Is It Bad Luck To Dream?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Lately, whenever the topic of the Seahawks comes up in conversation it's extremely difficult not to bring up the fact that they are considered by many to be SB favorites in 2013.

I was wearing my RUSSELL KNOWS Nike t-shirt today (gloriously loud as it is) and it stirred up some lively conversation. Of course, you will always have your detractors and diehards from other teams who give you crap regardless of how good your team is looking but for the most part, all I hear these days is how we are virtually on a Super Bowl ride with Russell Wilson at the controls.

I tend to agree. I'm absolutely sold that the team has bought into to the PC and JS Era hook-line-and-sinker but more importantly the chemistry and talent is perfecto.

The Perfect Storm.

My wife was listening to me talk to someone today and it was of course all roses and lollipops from our view. She said to me, "Now don't jinx the team!!" And she was serious.

I dunno...How many of you buy into the "jinxing" thing? I tend to side with fate and que sera sera. I don't like to over think stuff like that. "What if Russell Wilson breaks his leg?" Well, um, the season's over! DUH. I highly doubt though that Russell Wilson is going to have a higher injury rate because fans are giddy with the possibilities. Crap happens. Every day. Yes Russell Wilson could be injured and our hopes would all collectively deflate like the pop of a giant balloon but I don't think for one second that we should not feel any less excited and optimistic for what not only could be but very well might be coming our way soon.

Thoughts?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Being scared of expectations is a traditionally Seahawk-ish thing that needs to be laid to rest. Hasn't really gotten us anywhere

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't, talent rises to the top and hard work with said talent wins. I haven't heard a peep from the media that we're not talented or working hard. Even Richard Sherman, have any of you?

I am done with thinking the Seahawks or their fans cannot have nice things, it's time to act like winners because our team sure is.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im scared to death. Bottom line. Football is a game of inches for a reason. The best teams can fall the hardest.

If things were to collapse, I know life would go on. But the reality is, this will be one of the harder falls to handle. The hype has created an expectation in each of our minds whether we like it or not.

Quick edit: That fear though is what creates the moments that last forever. Where a losing season would hurt, meeting the expectations would be the most thrilling victory

kearly

Reaction score
We have a quarterback who's "never afraid to excel." If he's not afraid of success, why should we be?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":3sgsivw0 said:
We have a quarterback who's "never afraid to excel." If he's not afraid of success, why should we be?
Exactly. For the first time in our history we have an actual franchise quarterback. Couple this with a WR and RB that are statistically and actually top 5 in the league both in positions of depth....with an above average defense? Seriously?

Sac

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":mm0tx616 said:
kearly":mm0tx616 said:
Exactly. For the first time in our history we have an actual franchise quarterback. Couple this with a WR and RB that are statistically and actually top 5 in the league both in positions of depth....with a GREAT Defense? Seriously?

Fixed it for you.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If dreaming jinxes your favorite team from winning the super bowl, then nobody would ever win the super bowl.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it's PTSD from many a long time diehard Seahawks fan who's been let down year after year after year after...

Even when the Championship Team finally arrives, it's still hard to erase the conditioning of the past.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":uszvydjx said:
KCHawkGirl":uszvydjx said:
kearly":uszvydjx said:
Exactly. For the first time in our history we have an actual franchise quarterback. Couple this with a WR and RB that are statistically and actually top 5 in the league both in positions of depth....with a GREAT Defense? Seriously?

Fixed it for you.
Thank you sir.:)

Throwdown

Reaction score
You shouldn't worry about jinxing them, if any ones done it, it was me. I'm the guy at work that when the topic of the Seahawks comes up, I straight up tell people we got the best QB and best defense, and I'm not even joking with them.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Serious question. Is there a better all-around, position-for-position defense in the NFL than ours? Not looking for homer responses but a serious question. If there is, I would like to know who they are.

Sac

Reaction score
Aros":23zmmg6s said:
Serious question. Is there a better all-around, position-for-position defense in the NFL than ours? Not looking for homer responses but a serious question. If there is, I would like to know who they are.

We have the #1 Secondary

#3 or 4 Linebackers, could be higher this year.

#3 or 4 D-Line, could be higher this year.

HansGruber

Reaction score
"Luck" infers that we live in a deterministic universe. That all things are ruled by systems, laws, and perfect order.

This has been proven false many times in the last century.

So breathe easy. Things will happen as they happen, and the only certainty is the uncertainty that underlies all of existence. That is to say, anything can happen and whatever we say or believe now has zero impact on that

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Now we're talking about jinxing not even being a thing?!

The odds that a dinosaur will attack the team bus just dropped to 5 to 1.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":go2uwaoe said:

Completely objective.

1. Our pass rush is speculation right now. We hope Clemons can come back the same and in a timely fashion. We hope Cliff Avril works out for us. And we hope Irvin matures enough and has put on enough weight to help with the run. I have lingering doubts about Red's ability to keep his conditioning up for the weight he maintains. I know it was an injury last year, and thats what we were told. But watching film on him (and especially against Wash), he just looks warn out.

2. We have two concrete LB's and a bunch of projects. I would like to see one of those projects become a dominate player like KJ and Wagner. (although I hear we will be leaning towards a 4-3 Under base, therefor most likely entertaining Avril in the Sam role and negating the need for a 3rd LB.)

3. Nickle is unproven. I have very little doubt that Winfield still has the goods, but age does happen and this is his twilight team. Thurmond would be ideal but show me something concrete on why I can trust he'll be out there for all 16 if Winfield for some reason cant handle it.

I would say Houston has a better pass rush. But I think when you have a freak Frankenstein on your DL, its hard not to be that dominate.

Rocket

Reaction score
If one believes that one can jinx a team then one must believe that "proper" hope works the opposite way.
Ain't NOBODY got more hope than 'Hawk fans, and still we got the shaft in XL.

Nah, there ain't no jinkses. It is what it is.

Latest posts