So The Dream Season Continues.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I mean, what?

6-3? A game and a half in front of the next runner up in the division? Media is beginning to mermer things like Pete for Head Coach of the Year? Geno for Comeback Player of the Year? And holy hell...Even in the conversation for MVP??? (Somewhere if Russell Wilson were expired he would most certainly be rolling in his grave and taking a sack).

This team flabbergasts me. Talk about a game this team has lost a trillion times in the past. Hungry, starving, angry, desperate 3-5 team at home that damn well knows this is their final shot to stay in it. The better team usually loses this game. Geno gives up an improbable Pick Six. Doesn't look good. 12's collective BP spikes. Instead of the usual methodic meltdown, they keep their poise and destroy them in the end.

6-3.

Bring to me a more hotter team in the NFL right now and I will call you a liar.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I mean, what?

6-3? A game and a half in front of the next runner up in the division? Media is beginning to mermer things like Pete for Head Coach of the Year? Geno for Comeback Player of the Year? And holy hell...Even in the conversation for MVP??? (Somewhere if Russell Wilson were expired he would most certainly be rolling in his grave and taking a sack).

...and blaming the offensive line and getting "Team 3" to imply in the media that it's Carroll's fault.

By the way, I think you meant murmur.
This team flabbergasts me. Talk about a game this team has lost a trillion times in the past. Hungry, starving, angry, desperate 3-5 team at home that damn well knows this is their final shot to stay in it. The better team usually loses this game. Geno gives up an improbable Pick Six. Doesn't look good. 12's collective BP spikes. Instead of the usual methodic meltdown, they keep their poise and destroy them in the end.

6-3.

Bring to me a more hotter team in the NFL right now and I will call you a liar.

Eagles. But we're still playing with house money, because before the season started, nobody expected the Seahawks to have a game-and-a-half lead in the division, a top QB, and one of the best offenses in the league. And as late as week 5, very few expected the Seahawks to have a good defense this season.

I still don't have expectations in terms of final W-L record and the possibility of playoffs. That surprises me, so I understand if anyone reading this doesn't believe me. But even when something happens like, say, Smith throwing a pick-six to put the playing-at-home division rival ahead, I don't feel as stressed as I felt in the last several seasons when the Seahawks were up by two scores in the fourth quarter. Each week I tune in to see what the team will do, how it will respond to different situations, what new wrinkles we'll see, and how the individual players and the collective units (offense, defense, "teams") will learn, grow, and develop. And it's the most fun I've had as a Seahawks fan in a long time. In fact, I think this could end up being be my favorite Seahawks season ever. So far, it's definitely up there with the magical 1983 season, the 2012-2014 seasons (each of those three for a different reason), and the second half of the 2015 season.

Mick063

Reaction score
The most exciting aspect of this team is that they are collectively closer to their floor than they are to their ceiling. More than a third of the team are new starters with most of them on rookie deals. Additionally, they are also well stocked with future draft capital. These are obvious indicators of ascension.

The talking heads that were disparaging this team three months ago are putting on a dazzling display of feigned excitement followed by the predictable question "will they inevitably come back down to earth?". Still clinging to the narrative "Pete is a 'rah rah' guy that lacks the offensive mind relative to his young prodigal genius peers" as well as clinging to the ridiculous narrative that Pete can only motivate young teams and young players, but veterans will continue to roll their eyes at him (Cripes, look at videos of EVERY victorious post game locker room of EVERY team and EVERY head coach). Regardless, some talking heads are declaring their professed new love for the team and giving backhanded compliments while doing so. Always qualifying what they say with an escape route just in case the team falters (or more accurately, their narrative falters). Why? Because they are so habitually wrong about the team, they have to incrementally, grudgingly concede their inept, albeit constantly evolving "analysis" over time to save face and credibility. I'm looking primarily at you COW HERD, but there are other guilty parties as well.

Every week, Geno's price tag gets incrementally higher and his desirability extends its reach to other teams. I'm not saying that the Seahawks should sell the farm for him. I'm saying that if the team intends to retain his services, they should get a deal done before he plays himself into unaffordability. If they intend to start a QB on a rookie deal, then I can go with that (a solid long-term strategy). Indeed, if Geno isn't signed before post season while he is still relatively affordable (because I personally think he will shine in post season), then I'm inclined to believe that this is the direction that the team is headed. They must have a guy in mind and they have the draft capital to position themselves. It isn't a bad strategy, but it is still a gamble (you know..."bird in the hand" type logic).

