Leaving games early

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
We've had two dramatic come-from-behind victories at home this season, and both have come after a point where most thought the game was lost for good. Fans were pouring out of the stadium at the end of the Packers game for sure, and I'd guess many left after we were down by 13 at the mid-point in the fourth quarter. Wonder how many were the same people. Wonder how many Seahawks fans are cursing themselves for walking out on not one but two dramatic comeback victories in back-to-back home game.

Anyone here, per chance? I doubt it, but it would be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Oh, and note to Seahawks fans in future games: DO NOT LEAVE EARLY! EVER!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I always wonder what goes through peoples' minds that pay high dollar amounts for their tickets, just to leave early. Traffic? Don't go to the game if you don't want to deal with traffic or whatever else it is...

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":rzzszjpl said:
We've had two dramatic come-from-behind victories at home this season, and both have come after a point where most thought the game was lost for good. Fans were pouring out of the stadium at the end of the Packers game for sure, and I'd guess many left after we were down by 13 at the mid-point in the fourth quarter. Wonder how many were the same people. Wonder how many Seahawks fans are cursing themselves for walking out on not one but two dramatic comeback victories in back-to-back home game.

Anyone here, per chance? I doubt it, but it would be interesting to hear their thoughts.

Oh, and note to Seahawks fans in future games: DO NOT LEAVE EARLY! EVER!

Good post. There are a handful of people in my section who leave early for whatever reason. A lot of the season ticket holders who are there every game notice, and pitched them some shit about leaving during the GB game when they were sitting down before the NE game. None of them left early this time. I have never left a game early, but I can understand there is a need to sometimes.

12thMan1

Reaction score
I'm in section 241 and there's this guy in front of us who left the GB and yesterday's game early. He left with 10 minutes on the board yesterday. I cut him some slack for the GB game but come next home game, I'm going to make sure the whole section gives him an ear full as I find his lack of faith disturbing!

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I will admit, I was tempted to stop watching the game when we were down 13 points, thinking that it was just too much for an anemic pass offense to overcome. Glad I was wrong, and doubly glad I kept watching. I'm pretty disciplined about not shutting off the TV when things go wrong, always trying to remain optimistic, but for a time I figured we were sunk for sure.

Great, great, great, great game. 4 and 2 people. Just say it over and over in your mind. When you consider who we have beaten, Dallas, Green Bay, Carolina, and New England, you just can't help but get excited over the future of this football team. They are so damn talented, young, hungry, and eager to flatten anyone who is unfortunate enough to line up across from them.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I don't know how many times this season I've chalked up the game as a loss, told myself to get used to it, and sat down and watched with the belief we were going to pull out the W. This team is magical, and we know it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I was at the GB game and was pissed seeing all those fans leave early. We were all hollering and celebrating outside and some that left were asking "What happened? We won?" I just laughed at them and replied "that's what you get for leaving early"

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I almost left. With 3 minutes left and we punted to NE, I almost asked my son if he wanted to leave. I didn't. We stayed and we were rewarded. I rarely leave early, but I have a couple of times.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
People can leave if they want. Why do I care? My kid wanted to leave and I just said let's wait a little longer ... then the TD to Braylon

But look I got home at 10:15. Let's not hassle people who have other things in life besides football. When my kids were really small I'd leave early to beat traffic.

Bottom line: Do what you want, let others do the same.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
I was guilty of it this time. I actually did get ear- jacked by a couple fans near the Hawks tunnel when they saw me pack it up and jet. It killed me to do it, but I coach youth sports and had to host a team building event.. Never assume you know why someone has to go and cut em a little slack. I was trying to judge what was going on by listening to the fans as I walked down the cold dark streets in shame wishing I had a white fluffy post-game robe jacket to hide my shame

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3ol2ev9q said:
People can leave if they want. Why do I care? My kid wanted to leave and I just said let's wait a little longer ... then the TD to Braylon

But look I got home at 10:15. Let's not hassle people who have other things in life besides football. When my kids were really small I'd leave early to beat traffic.

Bottom line: Do what you want, let others do the same.
What a great game to take you boy to. Glad you made it. My son is now grown (22 - you may remember him) and we often speak of the times of when we used to go to the game together. This one was the first time we've been to a game together in 3+ years, as he's been out of country the previous 3 seasons. Treasure the times.

kf3339

Reaction score
I wasn't at the game, but was watching at Chili's restaurant with my sister. We left when we went down 13 points because my sister was bored, and it didn't seem realistic to me that the team could overcome that deficit with less than a quarter to go. At least, not with our offense at the time.

Yes, that was stupid of us.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I've left early plenty of times. Never early enough, or in a game close enough, for the outcome to change though.

The Radish

Reaction score
We've shared tickets with season ticket holders so feel it wouldn't be fair to leave early. In fact the wife and I don't get around as easy as we used to so we normally just sit down and let the big rush go.

Its kind of nice to just let the game replay in your mind and enjoy the stadium experience in a more quiet environment.

Only time we've left early is when someone gave us their tickets for a preseason game and we were sitting in the Hawk's Nest. A great experience but killing on your back. In fact that was the first game Romo started for the 'boys. we left with about 5 minutes left and we were out of sight behind.

But that was the only time. Sitting for 10 minutes after the games over, taking your time. My wife has to use the elevator and am not sure if I could make the 13 corner walk myself now a days. But its great fun to take in all the stuff going on outside the stadium.

we always park right across the street from Temple Billiards anyway so its only a couple of blocks walk.

:les:

seanoob

Reaction score
To each their own. I saw people head for the exits from mid 4th quarter on. I didn't stop screaming until brady's last pass to welker. Granted, I cleared off the entire day and night for the game (and boozing).

sc85sis

Reaction score
12thMan1":2kymq63q said:
I'm in section 241 and there's this guy in front of us who left the GB and yesterday's game early. He left with 10 minutes on the board yesterday. I cut him some slack for the GB game but come next home game, I'm going to make sure the whole section gives him an ear full as I find his lack of faith disturbing!
Tumblr ljeozj3c931qa1id2o1 500

strohmin

Reaction score
If I have time to watch a game or attend one. I stay and watch until the very end. I have watched a lot of horrible humiliating defeats, but this win made up for all of them.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
IMHO, if people want to leave early, it's their business and no one else's. Last time I looked, The CLink was still in the US of A.

Latest posts