Who do we bring back?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I do love the off season in its own way. My thoughts:

Tate? I think someone will overpay Golden Tate and we lose him. He's a nice player at times , but not at anything more than $4 mil/year. A good CB can shut him down and you won't see him all game at times. A team with no weapons like the Jets will overpay him.

Baldwin? RFA so he ain't leaving, but hell, maybe we can lock him up long term now. I'd much rather keep him than Tate if it can only be one. Seahawk lifer I hope.

Bennett? Priority number 1 to re-sign imo. Such a perfect fit for this team. Do what it takes.

Breno? Would like to keep him, but some other team may overpay for him. We cannot overpay for him.

McQuistan? Walks

Carp? Still under a manageable contract I believe so he will probably get 1 more year.

Clemons? Throwback game for him in the superbowl I thought. That was great to see. I think they have to bring down his cap hit though. He might not be back if someone else will pay him if we cut him.

Big Red? Have to bring down his cap hit. I like him in his role and as a leader, but he is truly overpaid. He barely plays half the snaps and brings no pass rush. He's good at what he does, but not worth that kind of dough.

LOB? Resign Earl first, that will be easier. Try for Sherm, try for Maxwell. See if it can be done. Sherm's negotiation will probably be drawn out as hell and be pretty scary.

Hausch? Probably will just cost too much given everyone else who needs to get paid. We'd all love to have him back but we are going to lose some players we love, no doubt.

Rice? Cut. maybe he re-signs a 1 year "prove it deal" if no one else is willing to throw big money at him.

Miller? Re-structure if possible. Cut is not out of the question. He's a good player and a good fit for what we do at TE, I believe he is becoming more and more of "just a guy." We can get someone else who can block and give you 30-40 catches for less money, come on.

McDaniel and McDonald? Would love to see them back, especially Big Tony, but I think both these guys might strike it rich elsewhere. These could be 2 guys that just get flat out raided by teams wanting to get in on the Seattle D magic.

KJ and Malcom? I think they both have 1 more year but it would be great to lock up one or both of them. Maybe they want some long term contract security now. Otherwise I'd imagine one or both of these guys will get raided after next season.

Latest posts