Are we officially at Super Bowl or bust status now?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Ninerg":3h3xc7ds said:
hawksfansinceday1":3h3xc7ds said:
Have to say yes.

You have to win it. If you guys don't win it you will be the same ole Seahawks, a city without a ring.
Please mods, do we have to have these POS Whiner trolls on our boards all the time? Eat my ass sonny boy. I WILL frequent your boards 10 years from now after RW has won 5 and surpassed Montana for the most ever and the Hawks have flat out OWNED your team for a decade. Bet I won't see you here or there. You'll likely be rooting for the Raiders by then.

Axx

Reaction score
no, we still have the next few years to win a superbowl.

Now the Den Broncos, they are Super bowl or bust.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We have five more games to enjoy for sure. One game at a time is a great way to play it as a fan. I love this team and want to relish every minute.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Yes because just look at Atlanta and Houston. Or even Green Bay all teams with critical injuries that basically ruined their seasons and all teams that logically had Superbowl aspirations themselves.

Seeker

Reaction score
The Seahawks are going to bring back that old school superbowl BLOWOUT type game where the cameras are panning to the celebrities in the crowd because the hawks are up 68 at halftime. this isn't even fair no more.

sutz

Reaction score
Every team that makes the playoffs is "super bowl or bust." Every playoff game is win or go home.

We still have a couple of games to play that don't fit that category just yet, but still... :229031_shrug:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
BamKam":l0canz0i said:
Now? I was Super Bowl or bust at the beginning of the season.

This. Starting in the offseason I felt that if this team doesn't go to the Superb Owl, we will have underachieved.

Cartire

Reaction score
I see the or bust tag put on teams that know will have to start rebuilding soon. Atlanta was a bust last year. If they weren't gonna make it then, their window would close, and it did.

Only a few years left with Brady and Peyton. Their on a bust tag.

The hawks will still have this team next year. We rant a bust if we don't get it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
We've been SB or bust since the SF game last year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Let's see. We were ranked #1 in the preseason, are ranked #1 now, have the best record in the NFL, have the highest DVOA, are very close to securing HFA through NFC championship game, have the best odds to win the Super Bowl according to Vegas, and have the best odds to win the Super Bowl according to Football Outsiders. Anything can happen in the playoffs and the best team rarely ends up winning everything, but I don't see how you can call this season a success without bringing home the championship.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This team's been on SuperBowl or bust status for over a year now.

Baldwin was on Groz this afternoon and they asked him how long they'll get to enjoy last night's victory, and he said he had two hours last night to enjoy it. He woke up early and was already studying film of SF this morning.

Hugh Millen also said this morning on Mitch that his friend got to tour the VMAC last Friday after Thanksgiving. When he asked his friend how it was, his friend said it was empty...........except for one person. Russell Carrington Wilson.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
I agree with DavidSeven that I will take with me a ton of great memories like Coleman's awesome first TD ping pong style last night. But that said, yes it's SB or bust. We clearly, when we are playing well and even when we aren't, are capable of beating anyone anywhere. We have had a season of firsts in so many ways. This team can do it, so just do it then. If they don't get there and win it all I'll be totally bummed, so yes SB win or bust.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":27p4v6oi said:
What does "Super Bowl or bust" really mean? Serious question. Any time your pro-team's season ends without a championship is disappointing. Were we not disappointed last year? In 03, 04, 05, 06, 07..? I guess we might be more disappointed this time since our chances look better, but does that mean the entire season was worthless?

I don't know about anyone else, but the memories I already have from this season will not be erased based on what happens in the post-season. I won't forget Sherman's pick 6 in HOU. Won't forget 29-3. Won't forget 34-7. Won't forget the D's game-winning stop at the 1 in STL. Won't forget Percy's electrifying debut. Won't forget Baldwin's circus catches. Won't forget Tate's helmet catch. Won't forget what it was like to have the privilege of watching Russell and Marshawn every week. Won't forget this journey regardless of the end result.

Hey you. Stop being so damn reasonable all the time.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
What DavidSeven says sounds nice, but damn it, I'm sick of not being the fan getting a SI subscription to get the Super Bowl Champion DVD and introducing my team as the World Champions for a whole offseason.

Maybe after the first Lombardi, I can relax a bit, but at this point, I won't feel the way DS does.

kearly

Reaction score
A Super Bowl or bust mentality is pretty unfair to the Seahawks. To win a SB, Seattle would need to win three straight games against 3 outstanding football teams. Even though they are the best team in the NFL, their odds of winning it all are only 25.7%. It's actually somewhat of a rarity for the NFL's best team to win it all.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
It absolutely is unfair, but I have never claimed to be the most rational guy when it comes to sports, and neither have most fans.

The Mariners had probably the best baseball team of all time in 2001, and they lost a crapshoot of a playoff series that was a far smaller sample size than the 162 games in which they proved that they were the best team, but that doesn't make their not winning the World Series that year any less painful or a damper on the whole year.

Likewise, while I would love the best record-teams from the NFC and AFC to play a five game series to at least take some of the uncertainty out of who really is the best, and while I am sure that Seattle would acquit themselves wonderfully in a series like that, it isn't going to happen, and if the Seahawks don't win it all this year, the consolation that they would have won if they had x amount more games won't be much consolation to me at all.

kearly

Reaction score
If the Seahawks don't win it all this year, I won't be devastated. Luck is more important than skill in the postseason since it's small sample sizes in games that feel very little like regular season contests. How often do bye-week clinching teams lose at home during the regular season? Almost never. And yet in recent years, they are batting .500 at home in that first playoff game.

This is probably the best Seahawks team we'll ever field, but I expect Seattle to be a SB contender for most of the next 10+ years.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Dynasty or bust. That's my thinking. Football Outsiders released their DVOA rankings today and Seattle is in the top ten of all time.

Top ten teams of all time need to have a dynasty.

Latest posts