Who do we bring back?

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Who do we say goodbye to? IMO, here's how I think it goes down:

Rice: Gone, that contract and just time to move on. Thanks for being a Hawk though Syd.

Clemons: Restructure big time or it's time to move on.

Miller: Restructure big time or it's time to move on.

Baldwin: Must resign.

Tate: Resign, the kid is a good WR and a true seahawk.

Bennett: Must resign.

ET: Must work out a new deal, keep the LOB in tact.

Who else am I missing? Thoughts?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":1axvjy8z said:
Who do we say goodbye to? IMO, here's how I think it goes down:

Rice: Gone, that contract and just time to move on. Thanks for being a Hawk though Syd.

Clemons: Restructure big time or it's time to move on.

Miller: Restructure big time or it's time to move on.

Baldwin: Must resign.

Tate: Resign, the kid is a good WR and a true seahawk.

Bennett: Must resign.

ET: Must work out a new deal, keep the LOB in tact.

Who else am I missing? Thoughts?

I know people know what you mean, but it is something that comes up every off season, so please people, if you want to keep a player he "re-signs". If you want him to quit and leave the team he "resigns."

Now, to answer your question. We can't keep everyone mainly because we have to draft players. I think some guys will likely have to restructure their deals, and I won't be surprised if we made a trade or two for future draft picks. Also, we can't forget that all these guys now have a ring. A lot of guys look for the ring then look to get paid, so we may lose some guys to better contracts due to our success, so we can't expect to keep everyone and you can't really blame those who go and get "overpaid"

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
I've seen most people say they think Baldwin is a must keep kind of guy. How much cap hit before he's not a must re-sign anymore? 6mill...8mill...10?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":3l7zi4h9 said:
I've seen most people say they think Baldwin is a must keep kind of guy. How much cap hit before he's not a must re-sign anymore? 6mill...8mill...10?

Doug is a RFA. He's not going to get that kind of money.

titan3131

Reaction score
Rice loves seattle, owns Buffalo Wild wings franchises here and still has some years. I see him restructuring for 4 million with safety valves for injuries...

Clem gone mayowa, schofield, or a rookie takes slot.

Miller will stay this is a great price.

Bryant will restructure.

Baldwin will get 5 mlllion

tate will get 3-4

Bennett should get 6-7 million multi year

Clinton mcdonald gets a 2 year deal 4 million

Giacomini/carp gone...

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
kidhawk":jsrj1800 said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":jsrj1800 said:

Whether he gets paid this year or next is besides my point.

But we could tag him and get a Draft pick and not take that chance.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":1szk3km7 said:
kidhawk":1szk3km7 said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":1szk3km7 said:

Whether he gets paid this year or next is besides my point.

But we could tag him and get a Draft pick and not take that chance.

He'll get the RFA tag if he wants to test the market, but having the tag allows us to likely be able to get him on a cap friendly contract. I can easily see him signing a 4 year deal and getting a decent payday now instead of waiting until next year, while keeping it cap friendly for us. Honestly it's the most likely path IMO

BullHawk33

Reaction score
There is no way we use a tag on Baldwin.

Frankly, all of this seems too early to discuss yet. Need to wait at least until the parade is over before I start thinking of players that are gone/leaving.

kidhawk

Reaction score
BullHawk33":jtrrr9ct said:
There is no way we use a tag on Baldwin.

Frankly, all of this seems too early to discuss yet. Need to wait at least until the parade is over before I start thinking of players that are gone/leaving.

We won't use a franchise tag or anything like that, but we will tender him an offer through the RFA rules, but honestly I don't think Doug wants to go anywhere. I think that since we have the RFA rule we have a chance to get him locked up to a solid contract now instead of waiting for him to be an UFA next year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I see Rice getting restructured with a lot of incentives. He won't put up huge numbers in our type of offense as long as Marshawn runs how he does and our defense continues playing at a 2000 Ravens/85 Bears level. We just wont need to throw 35 times a game. He still is a 1B tier WR.

I think DB and Tate can be resigned in a way to not break the bank. If either start looking for over 7-8 mil, I don't see them signing here.

Bennett is a must sign.

Miller wont be costing much money this year so I don't see any reason to change his salary for a guy who is a solid contributor in the run game.

I think Red needs to be restructed. Lots of heart but too much money for a guy who doesn't see the field enough.

Might be time to say goodbye to Clem. Avril gets such a ridiculous jump off the line and is a bigger piece at this point I'd say.

