One Thing I Really Respect About Wilson

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
...was the fact that when Seattle was getting dominated through the first 3 quarters, his expression on the sidelines always looked sturdy and steadfast. He was criticized for not being more "rah rah" and in your face on the sidelines by the broadcasters...they said Seattle looked tired and lethargic.

Now it appears that it was just icy calm and reserve. For somebody that age to be so composed is incredible. Lots of other QBs would have blown up at the fact Seattle was moving the ball yet not scoring in the 1st half...yet he looked the same all throughout the game. Total composure.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I don't know where the no rah-rah stuff comes from. Just check out the SoundFX with him. You can see he's a total team leader. Soooo thankful we have our franchise QB, and a helluva QB at that. And he's only just starting.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":t6xkpv5s said:
his expression on the sidelines always looked sturdy and steadfast

icy calm and reserve

he looked the same all throughout the game

Total composure

It's because he's a robot.

mikeak

Reaction score
It was by the commentators in the first half I think before the last Seahawks drive. Russell was sitting there and commentators were saying no energy on the bench.

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
mikeak":2umi54gz said:
It was by the commentators in the first half I think before the last Seahawks drive. Russell was sitting there and commentators were saying no energy on the bench.

Yup, I remember that clearly. Sometimes you need a few to gather yourself, collect your thoughts and get going again. No shame in that. Now if he pulled a "Cam Newton" sitting alone, w/ a towel on his head, i'd be worried.

Greenhell

Reaction score
mikeak":1u6wa2vr said:

Brian Billick is a butthead.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Greenhell":32vchwbg said:
mikeak":32vchwbg said:

Yea and amen. I don't like him as a commentator and don't think I would like him as a coach.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
i didn't mind seeing everyone going crazy on the sidelines. They looked like a team that was saying what the hell, we're better than this we just have to go out and do it.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Definitely a plus and probably an overlooked attribute by most teams that evaluated QB's prior to draft

RW's composure and ability to keep the game in perspective regardless of the circumstances influences the rest of the team

Nothing worse than watching other "Elite" QB's - make ridiculous facial expressions or throwing tantrums when thing don't go their way

hawker84

Reaction score
but what they failed to mention was, he had that exact same look on his face after they scored each and every one of the TD's in the second half.. that's just him... always thinking, and preparing whether it's for a season, a game or the next possesion, always preparing...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
What I really respect about him is that he doesn't bash anyone.

If it was me, I would be making snide comments about how we had the game won, but the D couldn't get the job done. I would want everyone to know that I HAD THE GAME WON, but those other guys blew it.

He just accepts full responsibility as a part of team. he realizes there were things he could have done better in the 1st half to make the ending of the game much different. He doesn't blame anyone but himself.

He is a true leader in every sense of the word.

taz291819

Reaction score
In Billick's defense, after he said that he looked tired, he did bring up the fact of all the travel we had to do.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He wasn't drafted in the 3rd round, he was sent back from the future to win Seattle some Super Bowls. He's a terminator. Also he has the ability to use the Force. He's a Jedi. A Terminator and a Jedi.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Great Point HF72 - He never throws anybody under the bus, or rarely takes credit - always talks up all the position players, coaches etc

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Remember when Hasselbeck would get off the field and shake his head and look all frustrated? I hated that so much.

Russel Wilson has great composure. Just by looking at his face and us being down calms me down as a fan. If he starts showing frustration and shaking his head... i'd give up so much easier.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
So just a question for Riggo. :stirthepot:
You a hawks fan now or what? :179422:
:2: Welcome converted one :th2thumbs:

lukerguy

Reaction score
The only thing? You must be a saint yourself?

The guy is in before anyone every day- he works coaches- type hours. He is always positive. I'm not sure how that can be the ONLY thing you admire or respect, but perhaps you don't know much about him.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":3qr7hfw2 said:
mikeak":3qr7hfw2 said:

you say kinder words than I wanted to use. :th2thumbs: :17: