We lost, so what

Aristotle22

Reaction score
We have a good team. The Cards have been playing terrific lately. They will right the ship. It definitely sucks but think of the drama going into the last game. It will be exciting. Everyone put away your Hari Kari blades

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I agree. We have played like this a couple of times this year and have played better. Just take care of business against STL next week.

cover-2

Reaction score
Hard fought game, but the one thing everyone is overlooking is that in-division games are much more harder fought games. I knew this was not going to be a cakewalk because of Arizona's defense.

The positive coming out of this game is that we found our best offensive guard in Michael Bowie. Bowie had a great game at RG. His size, long arms, and good mobility when asked to get to the second level made him look like a stud today.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think after 2 (close) losses, with one coming at home, Super Bowl dreams are being dashed.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":k97z5vxx said:
I think after 2 (close) losses, with one coming at home, Super Bowl dreams are being dashed.

Not mine.

I just hope we can find a little motivation from this loss. It may just be the punch in the mouth that puts us over the edge to win the whole thing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":1phlnsdc said:
Sarlacc83":1phlnsdc said:

Not mine.

I just hope we can find a little motivation from this loss. It may just be the punch in the mouth that puts us over the edge to win the whole thing.

Me neither. But people don't like feeling vulnerable. Not when the season started and dreams of 16-0 existed.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Here's what:

This is twice now that Seattle has had a chance to lock down the division title, and twice they've responded with some of their worst football of the year. And while everyone is quick to point out that the 49ers and Cardinals have great defenses, they simultaneously neglect the fact that top teams are the only teams you see in the playoffs. So we can talk about this stat or that factor, but the bottom line fact is that not only have we not won a game that matters, but when it matters, we actually play worse. And you don't have to be a pessimist or a bandwagon or whatever other swear word we toss around here to understand that that's a recipe for a quick exit from the playoffs, or a monumental letdown a la the 2007 Patriots or 2001 Mariners.

In other words, it's not just a loss, it's an emerging theme, and the emerging storyline of this team this year. We're not mad because we lost, we're mad because the heat is getting turned up and we're realizing our team can't handle it.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Our goals are still intact....one win and it all goes through Seattle as we have hoped all year! Sometimes losses can be a good thing...and hopefully we learn from it! The play calling is crap and that needs to be fixed most....i think Bevell better do some studying on the types of plays to call when it comes to slowing down a pass rush as he clearly has no clue....OH, and that toss-sweep to Lynch for a 3 yard loss was brilliant! :pukeface:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":tzilm538 said:
Here's what:

This is twice now that Seattle has had a chance to lock down the division title, and twice they've responded with some of their worst football of the year. And while everyone is quick to point out that the 49ers and Cardinals have great defenses, they simultaneously neglect the fact that top teams are the only teams you see in the playoffs. So we can talk about this stat or that factor, but the bottom line fact is that not only have we not won a game that matters, but when it matters, we actually play worse. And you don't have to be a pessimist or a bandwagon or whatever other swear word we toss around here to understand that that's a recipe for a quick exit from the playoffs, or a monumental letdown a la the 2007 Patriots or 2001 Mariners.

In other words, it's not just a loss, it's an emerging theme, and the emerging storyline of this team this year. We're not mad because we lost, we're mad because the heat is getting turned up and we're realizing our team can't handle it.

So, you're saying the NFCN winner and the NFCE winner are going to have great defenses?

hawk79

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2d3eq04r said:
Here's what:

I agree. We have average WRs how have struggled getting open against really good defenses. Our defense have let 2 huge games slip away in the final minutes with the inability to stop a drive. It only gets tougher from here and Carolina and the 49ers have MUCH better defenses and offenses than the Cards.

kearly

Reaction score
hawk79":1wiih8v0 said:
It only gets tougher from here and Carolina and the 49ers have MUCH better defenses and offenses than the Cards.

Cards defense is extremely good, and has been very good for a few years now. AZ's defense is neck and neck with SF and Carolina this season.