Russell Wilson ranks third on MVP Watch

BlueThunder

Reaction score
"Dan Graziano of ESPN currently has Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson listed as number three on his MVP Watch list. The burgeoning superstar from Wisconsin trails only Peyton Manning and Drew Brees on the list. Though he may not overtake the two veteran signal-callers, this high ranking is still certainly well-deserved for the youngster.

Just how notable is this ranking? Invariably so. Let’s start with the obvious difference between Wilson and Manning and Brees: age. Wilson is a second-year man, and he’s already an undisputed leader on the Seahawks as well as a formidable opponent to NFL defenses. To be put alongside Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks so early in his career is remarkable"

http://isportsweb.com/2013/11/23/seattl ... mvp-watch/

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sweet. Plenty of time left for Manning's arm, in the cold, to betray him. The defenses Brees is about to face should diminish his numbers... and with a healthy line, and an added Harvin, we're only now going to see the best of RW. If he's in the running now.. well, I'll say no more. Won't jinx him.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
They're finally starting to talk about Russell Wilson more on those sports shows. he's starting to get the respect/recognition he deserves I always thought they cut his highlights and his coverage short compared to the other young QB's. Personally I think alot of analysts had favorites to start the season (Kaepernick,RG3,and Luck) and did'nt want to admit that Wilson while playing with different circimstances(limited attempts) basically won every game for seattle and out played rest of the young QB's. Now with the Seahawks record doing all the talking the critics got to take notice and give him his respect. I wonder if they give the MVP to the QB with the best record or with the best stats.

The Radish

Reaction score
When we win the SuperB owl he will win that in a walk.

But I think that's about the only way.

:les:

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think Manning's start was too impressive. Unless he has multiple multi-interception game meltdowns, I don't see anybody getting it but him. Not saying he should, just saying he effectively had it wrapped up by week 3.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sc85sis":24pqyapx said:
Does MVP get picked before or after the playoffs?

According to Wikipedia it is voted on right after the regular season and before the playoffs start. But the winner is not announced until just before the Super Bowl.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I heard Polian doesn't think he can be a starter, i would tend to agree.

seahawks08

Reaction score
After the Patriots/Broncos tonight, I think Manning must have lost some votes

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
seahawks08":1twexpg8 said:
After the Patriots/Broncos tonight, I think Manning must have lost some votes

Got me thinking that too.

If Russell goes off against the Saints and throws for 350 + on national TV there is a chance that voters are going to start taking notice.

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawkGA":1xcs160u said:
I think Manning's start was too impressive. Unless he has multiple multi-interception game meltdowns, I don't see anybody getting it but him. Not saying he should, just saying he effectively had it wrapped up by week 3.

I would like to think that in some small way I cursed the Broncos last night. I won't take all the credit for their loss; just a little bit.

seahawks08

Reaction score
few more games to go, so definitely possible for RW, but given our philosophy to grind and win, he won't be throwing too much, but being more efficient is the key. I would assume clutch would be more valuable to consider than just throwing it all over.