If you could trade '05 and '13's RBs. Would you?

Alexander or Lynch

• Alexander

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Lynch

Votes: 153 93.9%

• Total voters

tom sawyer

Reaction score
The comparing of the 2005 and 2013 teams given they 13-3 records made me think...

If you could have Shaun Alexander at his peak in 2005 in trade for Marshawn Lynch going into the playoffs. Would you take the trade?

I would not. Even though I think for the time SA was the RB superiority.

I still want Lynch because he has abilities they haven't utilized.

Sac

Reaction score
No. The only thing I'd trade with that 05 team is the offensive line.

Lynch running behind Jones, Hutch and them boys? Wow.

The Radish

Reaction score
With this line I'd stay with Lynch.

With 2005s line I'd almost take Shaun, but would like to see our Beastmode running behind that line of Walt, Hutch, & the center whose name I can't say this morning. Real funny guy but a great blocker.

They could blow out any defense whether then or now.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The Radish":10ynlvtg said:
With this line I'd stay with Lynch.

With 2005s line I'd almost take Shaun, but would like to see our Beastmode running behind that line of Walt, Hutch, & the center whose name I can't say this morning. Real funny guy but a great blocker.

They could blow out any defense whether then or now.

Tobeck.

Imagine Lynch with a head of steam running behind Walt, Hutch, and Mack. Tell me that wouldn't be essentially a guaranteed 8 yards each carry.

ceej22

Reaction score
I will not dignify this poll with a response.

sutz

Reaction score
Loved Shaun when he was here and in his prime. Love 'Shawn for this team now.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah the 2005 OL would be the one unit I would switch in a heartbeat.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think Lynch is the most talented back to put on a Seahawks uniform. I also think he's the type of back people in Seattle wanted Shaun to be. The way Shaun was dogged here was probably unfair, but that's the truth. This Seahawks team wants to play smash mouth football. That wasn't Shaun's game. That being said, the dude was an explosive player and could hit a hole about as well anyone to play the game.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'd take MoMo over Turbo.

And Leonard Weaver, if Ruskell didn't I.R. him for a mere ankle injury, over Derrick Coleman.

I'm not sure if I'd take Strong over M-Rob though, that's ones hard. Strong was a great blocking FB but M-Rob is so versatile and plays great ST.

Alexander was an amazing producer but no one truly feared him like they do Lynch, teams feared our O-Line with Jones and Hutchinson more than Alexander.

Hawkman80

Reaction score
Lynch is more physical than Shaun was, IMO. That's why he's called "Beast Mode." He makes his opponents to just TRY and stop him. Without Hutch or Jones on that 2005 team, Shaun most likely doesn't go anywhere and he'd be roadkill on today's team. Lynch would at least gain a few hard-earned yards, and as others have mentioned elsewhere on this forum, he'd might just be unreal with that 2005 team. Hypothetically speaking, if we didn't have Lynch & had him, we'd be having to rely on Turbin or one of the other current running backs now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I voted Lynch because I love mental toughness and hard running and desire and he has all three in abundance. As mentioned before, him behind the '05 o-line would've been something to see.

However, though I think Alexander was soft and always will, please don't forget how truly special his vision was. He saw holes and creases as well as any back I've ever seen in the nearly 50 years I've watched football. If his top end speed had been better and he'd been mentally as tough as a guy like Beast he would've been top-5 all time IMO.

Smoke

Reaction score
Marshawns power to weight ratio is 7.5 times more powerful than a diesil truck. Nuff said.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Imagine Marshawn behind the '05 line - W.O.W.

Seeing him now with the current line, hitting full speed into the D-line and linebackers, imagine his first contact instead being full speed into a linebacker or more likely DB's. It'd be like watching the Saints playoff game on a weekly basis. He would destroy people.

Alexander was talented, but soft as butter, and more of a product of an All pro left side of the line (and strong line overall). Put him behind the current line and he would be taking a knee in the backfield.

themunn

Reaction score
Lynch seeks contact
Alexander avoided it.

But for every linebacker Lynch carries, you have to remember that Alexander made them miss.