EDIT: Mike Tomlin wants to eliminate....

SNDavidson

Reaction score
mike tomlin is an overrated windbag with a fat rapist quarterback.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Fine stop it.

Is he going to stop Wilson passing from the pocket and Lynch running out of a traditional set as well?

We don't play the Stealers anyway this year. Who cares what Tomlin says, that team is in decline, he has more problems than the read-option.

And looking at their schedule, they don't even play SF or Washington either. :roll:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
not sure why everyone thinks we are going to constantly use the read option.

we will throw it in now and again but it's not going to be our offense.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Tomlin was asked about the read option and his answer is that it was a gimmick. Don't really understand why some of you are acting like he said anything bad about Wilson.

Funny thing is I recall some of the board members using the same talking point when arguing Wilson over RG3 or Kapernick

Shaz

Reaction score
Thread title is seriously misleading

Other QB's run the Read Option

Tomlin didn't specifically single out any QB

He's stating that he wants to be the one to stop the Read Option, it's not a knock on Wilson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I just think tomlin is a windbag, that is all, he seems to spout off a lot and he's obviously out of touch with what we're doing here.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
ivotuk":3mq60z8y said:
Poor comment by Tomlin. It will only make him look unhappy and envious.
I agree. If I had a fat rapist for a QB and had hopes for a Super Bowl victory someday, I'd be envious too.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Tomlin acts pretty much like he's awesome when all he did was inherit an already good but aging team.

blue 22

Reaction score
easy guys... he said he wanted to eliminate the read option not russell... RTFA

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2vo6eev4 said:
not sure why everyone thinks we are going to constantly use the read option.

we will throw it in now and again but it's not going to be our offense.

This

NinerLifer

Reaction score
It's funny how the coaches who don't have a current era "mobile QB" are the ones who don't like the read option. If either of our QB's were on the Steelers, Tomlin I bet would be singing a different tune.

I know that Roethlisberger has some wheels, but there isn't much tread left on the tires.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Side story, I'm waiting for the light rail this morning. Guy was there in full Stealer gear, with a James Harrison jersey, James Harrison??? In addition to the jeans around his knees and the hat barely sitting on his head and tilted sideways.

Why is it when I see Stealer fans they're always D-bags? I took a pic, I should upload it.

Photo1 zpsae4731e5

AgentDib

Reaction score
I guess as long as you link an article you can pretend it says whatever you want and nobody will bother to check?

Pete Carroll may have said the exact same thing as Tomlin did if asked. Of course defensive minded head coaches want to figure out how to stop the read option. The only difference is then everybody would be talking about how wise Pete is rather than how lame another head coach is.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Tomlin is showing his ignorance here. Anyone that thinks we are a "read option" offense obviously hasn't watched game film in depth.

It's a fraction of our offense and it depends on how a defense wants to try and attack us.

razor150

Reaction score
Tomlin says nothing about the Seahawks or Wilson. Calls the read option a fad, which I agree with, and he looks forward to stopping and eliminating it. The only thing that what he said has anything to do with Wilson is that the read option is apart of our offense. Oh the horror.

IMO, the read option is a great wrinkle to add to your offense during a game, but it is an option that if relied to heavily on is going to get your QB hurt. Defenses will adjust to it just like they did for the Wildcat, so it is better not to make it a staple of your offense anyways.

According to the original poster that must mean I want Wilson cut.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Let him dedicate a ton of his defense to stopping the read option, that just opens up more of the playbook elsewhere. Defenses so obsessed with one faction of an offense tend to get bit in the ass by something they never saw coming.