With Rams rumored interest in Carroll...

ARhawk

Reaction score
What would the Rams have to give us for you to be okay with the trade? Obviously this is purely hypothetical, and I dont want Pete to go by any means. Im just curious what you think it would take for the Rams to get him. Also, who would you want to replace Carroll?

If the Rams still had their first round pick, I would say 3 first round picks and a second or two would be pretty hard to turn down. Or if we got a player like Donald or Gurley paired with a couple picks. Blockbuster trades involving a coach so rarely happen, that I have no idea what we could even get for Carroll. All I know is it would take a lot of good picks or players for me to be ok with seeing Pete chomping his gum on the opposite sideline twice a year.

If Carroll was traded, I think it would be interesting if we gave Nick Saban his second shot at the NFL. We gave Pete his second chance, maybe hiring another college coaching legend with an underwhelming NFL past is the way to go.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'll take the 2 Gee's.

Gurley and Gruden (John) for Pete and Bevell.

If they can swing that, then have at it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":37m1q4ip said:
I'll take the 2 Gee's.

I'm no NFL Owner, but I'm pretty sure they can't trade a coach they don't employ.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Okay, playing along for the fun of it.

1st's and 2nd's for the next 3 consecutive years, and we get either Saban or (better yet) Chris Peterson.

Nothing less!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":4fr0tafa said:

1st's and 2nd's for the next 3 consecutive years, and we get either Saban or (better yet) Chris Peterson.

Nothing less!!!

Ram's don't even have a 1st next year, they gave it up for Goff lol.

Next to Belichick, Pete is the best coach in the NFL, and IMO it's not even close. So sorry, I wouldn't trade him for anything, because as we saw with Fisher just because you have a bunch of high picks doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":25xfpluf said:
LeftHandSmoke":25xfpluf said:

Nothing less!!!

Ram's don't even have a 1st next year, they gave it up for Goff lol.

Next to Belichick, Pete is the best coach in the NFL, and IMO it's not even close. So sorry, I wouldn't trade him for anything, because as we saw with Fisher just because you have a bunch of high picks doesn't mean you know what you're doing.
Right.

All the more reason to make the deal impossible for them to meet!

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33unidg0 said:
Seymour":33unidg0 said:
I'll take the 2 Gee's.

I'm no NFL Owner, but I'm pretty sure they can't trade a coach they don't employ.

My bad. I forgot this was a rather serious question. I said IF they can swing that.....

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I wouldnt want Saban. When the going got tough in the NFL he quit. One thing for a coach to be fired but he gave up. No thanks.

I think he is a classic college coach.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":apra683k said:
I wouldnt want Saban. When the going got tough in the NFL he quit. One thing for a coach to be fired but he gave up. No thanks.

I think he is a classic college coach.

Yep, same with Harbaugh. Red ass dictators like Harbaugh or Saban have a very hard time working in the NFL for a long period of time, cause eventually the players and coaches get tired of being treated like servants and slaves getting screamed at for sending out an email 47 seconds later than they were suppose to.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IF we're trading, then gimme Aaron Donald or Todd Gurley............or both.

King Dog

Reaction score
No thanks. Even when things are bad, they're pretty good under Carroll. Remember some of the clowns we've had at head coach?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The reason we make it impossible for the Rams to get their first choice of coaching staffs, is quite obviously the same reason that this coaching staff is their first choice.

PC was asked today by LA media what the chances are that he'd take the job. His response? "ZERO" :D

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Raiders traded Gruden to the Buccaneers for 3 first round picks.

Chapow

Reaction score
ARhawk":1qsvsyr6 said:
What would the Rams have to give us for you to be okay with the trade?

There is literally nothing that the Rams could give us that would make sending Carroll to LA okay with me.

Carroll is the best coach we've ever had and IMO is the best coach in the NFL not named Belichick. It's damn near impossible to replace that.

The Rams have had a hell of a lot of very high draft picks for a lot of years in a row now. How's that working out for them?
Yeah, not so great. Why? Coaching, at least IMO.

It would be monumentally stupid to trade one of the best coaches in football to a division rival no matter what the price. Great, even very good, coaches don't come around very often.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is kind of a silly thread, because there's no way Pete is leaving to LA.

razor150

Reaction score
There will always be something that would make a trade tempting. If Carroll was interested in the trade, that just feels like he has one foot out of the door so it would be worth considering. Plus at his age how many more years can we expect him to continue coaching? We may be replacing him sooner than we think. Sometimes it is worth getting value out of him and speed a long the change.

Honestly, if they offered Donald, Quinn, Gurley, and some future high round picks I'd consider it. That said, there is no way they would offer that because it effectively makes Carroll's job of turning around the franchise infinitely harder, and makes the job for Carroll's replacement infinitely easier. (Edit) If the Rams were willing to go after Carroll it would be to win a title, now, and not later. So no way they offer what I'd take.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sdog1981":yzfgwshz said:
The Raiders traded Gruden to the Buccaneers for 3 first round picks.

And Gruden won a SB, while the Raiders stunk for another 15 years.

Cautionary tale, great coaches are like great QB's...........when you get one you hold on like grim death and never let go.

Steve2222

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2q4lr97m said:
The reason we make it impossible for the Rams to get their first choice of coaching staffs, is quite obviously the same reason that this coaching staff is their first choice.

PC was asked today by LA media what the chances are that he'd take the job. His response? "ZERO" :D

Not that I think Pete is leaving but do you really put any stock in what a coach says to the media?