Worst draft pickr of all time?

Hawkman80

Reaction score
Okay this thread is going to go against the current trend. I want to hear other people's opinion on this. Ahem.....

Who was the worst draft pick signed by this team in its entire history?

My choice would be Brian Bozworth. The guy was all about himself, and what's worse (for him) is that he got schooled by Bo on national TV. I also seem to recall someone sending in a comment to one of the local newspapers, but I cannot recall if it was The Times or The P-I. It was in reference to Bozworth saying that he was having, and I quote, "a zero amount of fun in Seattle." The person sending the comment suggested that he spend some of his time with kids in the hospital or something.

So who is your choice?

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Boz was before my time, but I did see that movie where he wears sunglasses and rides motorcycles, and shoots guns.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Dan Mquire has my vote. Had hopes of being a starting caliber qb but turned into an epic bust, we almost had Brett Favre.

blkhwk

Reaction score
With Bosworth, every team would have taken him if they would have had the supplemental pick that Seattle had. Sort of the same with Curry, all the "experts" had him labeled as a can't miss pick.

I would go with Dan McGwire, Lamar King or James Carpenter. These guys were looked at as reaches when they were taken.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Kelly Jennings, maybe. If pressed, I would probably go with Dan McGwire.

I'm sure there are lots of others.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Presnell Gilbert.
Jarvis Blinks.
Frank Naylor.
Don Dow.
Muhammad Shamsid-Deen.
Jeb Huckeba.

Those are just the guys with awesome names that never played a game, there are so many more.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
This probably won't be popular but I would say Rick Mirer... Couldn't stand him

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
blkhwk":1vusyxeg said:
With Bosworth, every team would have taken him if they would have had the supplemental pick that Seattle had. Sort of the same with Curry, all the "experts" had him labeled as a can't miss pick.

I would go with Dan McGwire, Lamar King or James Carpenter. These guys were looked at as reaches when they were taken.

We could have gotten two First Round draft picks for The Boz! It would have turned this franchise around.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Wasn't Boz not that bad though? I thought he was ok, injuries just cut his career short. I was born in 86 so maybe Im wrong...*shrugs*

I think Curry was such a bust it was disgusting llol

IndyHawk

Reaction score
What about Kelly Stouffer the qb -1987 1st rd #6 pick.. :pukeface:

The Radish

Reaction score
We at least got a couple of seasons of work from Bosworth and when he could play he was damned good.

He was broken before we got him from our friends in Oklahoma(Barry Switzer), and needed steriods just to survive in the game.

:les:

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2fko74qz said:
Presnell Gilbert.
Jarvis Blinks.
Frank Naylor.
Don Dow.
Muhammad Shamsid-Deen.
Jeb Huckeba.

Those are just the guys with awesome names that never played a game, there are so many more.
Well, if that's the criteria, I'm going with Taco Wallace. All that marketing potential squandered! How many free tacos would we have enjoyed if only he'd been a decent player?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
#4 Overall and wasn't bad due to injury like a lot of other guys but was just plain bad AND got paid like 30 million dollars.

Aaron Curry is the only answer to this question.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Bosworth is my vote. He had a shoulder injury in college that plagued him in the NFL. I believe that he knew that injury was worse than he let on. Should never have qualified for the NFL draft because of it. I was pumped when Seattle won that lottery pick, but regretted it later when he couldn't play because of it.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":rz6ayagr said:
SouthSoundHawk":rz6ayagr said:
Presnell Gilbert.
Jarvis Blinks.
Frank Naylor.
Don Dow.
Muhammad Shamsid-Deen.
Jeb Huckeba.

Well, if that's the criteria, I'm going with Taco Wallace. All that marketing potential squandered! How many free tacos would we have enjoyed if only he'd been a decent player?

He was WAY ahead of his time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Dan McGwire gets my vote because Chuck Knox wanted to draft Brett Favre and was overruled by ownership (Ken Behring IIRC) in favor of McGwire.
Honorable mention to Aaron Curry.