Are we officially at Super Bowl or bust status now?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Given the 11-1 start. The sheer dominance of NFC contenders at home, and likelihood that the road to the Super Bowl comes through Seattle.. is this season a disappointment if they DO NOT make the Super Bowl?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Even Drew Brees says the Super Bowl goes through Seattle... Is there any other way to see it?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think we are. If you've got HFA and fans cranking out 120dB on average, you're going to be heavily favored to win your playoff games.

BamKam

Reaction score
Now? I was Super Bowl or bust at the beginning of the season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yes, it is SuperBowl or bust. This season will be nothing but a disappointment and missed opportunity if they don't make it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
What does "Super Bowl or bust" really mean? Serious question. Any time your pro-team's season ends without a championship is disappointing. Were we not disappointed last year? In 03, 04, 05, 06, 07..? I guess we might be more disappointed this time since our chances look better, but does that mean the entire season was worthless?

I don't know about anyone else, but the memories I already have from this season will not be erased based on what happens in the post-season. I won't forget Sherman's pick 6 in HOU. Won't forget 29-3. Won't forget 34-7. Won't forget the D's game-winning stop at the 1 in STL. Won't forget Percy's electrifying debut. Won't forget Baldwin's circus catches. Won't forget Tate's helmet catch. Won't forget what it was like to have the privilege of watching Russell and Marshawn every week. Won't forget this journey regardless of the end result.

Ninerg

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2fcjeglm said:
Have to say yes.

You have to win it. If you guys don't win it you will be the same ole Seahawks, a city without a ring.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yes.

I wasn't ready to make that leap yet but after two convincing wins against sub-par teams on the road and at home, beating a good team like the saints soundly to place ourselves in a great position for the 1 seed with the best record in football, anything less than a trip to the SB would be a let-down.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":27r20tg1 said:
Even the "talking heads" on ESPN report that we are the "odds on favorite" to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

That's the thing for me BP, making it to the SB will not meet my expectations. Been there, done that.

This season, no matter what the outcome will always be special. And this team is built for the long haul, so hopefully we have many more. It's time to take it to the next level and make it an IMMORTAL season. Not just a special one.

All my other favorite teams, Reds (90), Lakers (10X), Vols (98) and Tar Heels (3X) have reached the pinnacle. It's time for our Seahawks.
And I really want it for the fan base as much as myself. I'm quite certain we've earned it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Been that way from the beginning of the season. Their record and dominance merely puts an exclamation point on it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2pz2v5jv said:
Been that way from the beginning of the season. Their record and dominance merely puts an exclamation point on it.

We made the playoffs last year, this is the year we need to step it up. This game last night was merely the game where pretty much the rest of the NFL world realizes it as well

Hawknballs

Reaction score
even though we had success last year and high expectations this year, it's just too unpredictable to go into any season with a superbowl or bust mentality.

Just ask the Texans or the Falcons.

Some "experts" had them pegged for trips to the SB. Instead they are battling for the first overall pick in the draft.

My expectations were high but tempered. I can see how hard this team tries to compete, individually and as a group, and as a fan I never want to set up unfair expectations only to be disappointed. It makes it too damn hard to enjoy the games that way.

beasthawk

Reaction score
I've felt that way all season...either SB os this year was a complete and utter waste of time, no more "rebuilding'' "draft' collecting or over achieving this team is who they are and where they are due to that... I think mediocrity is no longer accepted....