McDaniel in talks with Hawks - Update: Reached agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutz

Reaction score
Would be nice to retain at least some of our rotational guys. Hang on to a couple of vets and draft a young'un or two and keep the cycle going.

Hawks46

Reaction score
plyka":14hf9zbo said:
NorthDallas40oz":14hf9zbo said:
We have two 'starting' roles available on running downs now, the 3-tech and the 5-tech, and McDaniel could potentially fill either. He should be considered a 'hi-pri' free agent for the Hawks now, almost (but not quite) as much as Golden Tate.

I would rate the 6'7'' monster much higher than Tate. In fact, I wouldn't sign Tate for even 4m per year, because I think this team needs to open up one of those WRs spots for a high draft pick + Baldwin/Percy/Kearse are still here.

Tony Mcdaniel on the other hand is very underrated. He was a beast this last year.

I tend to agree with you. I really like Tate, and I'd like to see him resigned ,but if you look at our WR corps without him: Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse......I honestly don't think we'd miss Tate all that much except on punt returns.

Problem is, I'm a bit gun shy about trusting Harvin to a full year with full time reps. After Kearse we have Lockette. Our depth sucks now, but we do need room for a draft pick. I really have a feeling we're going to take a WR in the 1st two rounds with this deep class.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Thought McDaniel was more important than McDonald. It seemed obviouse since we had cut McDonald and only brought him back once due to injuries. I think Hill and Scruggs can produce some decent pass rush from DT as well as Bennett sliding inside. What we need is a run stuffer and McDaniel is that guy, if we can't keep him around we might have to spend a big more in FA or a mid round pick.

I'd be alright with Hatcher over McDaniel but it'd be great to get both for under $6mil combined.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I'm greedy, i want Allen the quarterback slayer, Hatcher the hatchet, Avril the assassin, Bonecrusher McDaniel, Bennet the Butcher all this line.. Cap problems? We are about to be even better!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Update:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 40s

Negotiations between #Seahawks and DT Tony McDaniel are heating up, per source. Two other teams are also involved. May get decision today

Status
Not open for further replies.