Greeting and good luck from Ravens Nation

Inqui

Reaction score
Hi guys, Ravens fan here. First up, sorry if this is in the wrong place. We have fans show up all the time from other teams and post in the 'Ravens Talk' forum, so I'm assuming similar rules apply. Anyway, feel free to move it and accept the sacrifice of my eldest daughter if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway...

I'll preface this by saying I come in peace. I saw the warning I got as a non-Hawks fan not to flame, and I have no intentions of doing so. :D

Most of us Ravens fans are a bit bummed about how the season's gone (came this close to making the playoffs. Bleh), and today doesn't make too many of us feel better. As a result, most of us were jumping on your bandwagon from day one of the playoffs (mostly for the reasons I'll go into) but you can count on almost the full support from Ravens Nation from here on out. However much that helps you guys win the SB.

Speaking for myself I didn't mind the 9ers fans too much until after the Super Bowl, after which they basically became unbearable (and still seem to think the refs won that game for us. Last I checked the refs didn't throw four passes on the last drive when our run defence had been gutted by Ngata's injury), so there's a definite "enemy of my enemy" going on. Anyone who hates the 9ers is pretty much an automatic friend of mine.

I also feel like our two franchises appreciate the finer things in football, like a defence that doesn't mind playing rough. There's consensus among us that your defence has a distinct taste of 2000 Ravens to it (not quite as good, of course, haha), but with a notably better offence. On a related note, I really like Richard Sherman (he's a big talker and I can see the distaste, but he backs it up) and Russell Wilson's been a pleasure to watch when I've had the chance this season.

There's also a general distaste for the Patriots and Broncos for reasons you guys probably don't care about, and it would be cool to see you win that maiden Lombardi trophy.

So again, I want to extend my congratulations (on behalf of the majority of Ravens fans, I'm sure) and wish you guys nothing but the best of luck for your next two games. Enjoy the moment while you have it, as the NFL's pretty fickle with teams that try to sustain success, and get out there and smash those 9ers for us. :D

Finally, I want to leave you with a parting gift of sorts. Because watching Jim Harbaugh flip out never gets old.
Harbaugh

(PS, as much as I love Anquan Boldin, if he carves you guys a new one we'll never hear the end of people saying Ozzie made a mistake in trading him)

hawk45

Reaction score
Welcome Inqui, you receive a rating of 9/10. If that gif would have been of Harbaugh's double pirouette on the sidelines today, that would have been 10/10 :)

Riley12

Reaction score
Thank you! As I said to visiting Ravens fans back after SBXL, if I had a second team, it would be the Ravens.

Hating the Stealers as much as you do, kicking the snot out of the Niners in the Super Bowl, ...everything you do makes
me love that team and fanbase more and more.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Most of us have some love for the Ravens as well, Inqui. You have beat up the Stealers and you kept the 49ers from winning the Lombardi. Welcome to the forum!

General Manager

Reaction score
We need all the support we can get it's appreciated and thanks for winning last year we'll do our best to return the favor.

willyum

Reaction score
hahah that Harbaugh moment. Did he really think the refs would allow the Super Bowl to be determined on a flag that came in late due to a coach's insistence?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jvr6wwg0 said:
Most of us have some love for the Ravens as well, Inqui. You have beat up the Stealers and you kept the 49ers from winning the Lombardi. Welcome to the forum!
This. If you hate the stealers and niners you are A-ok in my book.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawk45":1zd11xi1 said:
Welcome Inqui, you receive a rating of 9/10. If that gif would have been of Harbaugh's double pirouette on the sidelines today, that would have been 10/10 :)

Hahahahaha this is fantastic.

Also one of the better introduction posts, thanks!

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we have the past in the Broncos to insult our pallate add Manning and it's a dish we all would like to throw into the disposal, the present are the 49ers and as you stated there are several reasons, we have a few more ourselves.

This is stacking up to be a rival and a Super Bow; contest of sorts, for us we as long time fans still remember our AFC days, the Patriots I know have a voice in this as well but I think the fans would love to see Manning Weep and the Horse and Mr. Ed be put out to pasture.

Shock2k

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1vepgvb5 said:
'.... You have beat up the Stealers and you kept the 49ers from winning the Lombardi. Welcome to the forum!

Which basically makes you our Football sister city.

Thanks Raven's Nation, we will take the support!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Cool to hear...I've always said if I was to pick a second team to root for it would be the Ravens. I love the Unis, John Harbaugh is awesome, and Ed Reed & Lewis made me so envious of that D. I'm glad we have one of those tough D's now

cover-2

Reaction score
Inqui":ysbq3lc3 said:
"enemy of my enemy" going on. Anyone who hates the 9ers is pretty much an automatic friend of mine.

I still have a bitter feeling towards the Steelers and I have the "enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine" thing going on. Your Ravens are good to go in my book. Ravens are a class organization, and I am jealous that the Ravens drafted DT Brandon Williams whom a lot of us Seahawks fans wanted. Good luck next year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Throwdown":15zyxuqt said:
Ravens are easily the coolest team in the AFC.
As someone who lives in Maryland and has to deal with Ravens fans on a daily basis, I would like to disagree.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
I was so happy to see the Ravens beat the 49ers.

i was also then peeved the FO gifted Boldin to them afterwards.

Latest posts