Are we officially at Super Bowl or bust status now?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
kearly":2y3olqnw said:
A Super Bowl or bust mentality is pretty unfair to the Seahawks. To win a SB, Seattle would need to win three straight games against 3 outstanding football teams. Even though they are the best team in the NFL, their odds of winning it all are only 25.7%. It's actually somewhat of a rarity for the NFL's best team to win it all.

"never tell me the odds" - Han Solo

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":3fcv7p3t said:
A Super Bowl or bust mentality is pretty unfair to the Seahawks. To win a SB, Seattle would need to win three straight games against 3 outstanding football teams. Even though they are the best team in the NFL, their odds of winning it all are only 25.7%. It's actually somewhat of a rarity for the NFL's best team to win it all.

Do you think Wilson feels that way? I don't. Furthermore, our expectation this year was for Seattle to maintain excellence for 16 ridiculous games. 3 more isn't that ridiculous, especially when the AFC might be fielding the Patriots as the AFC champion.

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":uwpdu7n7 said:
kearly":uwpdu7n7 said:

Do you think Wilson feels that way? I don't. Furthermore, our expectation this year was for Seattle to maintain excellence for 16 ridiculous games. 3 more isn't that ridiculous, especially when the AFC might be fielding the Patriots as the AFC champion.

I'm just talking cold hard facts. Wilson sets ridiculously high goals for himself. Two different things.

FWIW, I do think Seattle's odds should be higher that 25%. I don't think that number properly factors how unique and special the Seahawks are at home. Seattle has outscored their opponents by an average of almost 3 TDs per game at home this season.

And the way Seahawks fans have been traveling this season, I'm inclined to think the SB will not be a truly neutral event.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
40.7% overall DVOA on Football Outsiders, now. A whopping 8.6% ahead of the 2nd place Broncos. Man, are we good. We dropped to #2 on special teams this week, though; back just under KC. #1 defense, #2 special teams, #5 offense.

The weaker AFC is ensuring that Denver still has a slightly better chance at a conference win, but psh; who cares?

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
Lol, that has been my mindset since the early 80's. I will probably get emotional with the first Superbowl win. :shock: :th2thumbs:

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Axx":38l45gei said:
no, we still have the next few years to win a superbowl.

Now the Den Broncos, they are Super bowl or bust.

Remember the 2001 Mariners? Won 116 games, didn't win the World Series, everyone including me said they'd have more chances.

They haven't been to the playoffs since that year.

You never know what is going to happen next season. If you have a team like this, you HAVE to win it NOW.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":5odd6iq8 said:
Given the 11-1 start. The sheer dominance of NFC contenders at home, and likelihood that the road to the Super Bowl comes through Seattle.. is this season a disappointment if they DO NOT make the Super Bowl?
yes, if I don't get to go to a Super Bowl champions parade in Downtown Seattle in a couple of months I'm gonna be pissed!

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
Win the Super Bowl in any way possible, nothing else matters. Take what was rightfully ours in Super Bowl XL, But the refs had other ideas.

warden

Reaction score
This Super Bowl or bust stuff

Hmmm we don win the Super Bowl and the disappointment lets you forget not appreciate all the good stuff that happened this season. I'm not going to do that. I am going to savior every moment of this season. I am going to what the players are doing , take it won game at a time. The journey we take to win the ultimate prize is more important then the ultimate prize.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ra6z48s said:
Yes, it is SuperBowl or bust. This season will be nothing but a disappointment and missed opportunity if they don't make it.

Agreed. This is the best opportunity we'll have

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":30ja86jw said:
Given the 11-1 start. The sheer dominance of NFC contenders at home, and likelihood that the road to the Super Bowl comes through Seattle.. is this season a disappointment if they DO NOT make the Super Bowl?

Yes, I would think so. Best record in the NFL after 3/4 of the regular season and blowing out a good team like the Saints definitely makes it SB or bust from here on out.

WellHungSmurf

Reaction score
With all the hype before the season on the Hawks, and how they have done so well, super bowl or bust. Even a close loss in th NFC Championship would be a huge let down.. Enjoy it, my Rams will make a push for the division next year

Latest posts