Holy Crap... This town has gone butt crazy!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The 2005 season excitement seems like nothing compared to what I'm seeing 'round these parts on this playoff run! I can't drive 2 blocks anywhere without seeing a 12 flag or somebody wearing at least one item of Seahawks gear! Is it because of the characters on this team when compared to the 2005 team, or is this team just way more baddass? I think that's mostly it, but we did have some cool guys on that team! In 2005, we had Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander, Big Walt and Hutch, Tatupu, Stevens, "big play" Babs, Engram, "The Hammer" Hamlin, D-Jack, Trufant, Jurevicius, and of course, everybody's fave, Etric Pruitt! Just kidding on the last one :229031_banghead:

This season, I think it's our rare assembly of talent/personalities (think '95 M's), plus the "big, bad, beat yer ass" attitude that separates this team from all the others. The Seahawks have never really been that team that just beats you into submission. I think that's what it is for me. This year we don't just win. We force you to lose. I like that. A lot. Fun stuff right there! :twisted: :D

GO HAWKS!!!

Seahawks8880

Reaction score
I like to chime in on my first post and say.............because they have SWAG!!!!!!!!!!!! No other teams I have seen produce such confidence but yet have the mindset to know that they could get better causing not only around here but the world to jump on the wagon. Go hawks!!!!!!

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Great news. This team is full of Badass bro and we got so many playmakers. We are stacked from ear to ear, best of everything going right now. I like your positivity.

I was floored when I went back to Seattle to watch the last game against Saints on MNF. Unreal to see the fan base out there. When I lived there it was nothing like that! The entire city was alive. Just amazing. I can tell you going on the road several times this year hawks fans are everywhere.

We have so many playmakers on this team. So much to be thankful for It gives you goosebumps. So Proud. We are built to win.

MrCarey

Reaction score
I got so many screams today. I go to Tacoma Community, and wore my Wilson jersey. Evvvvveryone hollered.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seahawks8880":oc8jssad said:
I like to chime in on my first post and say.............because they have SWAG!!!!!!!!!!!! No other teams I have seen produce such confidence but yet have the mindset to know that they could get better causing not only around here but the world to jump on the wagon. Go hawks!!!!!!

BTW, Welcome to the board 8880! :thirishdrinkers:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't remember ever seeing so many people wearing Seahawks gear downtown, the amount of coverage on the news, on Twitter, on the radio... just crazy right now. Pretty awesome.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
My roommate is not a seahawks fan, doesn't care about the game and has to work tomorrow at 10am-5pm. I tell him to put the radio on and he says eh maybe, i suppose its national news. Can anyone come and kidnap my roommate and condition him into a football fan?

Seahawks8880

Reaction score
BlueThunder":17a5x1lp said:
Seahawks8880":17a5x1lp said:

BTW, Welcome to the board 8880! :thirishdrinkers:

Thank you! This town has gone crazy when the hawks forced me to start posting now instead of just lurking all this years. Lol. Crazy!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Blue Friday has a lot to do with that...I can't recall if they had it back in 05 and yes I was never this excited back then. A big part of it for me is .Net.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2wzoeqr7 said:
Blue Friday has a lot to do with that...I can't recall if they had it back in 05 and yes I was never this excited back then. A big part of it for me is .Net.

I'm not talking about just today, I'm kinda talking about the last several weeks. This town is Seahawks crazy! I don't know how old you are, but it reminds me of the '95 M's where this whole town was united in this singular insanity! I LOVE it!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2oqbbul7 said:
-The Glove-":2oqbbul7 said:

I'm not talking about just today, I'm kinda talking about the last several weeks. This town is Seahawks crazy! I don't know how old you are, but it reminds me of the '95 M's where this whole town was united in this singular insanity! I LOVE it!

I meant to post that after Steel's post about seeing everybody downtown wearing stuff today.

Just got here to Hard Luck for the Krieg signing and its crazy.

Saw a booth selling seahawks gear and flags on Pacific Ave...never seen that ever

hawk45

Reaction score
Yep, insanity. Was in Safeway with the Sherman jersey and an EMT gal walked up to me and said "Sherman better play well tomorrow." I said "I have a feeling they're not going to even throw in his direction." She replied "yeah, well, not if they're smart."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tried shopping for hawks hear locally for Christmas and 2 weeks before most place were out of stuff or had a horrible selection. Talk to a few clerks at stores and they said as soon as they put stuff out it was snapped up.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I was over at WSU during 2005 so I don't know what it was like over here. I think that year also had a "really? Do we actually have a chance to win it all?" feel to it. This year, from the start of the season, its like, "We CAN win the Super Bowl this year. We are real freakin good". I thought last year during the playoffs was awesome too, with all the fans lining the teams bus route to the airport, those photos were so cool.

Email went out last night at work, "Wear Seahawks gear". Literally everyone had Hawks gear on(Except for the Niner fan in a Willis jersey).A couple guys from our overseas offices were in town, in took till lunchtime, and they were in, went and bought jerseys.

Seahawks8880

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3e7tsdsu said:
Tried shopping for hawks hear locally for Christmas and 2 weeks before most place were out of stuff or had a horrible selection. Talk to a few clerks at stores and they said as soon as they put stuff out it was snapped up.

Tell me about it. It was wrong on my part to wait too late to buy Seahawks gears during Christmas time as most were sold out everywhere. I heard that Seahawks merchandise sales were among the top in the country. Crazy!

Smoke

Reaction score
I live in Olympia and I started counting after Almost everyone was yelling go hawks at me (Im 12'd up) I got to 25, just at the store, that I also got a 10% discount at cause I was wearing seahawks gear. That is AMAZING.

razgriz737

Reaction score
UW campus was full of people wearing Hawks gear today. I could see them raising the 12th man flag on the Space Needle out my dorm room window.