into their 30's. Look at Ted Washington, Pat Williams, & Siragusa. All they need to do is eat up space and not lose ground. McDaniels does that really well. Fingers crossed.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ludakrishna":kjwn5yaq said:
Yes please. Big Run blocking DTs can play well into their 30's. Look at Ted Washington, Pat Williams, & Siragusa. All they need to do is eat up space and not lose ground. McDaniels does that really well. Fingers crossed.

Having one is also a key for the defense. The vikings lost Pat Williams and their defense has been on the decline ever since.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Yeah - McDaniel can easily play well for another couple of years - especially at the 5-tech DE spot. Would love to see him take over for Big Red. 3 years/7 million.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Huge fan of McDaniel. He was extremely disruptive up the middle and he's more agile than Bryant. Some of the moves he made amazed me. "He's 6'7" and 300+?" amazed . Love this.

Now if they can get Hauscka sign I'll be extremely happy.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1t326uot said:
This would be an underrated signing. Has enough size and length to play inside or replace Red as 5-tech. Stuffs RBs all day.

Get him.

+1

Dude is a baller.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1drearly said:

Get him.

And rack up some TFLs too. He turns 30 before the next SB, and I don't care. Age bias ftw.

kf3339

Reaction score
Really want to keep McDaniel in the fold! Hope a fair deal gets done for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts