The obsession with greatness

LTH

Reaction score
Is it not just amazing to watch Pete Carroll reinvent himself and the Seahawks with an evolving philosophy revolving around traits such as leadership, self confidence, toughness, unrelenting drive and expectation to be the very best on and off the field. Carroll sells the concept and the ability to be who you are with out judgment, which seems to be the leading reason why Players want to play for Carroll that and the fact that he gets so jacked up he runs through white boards to get his team fired up.

Pete Carroll has always coveted those traits but it feels like he has a way of reinventing the way he communicates it.

It feels like it used to be a situation to where players would buy in to his philosophy but then it would grow old and older players would stop buying in. That’s not the case any more because all the vets are buying in. Those that are not, guys like Wilson are no longer Seahawks and seemed to have found life with out Pete more difficult. Funny how most players that leave the Seahawks always seem to want to come back for less money. This is never more evident than now .

It used to be that FA Players didn’t really want to be in Seattle as it was to close to Alaska. Now because of the way Carroll treats his players he has no problems signing FA at least not like Holmgren had problems signing FA. It’s a long cold winter but not when Carroll is lighting the fire and pumping the juice.

Then the draft comes around. And for the last 2 years there has been a change in the way the Seahawks look at players and it’s as obvious as the sunshine on a summer day. All of a sudden, character is the highest priority. I think that had something to do with Carroll’s experience with Wilson, I think Carroll misjudged Wilson’s character as well several other players such as McDowell. I also think Carroll did some self evaluating and realized that his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness. Meaning that he can’t fix everything and everyone… some times an apple is just an apple. Is it not obvious to everyone that the Seahawks have changed?

Look at the last two drafts. Every single one of those draft picks is high character, high energy guys that have a huge chip on their shoulder for one reason or another. There is Pete Carroll playing up and meticulously organizing those chips to kick ass in there own unique way. The man is obsessed with greatness. He is obsessed with making players great, he is obsessed with making every aspect of that organization great. It blows my mind at the attention to detail he puts into this organization.

Yes, the Draft didn’t fall exactly the way the Hawks wanted it to. They still found a way to draft players that are going to massively help this team on day one.

Ill end with this, everybody right now is worried about the Niner’s and the Eagles D. But I would be willing to bet by the end of this season it will be the Niners and the Eagles that are going to be worrying about the Seahawks O!

It will be opposing offense’s that will be scared of the Seahawks secondary. Nobody is going to want to deal with Bobby and you watch that D line is going to be ok, at this point its still work in progress but there are still moves to be made. I know the Seahawks have a great plan we just don’t know what it is yet.

I’m excited about this coming season and you should be as well. Pete and John have this thing going in the right direction. I just have the feeling that this year is going to be spectacular… Rock on people!

LTH

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
The Wilson trade allowed PC & JS to be more bold these last 2 drafts, I love it! I just hope now that the RW trade is complete, they don't stop being bold.

Reactions: LTH