Big Balls Pete

kearly

Reaction score
I just realized that Seattle went for fourth down 3 times in this game, all of them within Hauschka's field goal range. Two of them failed, and the one that succeeded was the 35 yard TD on 4th and 7.

Pete was pretty damn liberal with his use of 2nd half timeouts too. Some of that was sloppiness. Some of it was cockiness.

Some of those decisions were the wrong ones, but I have to say there is a lot to admire about a coach who isn't afraid to make tough decisions in the biggest moments of the biggest games.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I shouted out Big Balls Pete in front of my friends every time we did. It was so appropriate.

I love Pete Carroll, I hope he is capable of coaching at the highest level for another decade.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
I remember once in a college game years ago the coach (in OT) called for a 2-pointer instead of tying it with a PAT. That's the mentality of Big Balls. "You play to win the game."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2o2dd0fu said:
I shouted out Big Balls Pete in front of my friends every time we did. It was so appropriate.

I love Pete Carroll, I hope he is capable of coaching at the highest level for another decade.

I got multiple texts from non-Seahawk friends saying "Big Balls Pete!" after the 4th and 7 play.

The man has a reputation and is true to himself. I love it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yep. Without BBP we lose this game.

Pete said in his post game presser that they changed their minds about Hauschka kicking it because he hadn't kicked that far in pregame. He also said "we weren't punting."

Love Pete. Love this team. One more chance to go 1-0 in 2 weeks. Go get it, guys!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah. All respect in the world to Pete in this game. After that 4th down TD strike I was in awe and looked over to my friend and said 'hey, huge, huge call. You deserve to win when you do stuff like that." Even really respected the 4th and goal call they didn't convert.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think what's kind of funny about it is the worst decision of the three is the one that actually worked.

kjreid

Reaction score
With the heavy air and the temp, I don't think SH had the leg for over 50. I think PC' s only play was to go for it.

BWRyan

Reaction score
I will admit I wanted the FG at that moment. Crazy what happened next.

Axx

Reaction score
his estrogen was through the roof that game

Brett

Reaction score
Njhawkboss":12sf8bqt said:
Big balls wilson for making that throw

Wilson knew that the defenders had jumped off sides . That was a free shot for our offense I do believe.

Seeker

Reaction score
Harbaugh gets his Khakis at walmart,
Pete's khakis are custom fitted for extra room like a pair of brett farve wranglers.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Axx":1jfv1r33 said:
umm, I think you mean testosterone. If his estrogen was through the roof, he'd be little balls Pete.

Crizilla

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":14o8rpy1 said:
Axx":14o8rpy1 said:
umm, I think you mean testosterone. If his estrogen was through the roof, he'd be little balls Pete.

haha yea. Estrogen = females.

Latest posts