Worst draft pickr of all time?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Same here to everyone saying the Curry pick should've been Crabtree....I was waiting to hear "Michael Crabtree" and was very disappointe when I didn't. And then for his name to be called by a division rival...ugh! :pukeface:

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Let's not for get the the curry pick left a guy like CLay Matthews on the board. God how good would we be.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
We're in the middle of the probably the greatest run in Seahawks history, and host the NFC Championship Game next weekend. But hey, I hand an idea, lets bring up a subject about the worst something in Seahawks history. Yeah, that sounds like an awesome idea.

Garbage.

Sac

Reaction score
Kelly Jennings. First round pick, starter, consistently picked on and abused for way way too long. Defensive liability with 0 play making skills.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure how realistic it was but to think the franchise could have had Elway instead of Curt Warner has to make my boy Warner one of the worse draft picks only because of who we could have had. That Mirer for Favre pick comes in second because Knox had the choice to push a trade to get Elway but he wanted his running game.

Love Knox but wish he would have been a little more forward looking on the Elway thing. Favre or Elway and get neither when you had a realistic chance at either.

EDIT: Sidenote. Really starting to look like the pundits were right about the Carpenter pick. Seems like Andre Hines part 2.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
What a nightmare of a topic to me. Very Bad memories.
Good draft picks can sustain a franchise, bad picks can crush a franchise pretty quickly. Obviously, free agents can make a difference.

My pick is Dan McGwire. He had good numbers against nobody in college, but he was slow as a Sloth. I knew Bubba Behring hand picked him. I can remember other high QB draft picks like Kelly Stouffer, Rick Meier all contributing to our offensive woes. We did have some great defensive and special teams players.
Lamar King, Chris Macintosh, etc
We lost the Brian Bosworth lottery, every team would have signed him, but the Seahawks had to pay him.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ixg6ldpp said:
What about Kelly Stouffer the qb -1987 1st rd #6 pick.. :pukeface:

I don't think Stouffer would qualify because he was traded from the Cardinals to the Seahawks after sitting out a year. Could qualify as one of the worst trades of all-time though.....

Really bad draft picks to choose from - McGwire certainly would need to be at, or near the top on any list, along with King, McIntosh, Tubbs (who was a beast when healthy, but was really only healthy part of one season), Spencer, and potentially James Carpenter.... Mirer could be a consideration, but the fact that they traded him for a 1st round pick eliminates him from consideration (in my thinking)

But I think that Steve Niehaus needs to be considered. The inaugural draft for the Seahawks franchise gave the newly formed franchise the 2nd pick in the first round - Tampa Bay selected Lee Roy Selmon with the first pick, eventual Hall of Fame lineman. Steve Niehaus rarely played, was traded after his second injury plagued season for a very aged Carl Eller, and was out of football the following year. Granted that the 1976 draft was not stellar, but they still could have drafted a player that contributed, including future Hall of Famer Michael Haynes

Hawks46

Reaction score
checkdanews":2zgoq3a3 said:
Wasn't Boz not that bad though? I thought he was ok, injuries just cut his career short. I was born in 86 so maybe Im wrong...*shrugs*

I think Curry was such a bust it was disgusting llol

You're correct. Boz played well, but the roids made his joints week. When Bo ran him over, he was basically playing with 1 arm.

I'd go with either McGwire or Mirer. We got picks for Mirer so it would probably be McGwire

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Can't agree with the Boz, he was a supplemental pick and had he been able to stay healthy he could have had a decent career. Plus you can't deny that while short lived, the "boz" part of seahawks history was fun while it lasted.

Curry... obviously not a great pick but it's hard to fault the team for picking a guy that looked like a can't miss LB.

In the 'modern' seahawks era I'd have to go with Jennings. I hated that pick when it happened, I hated watching him line up as a starter, and I still hate him. Playing versions of madden with jennings on the team first thing I'd do was cut his ass. What a waste. Coulda had devin hester for his best years if we were going to take a flyer on an undersized CB.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
drdiags":1fhcgso4 said:
Not sure how realistic it was but to think the franchise could have had Elway instead of Curt Warner has to make my boy Warner one of the worse draft picks only because of who we could have had. That Mirer for Favre pick comes in second because Knox had the choice to push a trade to get Elway but he wanted his running game.
But do you think Sniveling John would have actually deigned to come here?

Rooster854

Reaction score
Also damn near ANYONE during the Bering years...when all he wanted to do was move the team to become the oakland blackhawks(also the name of his planned community in Cali.)
Couldnt have REACHED for a worse group of QB's

drdiags

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":19ffq2b7 said:
drdiags":19ffq2b7 said:

In the recent NFL Films look at that draft John stated he wanted to play for Knox. He wouldn't have pulled the Colts move. Because he said he knew Knox from his dad, Jack (who was the one that was advising John on the sorry state of the Colts and not wanting him to go there).

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
drdiags":eg2vces7 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":eg2vces7 said:
drdiags":eg2vces7 said:

In the recent NFL Films look at that draft John stated he wanted to play for Knox. He wouldn't have pulled the Colts move. Because he said he knew Knox from his dad, Jack (who was the one that was advising John on the sorry state of the Colts and not wanting him to go there).
Wow, that's really interesting. Knox was kind of in a pickle there then. He already had Krieg, who was a pretty good QB, and Warner was a flat-out stud. So the choice is Krieg + Warner vs. Elway + ??? Tough! And what a weird alternate universe -- the one where Elway's not a sniveling douche and I actually like him -- to contemplate...

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
KPA":g5zi0sca said:
Rick Mirer is only second to Aaron Curry

I agree that Mirer was a bad draft pick, but the front office redeemed themselves by trading him for a first round pick, who ended up as Shawn Springs. And we got two draft picks for Curry - McGwire and Niehaus were total busts with essentially nothing to show for them