Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:39 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
Here are my thoughts (barring injury):

1. New Orleans (I think they rebound big with Peyton back)
2. Seattle (tough division to win top seed overall)
3. Minnesota (came on strong at end of year, Ponder showing some promise)
4. Washington (Cousins can keep us competitive until RGIII gets back)
5. San Francisco (tough division for them to improve)
6. St.Louis Rams (set to step it up another notch)

I think Atlanta wins the SB this year, and has the hangover next year and just misses out on the playoffs. They and GB will be 9-7ish and on the outside looking in IMO.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 2081
Seattle, GB, SF, WAS (unless RG3 isn't able to play. I'm not entirely convinced Cousins, despite a laudable game, can do it over a whole season his first full year starting), CHI, ATL


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2269
I can't see St Louis winning more games than Green Bay or Atlanta


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 am 
Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 1625
Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)
hold on... has there EVER been a division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs ? both wildcard teams from the nfc west with the division winner ??

_________________
Image Image
Image
ImageImage


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
I don't see Minnesota supplanting GB anytime soon. Peterson will have a big dropoff next year, and Ponder just isn't very good.

Atlanta just have a better team than NO right now. If NO can fix that crappy defense somehow, then maybe, but the #1 seed? No.

Redskins are going to find it tough next season. Cowboys have a lot of talent and if they can get the coaching staff to actually put those players in good positions, then they'll be up there. RGIII's health will obviously be a big concern - as he goes, so do the redskins. I can also see the Giants being more competitive next season.

I'm confident in Seattle, and having SF come out as the division runner up seems about right. The Rams are definitely improving, but the NFC is just so brutal right now, not sure they make it over the East runner up or possibly a team from the South.

Cool thread, though.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:45 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
djTOY2000 wrote:
hold on... has there EVER been a division that sent 3 teams to the playoffs ? both wildcard teams from the nfc west with the division winner ??


NFC East did it not too long ago.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
themunn wrote:
I can't see St Louis winning more games than Green Bay or Atlanta


I can definitely see 3 teams making it out of the NFC West next year (barring injury again). I mean St.Louis went from 2-14 to 7-8-1. They have two number 1 picks the next 2 years. If they don't improve it will be seen as a failure...especially with Fisher as their head coach.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:40 pm
Posts: 8
I think the Giants will have a better year than the Redskins. Therefore:

Sea
SF
NYG
GB
Min
Atl


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:48 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:05 pm
Posts: 62
No way we have 3 teams from NFC west, I think the Cowboys will make the playoffs over redskins. RG3 wont be the same and their D is old, their receivers are "nothing to worry about" - sherman and pumpkin face coach is too stubborn on making the right decisions.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
peachesenregalia wrote:
I don't see Minnesota supplanting GB anytime soon. Peterson will have a big dropoff next year, and Ponder just isn't very good.

Atlanta just have a better team than NO right now. If NO can fix that crappy defense somehow, then maybe, but the #1 seed? No.

Redskins are going to find it tough next season. Cowboys have a lot of talent and if they can get the coaching staff to actually put those players in good positions, then they'll be up there. RGIII's health will obviously be a big concern - as he goes, so do the redskins. I can also see the Giants being more competitive next season.

I'm confident in Seattle, and having SF come out as the division runner up seems about right. The Rams are definitely improving, but the NFC is just so brutal right now, not sure they make it over the East runner up or possibly a team from the South.

Cool thread, though.



I do see the NFC West as being what the NFC East once was...baptism by fire if you will. That's why I don't think Seattle will get the 1 seed, even though I would put you as the odds on favorite to get to the SB next year.

Remember all those years in the 90s the 49ers won the NFC West easily but then got bounced from the playoffs by the Cowboys and Packers? I see that being true for whomever gets the 1 seed next year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
I don't see Minnesota supplanting GB anytime soon. Peterson will have a big dropoff next year, and Ponder just isn't very good.

Atlanta just have a better team than NO right now. If NO can fix that crappy defense somehow, then maybe, but the #1 seed? No.

Redskins are going to find it tough next season. Cowboys have a lot of talent and if they can get the coaching staff to actually put those players in good positions, then they'll be up there. RGIII's health will obviously be a big concern - as he goes, so do the redskins. I can also see the Giants being more competitive next season.

