When Thurmonds suspension is up...

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Does Maxwell keep the starting job? I know Thurmond is the slot guy but in our base D who will be the 2nd CB?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I think you'll see Thurmond start opposite Sherman, then move into the slot while Maxwell comes in on the outside in nickel packages.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd be hard pressed to knock Maxwell out of the starting spot. For the rest of this year and next. Dude's been fantastic

mrblitz

Reaction score
i too was wondering if maxwell has already played his way into the starting corner spot. 3 ints in 2 games...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You know Pete's all about competition so if Maxwell continues this course over the next two weeks I think he starts over Thurmond. What an embarrassment of riches we have.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
They'll compete, and the better man deserves it. That being said, I think Thurmond will get it. Perception changes quickly, Maxwell is no slouch at all, and far from it, but he was getting targeted pretty bad last week and the week before that. Either way, this defense gets a huge boost with Thrumond returning and then hopefully Browner, Harvin and Wright returning.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I expect to see Maxwell playing the outside most of the time, while Thurmond slides into the nickle back spot.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Maxwell is getting better. He is getting his head turned and playing the ball well. Even Lane is making plays out there. I like Thurmond in coverage, but Max is turning into a stud that has earned his shot.

I bet that if he isn't starting that he gets a lot more playing time. The Nickel and Dime looks are going to be so good. Max is going to ball out at home.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":1pt46ocv said:
They'll compete, and the better man deserves it. That being said, I think Thurmond will get it. Perception changes quickly, Maxwell is no slouch at all, and far from it, but he was getting targeted pretty bad last week and the week before that. Either way, this defense gets a huge boost with Thrumond returning and then hopefully Browner, Harvin and Wright returning.
Yes please.:)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1l79jcab said:
I think you'll see Thurmond start opposite Sherman, then move into the slot while Maxwell comes in on the outside in nickel packages.

Exactly. Max is strong on the outside and Thurmond does a fantastic job in the middle. Max is as physical as Browner and can play the run so there are a lot of options there.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Maxwell will keep his spot. Thurmond will go back to slot where Lane is currently. But they'll probably alternate there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
What happens if Browner heals up and the appeal is overturned?

warden

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3xwhwo0y said:
What happens if Browner heals up and the appeal is overturned?

We will have one fantastic dime defense

CD_Hawks

Reaction score
I think Lane with his speed and shiftiness is a great fit in the nickle. Now that he is getting lots of playing time he is getting better. I thought he played great today. I would have to watch the game again but our secondary might just have played their best game as a unit with the two youngsters in the line up this season.

raisethe3

Reaction score
If Thurmond comes back, I honestly rather keep Maxwell as the starting right corner. Why disrupt when he's already playing so well, making plays after plays? They way Thurmond and Maxwell played thus far, I see Maxwell getting the nod. He's simply superior at the moment. You guys can argue saying Thurmond had better potential blah, blah, blah. But its not proven till you see it. I'd put in Thurmond in the nickel and have him rotate with Lane.

CD_Hawks

Reaction score
raisethe3":1cm19l8b said:
If Thurmond comes back, I honestly rather keep Maxwell as the starting right corner. Why disrupt when he's already playing so well, making plays after plays? They way Thurmond and Maxwell played thus far, I see Maxwell getting the nod. He's simply superior at the moment. You guys can argue saying Thurmond had better potential blah, blah, blah. But its not proven till you see it. I'd put in Thurmond in the nickel and have him rotate with Lane.
This ^

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It would stay how it was/is. Maxwell on the outside and Thurmond on the inside. Thurmond is not as good as Maxwell on the outside. Maxwell is not as good as Thurmond on the inside.

Simple as that.

kearly

Reaction score
Maxwell is going to get us killed with penalties against some officiating crews. I think he should start, but Pete should be quick to pull him if it's evident early that we are dealing with a tight-assed crew that week. Thankfully officials tend to call things much looser in the playoffs, and especially the Super Bowl.

Latest posts