Bucs QB Mike Glennon - That's what he looks like?

RockHawk

Reaction score
Let me preface this by stating that yes, I know the look of someone has nothing to do with their ability to function in any capacity, so please don't think I'm actually saying anything of the sort.

But the fact is that when I saw the game where Mike Glennon replaced Josh Freeman as the QB, I couldn't believe how unbelievably dorkey and spindly he looked. How can someone that looks like this strike fear into the defense, or more importantly, draw confidence from the teammates around him.

196883 MikeGlennon 640x480
Of the tampa bay buccaneers waits to be crop north

Really? This is your QB Tampa Bay? A dorky nerd that looks more like Napoleon Dynamite? Wow, ok, good luck with that. I mean it seems that part of being an NFL QB is to look like an NFL QB, so I can't see how his teammates can't feel the same (privately). For me, I'd much rather go to war with a QB that looks like this:

Wilson49ersplaybook

8359270478 ceb22a9864 n

But I admin I may be a bit biased.

GCrow

Reaction score
Even crazier some college coach chose that dorky, spindly kid to be his QB over the Golden God that is Dangeruss.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Here's the real question: We all know that in high school and college the QB is supposed to get all the ladies. Do you think that remained true in his case? Was the fact that he was the star QB enough to offset his other, uh... deficiencies?

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's an alien! From another Galaxy far away where they press their babies between book pages like a butterfly to make them look like that!

LOL! You know what really cracks me up? The eye black! I bet his team mates snicker when he puts in on :p I can hear him now "I'm a grown ass man!"

OLYhawks

Reaction score
This is how I've always thought about "Matty Ice".

dunceface

Reaction score
he looks like the kid in Deliverance with the banjo

HawkGANG

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33q2eciq said:
Here's the real question: We all know that in high school and college the QB is supposed to get all the ladies. Do you think that remained true in his case? Was the fact that he was the star QB enough to offset his other, uh... deficiencies?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 3,229

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2gzfmxqc said:
JSeahawks":2gzfmxqc said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaang.......wish I had the talents to be a QB.

Either way, man does he have a long neck or what?

AVL

Reaction score
So when does this thread get moved to the appropriate forum?

lobohawk

Reaction score
GCrow":33m3iuy5 said:
Even crazier some college coach chose that dorky, spindly kid to be his QB over the Golden God that is Dangeruss.

His coach didn't have an easy choice. Not to say I agree, but he was looking at having Wilson (minus Spring practices) for one year or Glennon for two. Like Wilson, Glennon graduated in 3 years and could have gone to another school, if he had to wait another year to play. This would have left the coach with an untested or at least more untested QB when Wilson left.