Holy Crap... This town has gone butt crazy!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The only thing Seattle loves more than a winner is a winner with personality. The 2005 team had similar success, but they were a blue collar group headed by no-nonsense Holmgren. The city loves scrappy teams with a bit of swagger in their step and coaches who burst with personality.

Examples: the 90s Sonics with George Karl, Kemp and Payton. The '95 M's with Piniella, Junior and Buhner.

People went way crazier for those teams than the 2001 Ichiro/Boone Ms and the 2005 McMillan/Allen Sonics. Those latter teams, while successful, just lacked that "it factor." This particular Seahawks team has "it" in spades.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
WILSON
LYNCH
TATE
SHERMAN
HARVIN
MAXWELL
THOMAS
MILLER
BENNETT
MEBANE

WHY NOT GET EXCITED... We're talking ANIMAL HOUSE!!!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2y3plks6 said:
The only thing Seattle loves more than a winner is a winner with personality. The 2005 team had similar success, but they were a blue collar group headed by no-nonsense Holmgren. The city loves scrappy teams with a bit of swagger in their step and coaches who burst with personality.

Examples: the 90s Sonics with George Karl, Kemp and Payton. The '95 M's with Piniella, Junior and Buhner.

People went way crazier for those teams than the 2001 Ichiro/Boone Ms and the 2005 McMillan/Allen Sonics. Those latter teams, while successful, just lacked that "it factor." This particular Seahawks team has "it" in spades.

David, you always have a way of eloquently sayin' what I'm too lazy to write these days. Thanks... :D

Exactly what I was talkin' about. :229031_cheers:

razgriz737

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2ycj1nmp said:

Think you hit the nail on the head there.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Well geez how about some pics of out and about Seattle so us folks that live a bazillion miles away ;)

kjreid

Reaction score
I don't know, I clearly remember the 2005 NFC championship week, that was an absolutely crazy playoff run. The game against Carolina was loud and awesome. I no longer live in Seattle but I can only imagine what it is like this time.

OrFan

Reaction score
This team is great and extremely fun to watch. The 2005 was good and very boring. Now we can't wait to see just how good they will play. 2005 everyone always wondered if Holmgren and his conservative way was going to blow it.

Totally different team.

kjreid

Reaction score
OrFan":44bdl4rk said:
This team is great and extremely fun to watch. The 2005 was good and very boring. Now we can't wait to see just how good they will play. 2005 everyone always wondered if Holmgren and his conservative way was going to blow it.

Totally different team.

I disagree 100%

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd say about 75% of the people I came in contact with today were sporting seahawks gear. got to the point where I had to stop saying "gohawks!' in passing in order to rest up my vocal chords for tomorrow.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I especially liked this one comment from the "other" side...

•Katherine Terrell, Saints beat writer

Saints 28, Seahawks 27: Call me crazy on this one. The logical choice is the Seahawks after their 34-7 dismantling of the Saints earlier this season. And as Jahri Evans put it "this is not the Eagles we're playing this week."

No shit Sherlock... And you have the Saints winning by a point? Okie dokie....

Ok, I call you "crazy"! :D

rjdriver

Reaction score
rastahawk":30q5rqpt said:
Well geez how about some pics of out and about Seattle so us folks that live a bazillion miles away ;)

u2ydugy9.jpg

a3e7e8e2.jpg

eze9ybeh.jpg

Renton rally today!

Crabhawk

Reaction score
I was out tonight doing, you know, whatever. Anyway, I'm at this martini bar in Bellingham and literally 80% of the patrons have Hawks gear on. Not exaggerating. Anyway, this very middle aged woman randomly stands up and screams, "Go Seahawks!!!" in the middle of...nothing. I think she was maybe on a date or something. Weird, it was so random. This is not the type of place where patrons stand up and scream anything. Everyone cheered. She got "Seahawks" cheered 15 minutes later when she went to the bathroom. Crazy times, man.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The only successful run I can compare this to is the '96 Sonics. I remember EVERYONE in Sonics gear. But this just seems so much more than that too, but that's the only comparison I can really make.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I was running in Florence, Italy and I saw guy with a Seahawks shirt on and I screamed at him "Go Hawks!" I think scared him as he didn't seem to know what to do.

Latest posts