I'm starting a new narrative for the talking heads to run with. A free "scoop" that they can claim for their own broadcast originality. Pete Carroll is a quarterback whisperer. He taps the very most that any given quarterback can give, and he gets more out of his QB than anyone else can. It isn't due to rocket science as he uses a very simple formula. He will always identify his quarterback's strengths and then put his QB in a position to succeed by adapting to those strengths. So, talking heads, here is your new analogy to run with. Pete is like a guy that got rich "flipping houses". He just does it with quarterbacks instead. This "house flipper" can't be held responsible for what the new owners do with the once pristine property that he sells them. They were told that the back deck needs a new coat of stain every four years. In other words, proper, periodic maintenance.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Eagles. But we're still playing with house money, because before the season started, nobody expected the Seahawks to have a game-and-a-half lead in the division, a top QB, and one of the best offenses in the league. And as late as week 5, very few expected the Seahawks to have a good defense this season.
Did you see much of the Eagles/Texans game?

Eagles are NOT the ones to worry about in the NFC. Vikings are the ones to worry about in the NFC.

Several teams got undressed this week, including the Bills. I'm not scared of the Eagles. If they weren't embarrassed by their showing with the Texans - they should have been.

A bunch of the paper tigers got exposed this week.

Geno for Prez!

Jegpeg

Reaction score
The eagles were poor against the Texans but you can not judge them on a single game where they expect a blowout win. Until I see more evidence of poor performance I will keep them as the best team in the NFC.

I can not decide if the Vikings are an elite team or just a good team with a run of Ws. How they perform against the Bills and Cowboys should determine this. At present I would put the Cowboys ahead of the Vikings.

We need to respect all these teams, we can beat them but they can also beat us.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
I love watching the Hawks this year. No stress from games like the past and just happy we’re playing well and not concerned about the outcome. The future is so bright here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, the Hawks are one of the best teams in the NFC. Period. And the Eagle's and Vikings are pretty damn solid too. Nice to see some different teams at the top.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The eagles were poor against the Texans but you can not judge them on a single game where they expect a blowout win. Until I see more evidence of poor performance I will keep them as the best team in the NFC.

I can not decide if the Vikings are an elite team or just a good team with a run of Ws. How they perform against the Bills and Cowboys should determine this. At present I would put the Cowboys ahead of the Vikings.

We need to respect all these teams, we can beat them but they can also beat us.

Can we judge them as being beatable based on 3 point wins over the Cardinals and Lions?

Their victory over Minnesota is impressive, and they beat Dallas as well, but I'm not sure they are significantly better than Seattle is right now.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
When RW3 was out for the game against the jets I was torn. Wanted the Broncos to lose for our draft pick but it would have been so funny for another of Russ's backups to play far better than him.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I don't feel as stressed as I felt in the last several seasons when the Seahawks were up by two scores in the fourth quarter.
Was just talking with a friend the other day (fellow seahawks fan). We were talking about how standard issue Hawkfandom is being nervous still being up by 14 points in a game.

She said: "Ya, 14 points is just an onside kick away from a tie!". I thought it was funny ;)

Nunya

Reaction score
Fun Facts:

Only 4 teams in the NFC have a better W/L % than the Seahawks (Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, & Vikings)
Only 2 of those teams have more wins (Eagles & Vikings)

Only 2 teams in the AFC have a better W/L % than the Seahawks (Chiefs & Bills)
No team has more wins.

Donn2390

Reaction score
If Geno wins MVP, Russ might have a stroke.
If Geno gets one vote Russ might have a stroke..! How hard he tried for years hoping to win MVP, but at least one vote that never came.
You have to wonder what Russ is thinking as the season progresses and the Hawks continue their success, and to top it off, being led by his clip board holder. That is insult to injury.! You know he is as aware of the Hawks amazing turn around as are any of us here.
The Haws success along with the decline of both he and the Bronks must be playing heavily on his mind, plenty of second thoughts. "COULD it have been me and not Pete? Did I desert a soaring Hawk for a dead horse?" It is all part of God's plan....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, the team is on the rise, sitting in first place. Let's enjoy the guys who are on the team, a lot better than dwelling on the past.

They are in a much better place in 2022, and it's only gonna' get better.