Feeling impatient

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Is it just me and waiting for the Clowney deal to come to a resolution, or are you all feeling anxious about offseason progress or lack thereof. I'm still a glass half full kind of guy, but this waiting is tough. Do you think it is made worse by being quarantined during these difficult times, or is the Clowney thing taking longer than usual to resolve itself? It seems interminable to me right now.... Don't these things usually sort themselves out in a the first week of free agency? To be clear, I'm pretty happy with the moves the FO has made thus far but for resolving the Clowney situation. I just want to know one way or the other!

Impatient in Ellensburg....

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I feel the same yet wonder if maybe the draft will play a big part. If we can get a difference making DE we could pull our offer off the table and just bring in Griffen. If we don't get a DE we cut some players and pay up.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We are presently living in an unusual moment in time. Unusual responses by the team and the players are to be expected. Frankly I'd be surprised if the responses were normal. In reality it's still quite early in the FA process but we all have instant gratification disease, want it, get it now type thinking and the "drive though" mentality doesn't fit the situation.

Certainly I wish I could have some partial understanding of the team's plan at DE and for the DLine. I really want to see see Clowney re-signed but am starting to doubt it will happen. To me the plan seems to be 'all in on Clowney' but only at a price they want to play to the exclusion of other DEs. I'm more confused than impatient as other dominos are going to need to fall but they aren't falling. It seems the advised discussions between the team and Clowney or Griffen or over Nagakoue are more smoke than substance and nothing really is happening. Of course that is unlikely but what is actually happening? Apparently little.

Clowney presently is at a slight disadvantage b/c any team would want to medically examine him given his injury history before offering a big contract. He can't visit. The Hawks know what his medical situation is clearly, and what they are offering him he's resisting b/c he thinks it's less than his perceived value. Other deals will need to occur if he's to be signed anyways as the remaining present cap with contracts still on the books will need to re-jigged to allow any deal to happen. If the present disadvantage to Clowney is eliminated I suspect the team will be screwed on his front as several other team have to cap flexibility to offer more than the Hawks will. What then?

I'm not impatient, b/c that's not what I'm feeling, but rather frustrated with the seeming lack of any cogent plan that doesn't leave the team quite exposed. Then again I don't know all the facts. Jn'P have been pretty god at producing a playoff level team on a consistent basis so I need to keep the faith. It is however fair commentate their position here is confusing and somewhat frustrating..

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
So if I come here once every hour or two to see if there's any news on the signing an EDGE front would that make me "impatient"? 8)

Jville

Reaction score
I find that taking the time to look at the background of prospects in the shadows helps build patience.

Quinton Jefferson was such a player. He overcame a great deal of setbacks before landing his big contract this month. There are currently a couple of defensive linemen on the roster working at overcoming similar challenges.

I'd suggest looking for on going examples of player development. It's what the program focuses on.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
the longer this draws out the better this works in our favor. Patience grasshopper.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's no different that when Wilson had to be resigned.

Soothing patience in March doesn't have any benefit for the team or player in September. Accept what you can't control :)

OP
OP
Vaclav44

Vaclav44

Reaction score
I'll just have to ratchet back the checking here over a dozen times a day for news!

Oh, the time to kill these days....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I've said now numerous times Schneider should give Clowney and his agent a deadline to poop or get off the pot.

Maybe they have, idk. But in reality Clowney could string us along well into the summer if he wants waiting for the virus to die down enough for more teams to get back into the mix for him.

I get that drawing a deadline in the sand might backfire and piss him off, but it could also leave us with no DE signings if we wait too long.

Cause right now Clowney, Griffen and Wolfe are all the top tier DE's that remain, after that we're talking about giving up serious draft capital to trade for someone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2vo50y6o said:
So if I come here once every hour or two to see if there's any news on the signing an EDGE front would that make me "impatient"? 8)
Amazes me...How did we ever survive or have fun before internet and cell phones?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I appreciate those times much more really now than ever.
People need things and expect them fast,when it slows down they can't handle it.
HFSD1 I know it's not you.I see this topic all over in different forms.My answer is
obvious but they won't understand :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Impatient is going to the store daily hoping to even find one ply Scott sandpaper TP, desperate is the next step and you start looking for things around the house you can do without and use.

We are not there yet.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk":13sjcg2i said:
hawksfansinceday1":13sjcg2i said:
Amazes me...How did we ever survive or have fun before internet and cell phones?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I appreciate those times much more really now than ever.
People need things and expect them fast,when it slows down they can't handle it.
HFSD1 I know it's not you.I see this topic all over in different forms.My answer is
obvious but they won't understand :2thumbs:
I hear ya man and part of the problem is having to shelter in place leaving me much more time than before all this.If life were 'normal' I would only be here like once every 4-5 hours :lol:
I've got a new book to read but the computer and phone are close by so............

xray

Reaction score
I'm used to being around the house . Been retired for several years . Really don't care, :D

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2i62olp0 said:
the longer this draws out the better this works in our favor. Patience grasshopper.

OK, I certainly hear you and your voice is one of common sense.

However, what if this situation doesn't work out in favour of of the team? What's the plan then?

tersal

Reaction score
Vaclav44":d2fq8o1f said:
Is it just me and waiting for the Clowney deal to come to a resolution, or are you all feeling anxious about offseason progress or lack thereof. I'm still a glass half full kind of guy, but this waiting is tough. Do you think it is made worse by being quarantined during these difficult times, or is the Clowney thing taking longer than usual to resolve itself? It seems interminable to me right now.... Don't these things usually sort themselves out in a the first week of free agency? To be clear, I'm pretty happy with the moves the FO has made thus far but for resolving the Clowney situation. I just want to know one way or the other!

Impatient in Ellensburg....
I do not expect anything until during or after the draft.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Everyday that passes gives the Seahawks more leverage due to money running out. Usually, the largest and biggest splash contracts happen in the first couple of days of free agency. This is why Seattle reduced their offer from 18.5mil at the scouting combine, down to 13 mil a year today. Teams (just like us) have to account for all the things that suck up cap money. I believe Clowney will be back in the 11-14 mil a year range. We then may have room to bring in another guy or make a trade with the Jags.