I'm confident in Seattle, and having SF come out as the division runner up seems about right. The Rams are definitely improving, but the NFC is just so brutal right now, not sure they make it over the East runner up or possibly a team from the South.

Cool thread, though.



I do see the NFC West as being what the NFC East once was...baptism by fire if you will. That's why I don't think Seattle will get the 1 seed, even though I would put you as the odds on favorite to get to the SB next year.

Remember all those years in the 90s the 49ers won the NFC West easily but then got bounced from the playoffs by the Cowboys and Packers? I see that being true for whomever gets the 1 seed next year.


That's a fair say, Riggo.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:51 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2269
RiggoReincarnated wrote:
themunn wrote:
I can't see St Louis winning more games than Green Bay or Atlanta


I can definitely see 3 teams making it out of the NFC West next year (barring injury again). I mean St.Louis went from 2-14 to 7-8-1. They have two number 1 picks the next 2 years. If they don't improve it will be seen as a failure...especially with Fisher as their head coach.


They'll improve no doubt, but they're also in a division with 2 of the best teams in the league.
Their record this year is strengthened by their 4-1-1 division record, but they could quite easily go 2-4 or 3-3 in the division and 6-4 in games outside the division to go 8-8 or 9-7 and still fail to make the playoffs simply because the Seahawks and 49ers are winning 11+ games every year. Even if the Rams had won 10 games this year they might have failed to make the playoffs (depending on the extra 2, and assuming they'd beaten the 49ers)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
Without a #1 pick, it's going to be difficult for the Redskins to improve their defense. That's going to make it difficult for them next year when they're playing the NFC North and the odd year Giants. (Even year Giants are mediocre, odd years, they turn it on.) Don't think the Redskins can make it back to the postseason with a hurt RGIII. The defense just can't do it for the entire year.

I think you're going to see GB, SEA, SF, NO, ATL, NYG.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:59 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10242
Location: Helm's Deep
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Without a #1 pick, it's going to be difficult for the Redskins to improve their defense. That's going to make it difficult for them next year when they're playing the NFC North and the odd year Giants. (Even year Giants are mediocre, odd years, they turn it on.) Don't think the Redskins can make it back to the postseason with a hurt RGIII. The defense just can't do it for the entire year.

I think you're going to see GB, SEA, SF, NO, ATL, NYG.


That seems about right to me. Possibly switching out the Giants with the Cowboys.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:16 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 173
1. Green Bay
2. New Orleans
3. Seattle
4. New York Giants
5. San Francisco
6. Atlanta


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:38 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4345
Location: Auburn, WA
I am hoping RG3 has a better recovery than I think he will. If not, while Cousins has proven he can play, I am not ready to say that the Skins can make the playoffs.

I think the Niners and Hawks will once duke it out again for the West and that both teams make the playoffs. I still see them both improving with Seattle's ceiling being higher.

I see STL improving but still falling short of the playoffs.

GB wins the North
If Griffin comes back healthy, I think the Skins at least make the playoffs with either them or NYG winning the division.

I think Saints take the South, that Atlanta regresses with their first place schedule and misses the playoffs. So my pick for the playoffs are

Saints
Packers
NYG
Skins
Seattle
SF

I have no idea about seeding, I want to say Seattle gets no less than the 2, but I don't think it matters, I think they will win games.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Niners regress, but I am not holding my breath.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:41 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4342
Get back to me after FA and the draft. Half the NFC field won't be back next season.. this much we know.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 am 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18018
Location: Spokane, Wa.
I know this will seem impossible but I wouldn't be surprised if GB, 'Boys, Giants, 'Skins all miss the playoffs next season.

GB in particular I see as fading as their team is getting older and the me, me, attitude of their QB developes into a problem.

I just don't see Jimmy Jones keeping his hands enough off the 'Boys for a coach to make them a winner. Giants too are getting older and its become clear that younger are rapidly beginning to rule.

In our divison its going to be a dogfight cause one of those teams is going to get left out every year.