I think ET will get a new deal similar to Kam before his contracts up. Reward those who buy into the program.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":1t9qb3bk said:
I see Rice getting restructured with a lot of incentives. He won't put up huge numbers in our type of offense as long as Marshawn runs how he does and our defense continues playing at a 2000 Ravens/85 Bears level. We just wont need to throw 35 times a game. He still is a 1B tier WR.

I think DB and Tate can be resigned in a way to not break the bank. If either start looking for over 7-8 mil, I don't see them signing here.

Bennett is a must sign.

Miller wont be costing much money this year so I don't see any reason to change his salary for a guy who is a solid contributor in the run game.

I think Red needs to be restructed. Lots of heart but too much money for a guy who doesn't see the field enough.

Might be time to say goodbye to Clem. Avril gets such a ridiculous jump off the line and is a bigger piece at this point I'd say.

I think ET will get a new deal similar to Kam before his contracts up. Reward those who buy into the program.

I'm not sure why people say that we are going to say goodbye to Clem. Avril and Bennett are both UFA. We have no guarantee of keeping either of them at this point in time. Clemons had lower numbers, but that was in part because we had so many pass rushers out there. Clemons still played excellent football when he was on the field. I see Clemons as staying. They may or may not want to restructure, especially if they can use some of the savings to keep Bennett and Avril, but Clemons and Bennett would be on par with Bennett and Avril, so it really just comes down to who wants to be here and who is just looking for the top dollar.

mistaowen

Reaction score
kidhawk":3sjylxc0 said:
mistaowen":3sjylxc0 said:

Bennett is a must sign.

I'm not sure why people say that we are going to say goodbye to Clem. Avril and Bennett are both UFA. We have no guarantee of keeping either of them at this point in time. Clemons had lower numbers, but that was in part because we had so many pass rushers out there. Clemons still played excellent football when he was on the field. I see Clemons as staying. They may or may not want to restructure, especially if they can use some of the savings to keep Bennett and Avril, but Clemons and Bennett would be on par with Bennett and Avril, so it really just comes down to who wants to be here and who is just looking for the top dollar.

I can agree with that. If Avril used this one season to show his skills just to go to some crummy team looking to throw lots of money at him then Clem will 100% stay. I love me some Clem, especially how he essentially restarted his career with us at a later age and WAS our pass rush before this year. I just think Avril has such a ridiculous first step and speed to get straight at the QB that if the money is comparable, I would rather go with the younger Avril. It's going to be an interesting offseason to see how all these contracts work out. Good thing we have the best, least awarded GM in the NFL.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":sln39ogg said:
I can agree with that. If Avril used this one season to show his skills just to go to some crummy team looking to throw lots of money at him then Clem will 100% stay. I love me some Clem, especially how he essentially restarted his career with us at a later age and WAS our pass rush before this year. I just think Avril has such a ridiculous first step and speed to get straight at the QB that if the money is comparable, I would rather go with the younger Avril. It's going to be an interesting offseason to see how all these contracts work out. Good thing we have the best, least awarded GM in the NFL.

:thirishdrinkers:

tdigitee

Reaction score
Avril signed a two-year deal. He will be in Seattle for the 2014-2015 season. :D

Jeremy517

Reaction score
kidhawk":mfjkqa6u said:

Avril is not a free agent; he has one year left. His cap hit jumps from $3.75mm to $9.25mm though.

Why do people say Clemons won't be back or will be restructured? It is easy; his cap hit next year is $9,666,668. Cutting or restructuring his contract can save up to $7.5mm in cap space. People aren't saying he'll be gone because of his play, but because of his age and contract.

It is the ugly part of the NFL; guys who we love and have been great for us fall victim to the salary cap and the business-side of the NFL. It sucks, but we can't have Avril and Clemons combining for almost $20mm of our cap.

kidhawk

Reaction score
tdigitee":2ycnuxbq said:
Avril signed a two-year deal. He will be in Seattle for the 2014-2015 season. :D

You are right, I just looked, both him and Clemons are scheduled to make over $9 million next season and both become Free agents after that. This makes this year a good year to extend them to give us more cap money now and get them locked up longer term. Maybe Clemons on a 3 year deal and Avril a 3-4 year deal.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
We don't really need Rice.

Harvin, Baldwin, Tate & Kearse.

Honestly I think Tate gets a huge contract in the offseason by some team desperate for receivers, like Carolina. The crop of free agent receivers is thin.

Love Tate, but I think we're good with Baldwin, Kearse and Harvin going forward.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Those concerned with Earl, he is due to make $5.2 million next season, so we really have some time to work on his deal. He's not being underpaid that much honestly. Kam is making $5.5 million next year, so they are close to right in line. Not saying we don't extend him, just that it's not necessarily going to be one of the early moves. I'd guess it happens later...closer to training camp.