How many little things have you noticed rewatching the SB

Exittium

Reaction score
For me I noticed in the 1st Qtr at the 10:24 Mark, Sweezy being called for a false start during Hauschka's kick and 5yd Penalty, which then in the replay BEFORE the media crew circled JR Sweezy you see in fact it wasn't Sweezy or Seattle at all, it was Denver's #97 Malik Jackson who moved before Sweezy. Which if it was called correctly we would have 1st down, and possible would have walked away with a 50 burger :D (Funny enough you can here the commentator as he circle Sweezy watching it, pause for a moment probably seeing we did)

Per the Rules of "Position of Players at Snap"
"No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start."

I know it doesn't matter and we still won and what not, I'm just enjoying being able to go through and look at little stuff, so what all have you noticed after your numerous re-watches?

HawkGA

Reaction score
On Harvin's second sweep play, somebody (Miller, I think) gets pushed back by a Broncos defender forcing Harvin to run around him a bit and ultimately go more towards the sideline. I haven't seen a view to see what the field looked like in front of him, but I wonder how that play would have gone if Miller had gotten a push rather than being pushed.

On Harvin's first sweep play, he is around the defensive end before the defensive end realizes what happens. You can see him standing there looking at Wilson not realizing Harvin was already behind him. Pretty awesome.

OP
OP
Exittium

Exittium

Reaction score
HawkGA":157nx6n2 said:
On Harvin's second sweep play, somebody (Miller, I think) gets pushed back by a Broncos defender forcing Harvin to run around him a bit and ultimately go more towards the sideline. I haven't seen a view to see what the field looked like in front of him, but I wonder how that play would have gone if Miller had gotten a push rather than being pushed.

On Harvin's first sweep play, he is around the defensive end before the defensive end realizes what happens. You can see him standing there looking at Wilson not realizing Harvin was already behind him. Pretty awesome.

Yeah that 1st sweep had me laughing pretty hard when I saw Knighton turn around and was a day late dollar short. Overall I've enjoyed re watching the SB pointing out small things, because its small that's I think this year will be different. And I think what we saw in the SB is a preview of what we're going to see for our 2014 season.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Pete got doused with gatorade twice did anyone see who got him the second time with the yellow/green gatorade?

A

Anonymous

I only noticed 1 big thing:

A large, shiny, obelisk-looking thing, with a shiny football on top of it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Trying to hear what Breno says to Lynch after he scores that TD...Anybody?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I noticed Sweezy have himself a really nice game, even holding his own against Knighton in some match ups.

I also noticed Kearse I think it was (maybe Golden) find themselves open on the big throw to Baldwin and instead of attacking open field space they ran toward the sideline which kinda baffled me, but mattered little.

Unger had a really inconsistent game, I hope he gets his 2012 form back.

Lockette is great on special teams, I doubt he makes the roster next year, but he has certainly made a case.

Shead looks a hell of a lot bigger than he did last pre-season and is still quick. If Maxwell and Thurmond leave, then Shead and Lane are the next men up excluding Simon. We will probably go for another CB in the draft if this happens, but given that even Sherman was not an immediate starter, I could see us rolling with Shead if this happens.

Has Carp lost weight?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2ql7p5mm said:
I noticed a whole lot of Bruce Irvin on the sideline.

Yep. There was no way Pete and Quinn were going to put Bruce in the game in that many passing situations...........which for the Broncos is pretty much every down.

I was pretty stoked about Irvin when he was drafted, but now that he's barely even rushing the passer anymore it'll be interesting to see what the future holds for Bruce on this team. For our starting outside LB, you sure don't see his name being called very often.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bruce played 17 snaps. About the same as Red and Tony McDaniel. Interesting thing is that Schofield played a decent number of snaps. I don't even think he was active for the NFC Championship Game. Heck of a time to get a promotion.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I noticed on percy's return he gets it on the thirteen but I looked for it and even the announcer said , the ball bounces on the TWELVE yard line

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I noticed Wilson made the first down. Looking at the chains, at the mark, at the place he puts the ball down. He made it. How the replay could have possibly got that wrong is beyond me.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ba2ivwi said:
I noticed Wilson made the first down. Looking at the chains, at the mark, at the place he puts the ball down. He made it. How the replay could have possibly got that wrong is beyond me.

I will never settle for an explanation other than "We got that wrong." i can't comprehend how the ref didn't at least mark the ball and measure. It was a first down.

OP
OP
Exittium

Exittium

Reaction score
2nd Qtr 3rd & 9 7:35 on the Clock Denvers Ball.. Manning throws it to Welker and he makes it. Shortly After they show different angles of the throw and HOLY SH!! AVRIL can jump! If he was literally 2 feet to his left that ball would have nailed him mid to lower numbers for an interception..
(The play right after where he threw to Demarious Thomas and it was 2nd and Inches.. should have been 2nd and 1 or 2 yrds.. Also Before Bennett tackled him.. Hold cr@p he jumps up and he came literally within centimeters batting the ball or intercepting it as well.)

Our Teams Ball awareness is just amazing and outstanding.
As for:

SalishHawkFan":1b7eliwx said:

They showed on angle from which he was running and it looked like it, but then in the replay they showed a 2nd angle from the defensive side of the ball.. IT STILL looks like he made it. That shadow really imo was what made it obvious it was a 1st down. If anything Pete should have had them measure and it would have been good. Because then afterward didn't they almost spot it 1 yard shorter then where Wilson originally put that ball down at?

12thManNorth

Reaction score
I noticed with some better execution & luck (red zone false starts, RW getting the call on that 1st down, Kearse holding onto the ball in the endzone, us being able to fall on the safety, Denver fumbling twice in their territory and recovering, etc) and the fact in a typical game we woulda gone all out in the 4th quarter, that Denver is lucky we didn't score 60 points

Also noticed that Denver didn't break one tackle the entire game. I think Kearse broke 4 or 5 alone on that one TD play

birdman5

Reaction score
One of the things I liked most was on the Sound FX replay, Fox, speaking of the Seahawks defense, "man they're fast!"

HawkGA

Reaction score
birdman5":1ck4cbod said:
One of the things I liked most was on the Sound FX replay, Fox, speaking of the Seahawks defense, "man they're fast!"

I also liked all the conversation before the game about how it looked like it was a Denver crowd. Roger says something like, "The 12th Man is loud" and then all the talk after the first play was how loud it was. I don't know what the actual numbers breakdown was of fans, but it sounded at least like Denver might have had an edge. But the fans, much like their team, did not "bring it" the same way the 12th Man did.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I saw Zach Miller make a boneheaded move on a run play. He was left of Okung with Danny Trevatha, a damn good linebacker, across from him. The ball is snapped and Zach steps back, goes behind Okung and jumps forward in between Okung and the LG, giving Trevathan a free shot on Lynch. That play baffled me.

I saw blocker miss Trevathan a lot, and Marshawn ran right in to him. Danny is a damn good LB, but the number of times he had an easy shot at Marshawn was almost comical.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Exittium":veiywpwk said:
Yeah that 1st sweep had me laughing pretty hard when I saw Knighton turn around and was a day late dollar short. Overall I've enjoyed re watching the SB pointing out small things, because its small that's I think this year will be different. And I think what we saw in the SB is a preview of what we're going to see for our 2014 season.

derrrpp.... where'd he, what, huh...

Duh zpsac5808cf

Latest posts