Can Griffin carry the 'Skins on his back again next season? I'm a bit doubtful. I really like him but he is a nice kid being forced to do to much by a dumb assed coach.

Who else will make it, not a clue. lol

:les:

Oh and the reason we won't be seeing 3 teams from our division is because like the old black and blue division we are going to beat up on each other and make that impossible.

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 pm
Posts: 324
1. Seattle
2. GB
3. NO
4. WSH
5. SF
6. ATL


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
I think the Redskins can do it again if their health improves and they stave of on the injuries, they were without Orakpo for a while and he is easily a top 10 pass rusher. They have some holes but a great pass rusher and QB can really make the difference. Really too bad they don't have a lot of early picks for a few years though.

The Rams look to be tough next season along with another year of the niners, I can see anything happening to be honest with injuries, regression, ect. For instance, the Cardinals could get a QB all bets are off in the west. I'm more worried about St. Louis then the niners, they have a younger and deeper pass rush, a franchise QB, decent running backs and receiving options, and a lot of early picks to play with and acquire talent on the O-line which is their biggest weakness.

I think Seattle with our QB, FS, LT, C, MLB, and CB have a lot of nice pieces in place and are young enough to expect improvement but an injury to Wilson or Thomas and next season could be rough in the west.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 201
San fran is gona roll atlanta... Atlanta wins superbowl? Haha no. Theyre prolly the worst team in the playoffs this year. We just made too many mistakes yesterday. San fran has been more consistant this year and we gave them the blueprint to beating atl in the second half. But i do agree atl will see a hangover next year bucs and new orleans will have some life next season.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:30 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
Also, Atlanta losing Gonzales if he does retire is a big loss for Ryan in the middle of the field. Our secondary did a good job on those WR, Trufant even played really well but Tony made some really crazy catches in this game.

I don't think the Falcons are going to stop the running game from San Fran and be able to run against them like they did to Seattle. Really hope they can but I'm not going to be surprised if they roll them.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2225
1. Green Bay
2. Seattle
3. New Orleans
4. Dallas
5. San Francisco
6. Atlanta


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:44 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 am
Posts: 268
Location: MD
1) GB
2) ATL
3) SEA
4) DAL
5) SF
6) NY

_________________
**ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 am
Posts: 73
Location: BFEastern WA
1) SEA
2) GB
3) ATL
4) WAS
5) SF
6) STL

- Call me crazy but I see Seattle winning 13+ games next year...

- #4 only holds up in RG3 can stay healthy. That division might be won with a 9 win team...

- SF will win 11 games again next year, but it won't be enough to capture the division.

- Anybody remember the Hershel Walker trade? It set up Dallas for their epic run in the 90's. STL didn't quite do that, but they did get a lot of juice from the RG3 trade. As long as they don't bust their entire draft class they are contenders in the division, let alone the NFL. I am more worried about STL in the years to come than I am about SF... of course I could be dilusional...

_________________
Position Before Submission
The only thing worse than a miss is a S L O W miss


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2885
Here's my prediction for 2013 in the NFC:

1... Seattle 13-3
2... Atlanta 12-4
3... Green Bay 11-5
4... NY Giants 10-6
5... San Francisco 11-5
6... New Orleans 10-6

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:04 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:21 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Hatley, WI
1. Seahawks
2. Falcons
3. Bears
4. Giants
5. Saints
6. Rams

_________________
Proudly backing the Seahawks from the Frozen Tundra since 1987


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Your Opinion On The 6 NFC Teams To Make Playoffs Next Year?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:49 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 am
Posts: 370
Location: Buckeystown, MD
Sarlacc83 wrote:
Without a #1 pick, it's going to be difficult for the Redskins to improve their defense. That's going to make it difficult for them next year when they're playing the NFC North and the odd year Giants. (Even year Giants are mediocre, odd years, they turn it on.) Don't think the Redskins can make it back to the postseason with a hurt RGIII. The defense just can't do it for the entire year.

I think you're going to see GB, SEA, SF, NO, ATL, NYG.



Hopefully Orakpo and Carriker stay healthy as well as our starting safeties. That should be an upgrade even if we get nothing in draft and FA. Hopefully we can be at least top 15 which I think should be good enough to get us in with our offense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.