Hoping for Clear Skies and No Wind

nategreat

Reaction score
A Super Bowl win is a Super Bowl win, but the last thing I want is for the Seahawks to win it all, only for everyone to put an asterisk by it saying, "Well, they only won because it was windy, and it limited Peyton Manning's performance."

No. I want the weather to be a non-issue, or as little of an issue as possible. A little cold won't hurt. But keep the wind out of it. I have great faith in our defense and the L.O.B.

I want to see the L.O.B. M.P.M.T.B. Try and figure that one out ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Get ready. My neighbor the Broncos/49ers fan has already mentioned it.

"...Since the world loves Manning you'll get to hear how they only won because of bad weather....Not from me though...It would suck but that's the way it goes I guess. Fingers crossed for 45+, sun, and no wind..."

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Screw that. Football is an outdoor sport. Denver knew what they were getting when they signed him and he had to play in Denver.
We have to play in the same weather.
It makes no sence that the NFC and Afc championships game can be played in any weather but the Super Bowl can't be. We didn't pick the site, the nfl did.
Was there an asterisk for the 2006 Super Bowl--NO
And if there was do you think the stealer fans would care.
I'm going to the game and I hope it's cold and windy. Screw Peyton

BadGuy711

Reaction score
You have exactly 0% chance of the Seahawks winning and having Broncos Fans say "Wow, you guys played a great game"

They win and there is an injury to Denver, it will be blown up as a dirty Seahawk hit that caused them to lose.

Failing that, if it will be blamed on whatever controversial call the Refs had go Seattle way. Anything will do.

Failing the improbability that there are no debatable calls, it will be a tainted win because Pete cheated in college, all the PEDs, and of course, Sherman is a thug in post game interviews.

OrFan

Reaction score
How could the wind be a factor for Manning? Most of his passes are less than 10 yards. A truly deep ball from him might go 20, but that is rare. A ball that actually goes 30 plus yards in the air is almost unheard of.

Wilson, on the other hand, throws 30+ yard passes all the time. Once in a while we see one that flies 50+ yards.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
nategreat":8so1kzrn said:
A Super Bowl win is a Super Bowl win, but the last thing I want is for the Seahawks to win it all, only for everyone to put an asterisk by it saying, "Well, they only won because it was windy, and it limited Peyton Manning's performance."

No. I want the weather to be a non-issue, or as little of an issue as possible. A little cold won't hurt. But keep the wind out of it. I have great faith in our defense and the L.O.B.

I want to see the L.O.B. M.P.M.T.B. Try and figure that one out ;)

make peyton manning their beee-eye-itch.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Nobody cares about an asterisk next to a SB win except the team and its fans on the losing end.

djb28

Reaction score
Both teams play on the same field. No excuses.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Funny....I'm hoping for cold weather. Win is a win and fans always make excuses in a loss.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I get the idea that we don't want excuses. For example, I was actually quite happy when we fumbled on the goal line the play after Bowman's injury. It was a weird feeling that caught me by surprise. That call could have helped us seal the game, but it would have tarnished the victory.
That said...I don't care if all 22 starters for the broncos get food poisoning the night before the game and can't play. I want that win. I don't care about excuses or obscure reasons why we might win...I want that damn lombardi.

kearly

Reaction score
Winning by a score of, oh I don't know, 30-10 or 40-10 will do wonders for removing asterisks.

OP
OP
N

nategreat

Reaction score
kearly":b7zsradv said:
Winning by a score of, oh I don't know, 30-10 or 40-10 will do wonders for removing asterisks.

Hey I'll take it! I'd prefer to put up at least 49, but I could settle with a bit less.

Exittium

Reaction score
I'm hoping for cold weather but no snow to very minimal, something that screws with manning, but not our Defense. Kind of like the saints game I guess instead of rain.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Keep in mind RW didn't have a stellar game against the Saints on that cold, rainy day a few weeks ago. He seems to do better in nuetral conditions too.