3 games in 10 days

Hawk4life

Reaction score
That is some serious BULL. 1 home and 2 away with the 9ers right in the middle and then again after.

Rams and Boys both away and 9ers at home.

At least we will have 10 days to prepare for the second meeting and it will be an away game.

I sort of like the early bye should give us a chance to right the ship if things are not going well.

James in PA

Reaction score
The whole schedule is a typical Seattle screw job. We were a playoff team last year and are supposed to be even better, yet have no scheduled Sunday Night games. THAT is the slot you want. Screw Monday and Thursday! A ridiculously early bye too? Nothing short of a SB the year before will allow us to get 4 scheduled prime time games when the schedule is released. Even then, it would just kill them to give us that many. But hey, let's have no SB sniffin' since 1996 Dallas on 17 nationally televised games a year.

Torc

Reaction score
The two Thursdays in a row works fine - we have the normal 4 days to prep for the 49ers thursday night game (which always sucks but it sucks for them too), and then a week for the next thursday night. Of course, the Cowboys get that same week between their thanksgiving day game and playing us. Objectively, that actually solves some of the fairness concerns.

If we're winning games, we'll get flexed into the schedule later in the year. I'd be good with that.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The whole schedule is a typical Seattle screw job. We were a playoff team last year and are supposed to be even better, yet have no scheduled Sunday Night games. THAT is the slot you want. Screw Monday and Thursday! A ridiculously early bye too? Nothing short of a SB the year before will allow us to get 4 scheduled prime time games when the schedule is released. Even then, it would just kill them to give us that many. But hey, let's have no SB sniffin' since 1996 Dallas on 17 nationally televised games a year.

Ouch. Harsh.
Of course teams from bigger markets will get more prime time games. And with flex scheduling starting much earlier, if the Hawks are good, we’ll see Sunday night. I’d not be so worried. In the end we have the early bye but also a late mini bye and we only have one game after 4 days rest. I’m cool with it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I've always thought Thursday games were dumb and way too desperate attempt by the NFL to get more people to watch. Most players don't like it either

RiverDog

Reaction score
First off, it's 3 games in 12 days, not 10.

Secondly, it's 5 days from the Sunday game till the first Thursday game (Niners) and a normal 7 days between that game and the 2nd TNF game (Cowboys). Given that we got assigned two TNF games and outside of inserting a bye week, scheduling them back-to-back is the fairest way to handle it.

And lastly, the Cowboys, our 2nd Thursday opponent, will also be playing 3 games in 12 days, so there's no advantage/disadvantage whatsoever.