Russell Wilson's play tonight, we could win another SB?!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Best way to counter a very good offense, pound the crap out of the rock and keep them on the sidelines.
Just sayin...….

John63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3fw02qzp said:
If our offensive game planning would quit handcuffing him for the first half it would be nice.
And yes Russ missed some easy throws early. That’s on him. They need to play call like they do in the 4th quarter.

This lets “feel them out for a half or 3 quarters” $h!t isn’t going to win you games against better team in the playoffs.

exactrly

John63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ca8x43y said:
You're going to get the usual half to 3 quarters of stagnate play and thats why they will not win the Super Bowl. Happens every single year and I see no reason to believe it wont again.

not stagnate play, stagnate play calling

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":3be7qdxe said:
jamescasey1124":3be7qdxe said:
In Rodgers defense...it helps when you can have major input into the offensive scheming and actual plays on the field. He is allowed to play to his potential...russ was his first five games this year and then got handcuffed.
Russell is great and I love him, but let's not pretend like anyone on this site actually knows whether or not he's being handcuffed or if he's handcuffing himself or a combination of both. Stating it as fact as people do on here just leads to the pissing matches about the offense.

actually some of us do know, and anyone who listens to PC knows. His whole mantra dictates it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
John63":156gzonv said:
pittpnthrs":156gzonv said:
You're going to get the usual half to 3 quarters of stagnate play and thats why they will not win the Super Bowl. Happens every single year and I see no reason to believe it wont again.

not stagnate play, stagnate play calling

Well the stagnate play comes from the stagnate play calling, but yeah.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3v1h7hii said:
I want so badly to agree with all of your points. Unfortunately I just can't. I am one of the biggest Russ fans I know. True story. However, what I saw today was the same troubling Russ I saw the middle of the season. I am so happy for that 4th quarter comeback of course. But let's be honest. Russell Wilson is anything but consistent. This is why the MVP was taken from him by November. Ask yourself, why doesn't Rodgers have a problem with being inconsistent?

I love Russ like no other but I refuse to be a Fan Boy for the sake of being a Fan Boy. (Not saying you are in the least, just a general open statement). I've seen all the glory this year like we all have, and I have seen the warts. I thought today's game was a classic example of why Russell isn't MVP. He doesn't bring that level of play throughout the game. Only in spurts. Thankfully it occurred in the 4th quarter. I am blissful for the victory but still annoyed that he can't seem to play up to his potential for 4 straight quarters.

Yes, I get there's more to it than just him. The OL needs to do their job and protect. The opposing defenses are professionals, often taking his reads away with great coverage resulting in poor passes or sacks.

But watch Aaron Rodgers. Why isn't he having the same struggles? Why is he consistently MVP nearly every game?

It's an honest question I would like the answer to. Because I am tired of Russ being MVP when the weather is fair. I want MVP Russ when the leaves have fallen and the temps are chilly. Give me THAT Russ.
Great post Todd..
I feel the same pretty much ..As for AR not having those issue(s) lets look at AR he is about 6:3
can see the whole field..People don't want to hear it but damn it is easier for AR because of that
one simple fact.
RW -Since he cannot see it all that limits him to a point and he has to work harder for what he gets.
I'm happy is our QB and he is a top 3 or 5 depending on what we see that day because you don't
know as Aros stated.I got frustrated a lot sooner than he did and I don't believe Pete ball is the
issue,if anything Pete ball helps him more than anything.

Latest posts