Greeting and good luck from Ravens Nation

Seeker

Reaction score
we both hate the stealers and now we both hate the niners.
words make sense.

AshamanMat

Reaction score
I grew up in Maryland (Ft Meade, and then Centreville on the Eastern Shore (for those that dont know, yes it is spelled with re not er)), so as a young buck I was always a Skins fan (Ill always hate the Cowboys), till I was about 9 when I saw the Seahawks play on TV for the first time, I fell in love with the colors and logo and have been a die hard Hawks fan from that day to forever (it also helped that I grew up in the 80's and was a Nintendo child, and with Nintento HQ being in WA). With that said, when I saw the Browns moving to Baltimore the Ravens became my second favorite team, I was so happy to see you guys win it all last season and even rooted for you in 2000. I still have hope for next season for the Ravens, the only time Ill ever want them to go down is if they play my Hawks :)

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I was in your board last year around Super Bowl time. I've always liked you guys. Welcome.

CANHawk

Reaction score
AshamanMat":2ctv537a said:
Centreville on the Eastern Shore (for those that dont know, yes it is spelled with re not er)

So they spell centre properly then? good for them. :)

Baltimore is a great football town from what i understand. the way they hung on after the colts abandoned them, and the way they support their team now is awesome.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I was confused why a Raven fan would post here..

1.AFC teams
2. Not in the playoffs
3. No history with us

Then I suddenly remember they are the Stealers kryptonite and beat the Whiners in the Superbowl.

Welcome sir.

drdiags

Reaction score
A point most out here may not know is that many say the Ravens home stadium is just as disruptive to teams as playing in the CLink or Kansas City. No NFL fanbase can really be buds with another because at some point their interests cross. I know this board has shown love to Browns fans as well, so that may not sit well with our Ravens fan, but in the end I figure if a fan can stop by, tip his hat then it only seems right to show similar respect in kind.

Though unfortunately, if said fan is wearing Cardinals, Rams or 9ers colors, ulterior motives are immediately questioned.

Enemy of my enemy, thanks for the thoughts.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Nice post. Ive always felt a certain kinship between the two teams and was definitely a Raven fan last Superbowl. If I had
to pick a 2nd team, I've always watched Baltimore with interest. Thank you for stopping by for the mojo bong hit.

OP
OP
I

Inqui

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'd actually forgotten how much you guys hate the Steelers too, and that's always an endearing quality in a franchise/fanbase.

drdiags":2if9cfnb said:
A point most out here may not know is that many say the Ravens home stadium is just as disruptive to teams as playing in the CLink or Kansas City. No NFL fanbase can really be buds with another because at some point their interests cross. I know this board has shown love to Browns fans as well, so that may not sit well with our Ravens fan, but in the end I figure if a fan can stop by, tip his hat then it only seems right to show similar respect in kind.

Though unfortunately, if said fan is wearing Cardinals, Rams or 9ers colors, ulterior motives are immediately questioned.

At the end of the day, this was supposed to be a hat tipping thread and not some big intro from me: with all the nerves you guys are going through I figured you'd appreciate a bit of moral support from elsewhere in the league. If I stick around I stick around and if I disappear after the SB I wouldn't expect my absence to be noticed. I do find fresh perspectives fascinating though, and I think good discussion exceeds fandoms.

I think the great thing about the conference system is that interests rarely clash. Stuff like the loudest stadium or greatest defence ever is pretty academic really, and I only have to hope any given NFC team loses once every four years unless they give me a reason to hate them more (Falcons, 9ers). You guys are welcome to think what you want of the Browns (and the Ravens, for that matter!).

Anyway, I don't want to make a huge deal out of this. I feel the two franchises are fairly similar and I appreciate the Hawks for it, and it's good to hear you guys think the same way. To the last two legs of your Super Bowl run. :thirishdrinkers:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Inqui":218ufku2 said:
Thanks guys. I'd actually forgotten how much you guys hate the Steelers too, and that's always an endearing quality in a franchise/fanbase.

drdiags":218ufku2 said:

At the end of the day, this was supposed to be a hat tipping thread and not some big intro from me: with all the nerves you guys are going through I figured you'd appreciate a bit of moral support from elsewhere in the league. If I stick around I stick around and if I disappear after the SB I wouldn't expect my absence to be noticed. I do find fresh perspectives fascinating though, and I think good discussion exceeds fandoms.

I think the great thing about the conference system is that interests rarely clash. Stuff like the loudest stadium or greatest defence ever is pretty academic really, and I only have to hope any given NFC team loses once every four years unless they give me a reason to hate them more (Falcons, 9ers). You guys are welcome to think what you want of the Browns (and the Ravens, for that matter!).

Anyway, I don't want to make a huge deal out of this. I feel the two franchises are fairly similar and I appreciate the Hawks for it, and it's good to hear you guys think the same way. To the last two legs of your Super Bowl run. :thirishdrinkers:

Sounds like someone wants to adopt the Seahawks as their NFC team.

;)

OP
OP
I

Inqui

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3c24k5t0 said:
Sounds like someone wants to adopt the Seahawks as their NFC team.

;)
They're absolutely my NFC team for now, haha. I have a couple of other pet teams in the NFC that I don't mind seeing do well. Hating so many AFC teams gets tiring, after all. ;)

morgulon1

Reaction score
normaly I hate everyone not from Seattle, Baltimore being the exception. I dislike the niners so much that I couldn't stand the thought of them winning
another ring.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Cheers, welcome.

Can anyone ever fathom how Jim and John come from the same parents? John is probably the classiest coach in the league.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Thanks !

The Ravens are my favorite team in the AFC and tied for 2nd favorite team after the Hawks. I'm a defensive guy, and I loved watching the 2000 Ravens (yeah, that's the team to still look up to for defense). Our secondary is better than yours was, but your front 7 was a ton better than ours is (and it's saying something as ours is pretty decent). Unlike many people, I freakin dig Ray Lewis.

Also, you're figuring out the Niners fatigue. The are easily the easiest team to hate due to their HC and the easiest fans to hate, well because of themselves.

Good Luck next year. You have a great HC and GM, you'll be fine.