For the first time in a while...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
We should have a half-decent first round pick position. Do we use it on a good player, do we try and turn it into 18 5th round picks, or what?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3m5mlnpp said:
We should have a half-decent first round pick position. Do we use it on a good player, do we try and turn it into 18 5th round picks, or what?
Unfortunately, since there have been a trend Pete Carroll does this, I pretty much expect this to happen.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3mkxe5lz said:

Might be high enough to draft a starter on the OL hopefully. Either that or maybe a WR/RB drops. I would be shocked if we draft someone on D again although maybe another CB?

SeaChickN

Reaction score
We'll use it on a head scratching "reach" that we could have gotten in the 3rd. Which will be good, because we don't have a 3rd round pick...

Anthony!

Reaction score
I want either oline help or a big, fast #1 wr. EIther way I want a new OC

iigakusei

Reaction score
Anthony!":2sy9eyva said:
I have never been more convinced that OC is not the problem. It is bigger than that.

massari

Reaction score
Perfect scenario is if one of RB Saquon Barkley, OG Quenton Nelson, OT Mike McGlinchey, OT Connor Williams drops to where the Hawks pick.

But since that likely won't happen, I'm hoping for a couple trade downs into the early 2nd round getting an extra 3rd (or two 3rds) and a 4th.

JimmyG

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1gmyvoxa said:
iigakusei":1gmyvoxa said:
I have never been more convinced that OC is not the problem. It is bigger than that.

It's not bigger than that. It's exactly that.
Amazing, the OC is "exactly the problem" with every team in football. What a coincidence.

James in PA

Reaction score
We’re gonna finish 9-7. We will have one of the lowest draft picks of the non playoff teams. Not a good position to be in. Feels like the Erickson years all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossob

Reaction score
iigakusei":13li7t8k said:
Anthony!":13li7t8k said:
How is it bigger than that? Of course there are different contributors to our downfall, but who should take the most blame?
Is there a possibility to get a QB who is better than Russell? No, so that's out of the picture.
Do our WRs suck? They aren't world beaters but get shit done with a solid gameplan.
Does the Oline suck? Yes, but we seem to be unable to improve that. At least we are trying.

The only one left is the OC and he is responsible for looking at the different parts of the offense and getting the most out of them. Do you believe he calls the best plays? If Russell has problems with the Dline consistently one might have the idea to call screens and short fast passe. Not our OC. We are trying to go deep way too often, and if it doesn't work, we just try it even more.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":vae74nik said:
iigakusei":vae74nik said:

No, it is bigger than that. The defense was getting manhandled right from the start. Nothing to do with Bevell. The special teams coverage was awful. Nothing to do with Bevell.

Anthony!

Reaction score
JimmyG":3pb850h0 said:
GeekHawk":3pb850h0 said:
iigakusei":3pb850h0 said:

Amazing, the OC is "exactly the problem" with every team in football. What a coincidence.

Hmm Well I cant speak for the rest of the NFL but anyone with eyes can tell the OC is a huge part of our problems

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seanhawk":vxeziuyn said:
GeekHawk":vxeziuyn said:
iigakusei":vxeziuyn said:

No, it is bigger than that. The defense was getting manhandled right from the start. Nothing to do with Bevell. The special teams coverage was awful. Nothing to do with Bevell.
It's pretty much all of the above!

Fade

Reaction score
The Seahawks generally trade out of the bottom of the 1st round because there aren't any 1st rd players left.

In any given draft there are only about 15-20 1st rd graded players. So value wise it makes sense to trade down, and pick up an extra 4th. To still get a player of the same value, and get an extra pick out of it. It is a good strategy.

The Seahawks drafted Thomas & Okung without trading down in the 1st, if the talent is there they will pick. If it isn't they will trade down.

Its not about players at this point though. It is all about the coaching staff. Until that is fixed talking player acquisition is moot.

rossob

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2kgy72po said:
GeekHawk":2kgy72po said:
iigakusei":2kgy72po said:

All of that is true but it doesn't explain why we only scored 7 points at home in a shootout.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
JimmyG":nah6mf98 said:
GeekHawk":nah6mf98 said:
iigakusei":nah6mf98 said:

I don't know, looks like the Rams have a good one.