With Rams rumored interest in Carroll...

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Steve2222":1hbqfan5 said:
LeftHandSmoke":1hbqfan5 said:
The reason we make it impossible for the Rams to get their first choice of coaching staffs, is quite obviously the same reason that this coaching staff is their first choice.

PC was asked today by LA media what the chances are that he'd take the job. His response? "ZERO" :D

Not that I think Pete is leaving but do you really put any stock in what a coach says to the media?
I guess you're right, he would deny it in that context even if he did have some kind of possibility going on. And actually, if he really did want the gig then Paul may be even willing to facilitate that, just as PC has helped staff get promotions by going to other teams.

But this would not be a promotion and so the "ZERO" response was likely heartfelt.

ESPN is going on and on about the silly dang thing today.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2drdyp6r said:
sdog1981":2drdyp6r said:
The Raiders traded Gruden to the Buccaneers for 3 first round picks.

And Gruden won a SB, while the Raiders stunk for another 15 years.

Cautionary tale, great coaches are like great QB's...........when you get one you hold on like grim death and never let go.

Yep. That worked out extremely poorly for the Raiders. Gotta wonder how much that haunts Raiders fans. Oh what could have been if they hadn't lost their damn minds and traded away a very good coach that at the time had a very good team assembled.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":3w2qvb9r said:
LeftHandSmoke":3w2qvb9r said:
The reason we make it impossible for the Rams to get their first choice of coaching staffs, is quite obviously the same reason that this coaching staff is their first choice.

PC was asked today by LA media what the chances are that he'd take the job. His response? "ZERO" :D

Not that I think Pete is leaving but do you really put any stock in what a coach says to the media?
Pete would flat out retire before he would ever take that job. Pete has built our franchise into his dream job and can stay as long as he wants in my book.

razor150

Reaction score
Chapow":1z8dg1aa said:
Yep. That worked out extremely poorly for the Raiders. Gotta wonder how much that haunts Raiders fans. Oh what could have been if they hadn't lost their damn minds and traded away a very good coach that at the time had a very good team assembled.

Good, but old. The Raiders probably would have won the next year instead of getting trampled, but they were due for a fall. I don't think Gruden could have stopped that, after all he did get fired from the Bucs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
razor150":25wvsesm said:
Chapow":25wvsesm said:

Good, but old. The Raiders probably would have won the next year instead of getting trampled, but they were due for a fall. I don't think Gruden could have stopped that, after all he did get fired from the Bucs.

But that's what good coaches and GM's do, they know how to reload and re-motivate so there is no fall, or at least minimize the losses.

That's what people in SF said, Harbaugh didn't want to hang around for the impending implosion of the Niners. But no one can tell me they wouldn't be better than the dumpster fire they are now if Harbaugh stayed.

Again, these examples are only confirming what most of us are saying............there is nothing worth trading Pete.

Especially for this franchise, he IS the Seahawks right now, from culture, philosophy, leadership, drafting and symbiotic relationship with everyone in that building and Allen.

If Pete left? I guarantee you Schneider wouldn't be far behind, and many of the players as well. He's the reason they stayed.

Chapow

Reaction score
razor150":1zl8whxg said:
Chapow":1zl8whxg said:

Emphasis mine, but yeah, that's exactly my point. Trading away Gruden likely cost them a Super Bowl.

OP
OP
ARhawk

ARhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1yqqajqx said:
NOTHING. And I would add to even entertain the thought is NAUSEATING.
Lol. I already said this was purely hypothetical and would hate to see him go. A simple "I wouldn't trade him" would've been fine

RAMbot

Reaction score
ARhawk":3svzlu81 said:
What would the Rams have to give us for you to be okay with the trade? Obviously this is purely hypothetical, and I dont want Pete to go by any means. Im just curious what you think it would take for the Rams to get him. Also, who would you want to replace Carroll?

If the Rams still had their first round pick, I would say 3 first round picks and a second or two would be pretty hard to turn down. Or if we got a player like Donald or Gurley paired with a couple picks. Blockbuster trades involving a coach so rarely happen, that I have no idea what we could even get for Carroll. All I know is it would take a lot of good picks or players for me to be ok with seeing Pete chomping his gum on the opposite sideline twice a year.

If Carroll was traded, I think it would be interesting if we gave Nick Saban his second shot at the NFL. We gave Pete his second chance, maybe hiring another college coaching legend with an underwhelming NFL past is the way to go.
I have no idea how this bird brained idea that the Rams even want Cheat Carrol but there is no interest what so ever. Nothing like beating the Seagulls and watching Cheat chew his jaw till it falls off and whine to the zebras. Maybe with having the most lucrative job opening we will lure someone who doesn't just beat the NFCW but the rest of the NFL as well.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RAMbot":a8d07iq1 said:
ARhawk":a8d07iq1 said:
What would the Rams have to give us for you to be okay with the trade? Obviously this is purely hypothetical, and I dont want Pete to go by any means. Im just curious what you think it would take for the Rams to get him. Also, who would you want to replace Carroll?

If the Rams still had their first round pick, I would say 3 first round picks and a second or two would be pretty hard to turn down. Or if we got a player like Donald or Gurley paired with a couple picks. Blockbuster trades involving a coach so rarely happen, that I have no idea what we could even get for Carroll. All I know is it would take a lot of good picks or players for me to be ok with seeing Pete chomping his gum on the opposite sideline twice a year.

If Carroll was traded, I think it would be interesting if we gave Nick Saban his second shot at the NFL. We gave Pete his second chance, maybe hiring another college coaching legend with an underwhelming NFL past is the way to go.
I have no idea how this bird brained idea that the Rams even want Cheat Carrol but there is no interest what so ever. Nothing like beating the Seagulls and watching Cheat chew his jaw till it falls off and whine to the zebras. Maybe with having the most lucrative job opening we will lure someone who doesn't just beat the NFCW but the rest of the NFL as well.
Shouldn't you be renewing your PSL.
Oh that's right, when the Chargers come to town, you'll once again be relegated to the second-fiddle franchise in town and there will be plenty of tickets to be had.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
RAMbot":2yly7oim said:
ARhawk":2yly7oim said:

How did the Rams coaches prior to Fisher work out for you? Linehan, Haslett, and Spags....Carroll has beat the rest of the NFL. His overall record during his tenure with the Seahawks proves it. Unlike the 2nd rate coaches the Rams seem trot out there year after year. Every year it's same thing come playoff time....the Rams players are at home watching other teams play. Coach after coach nothing changes in Ramsville.
By the way how has he cheated? He cheats because he wins....ya that must be it. Can't win without cheating. Right..... Don't go away mad, just go away!!!

Is this you?
[youtube]0-d-Hf5Zzn4[/youtube]

semiahmoo

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":2ex2xv3z said:
We should give them two first round picks if they take Bevell instead.

:ditto:
Above-the-rim posting right there. Well done!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":jjwgkkhm said:
ChiefHawk":jjwgkkhm said:
We should give them two first round picks if they take Bevell instead.

:ditto:
Above-the-rim posting right there. Well done!
It was stupid then. It's stupid now.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Largent80":2bguwyzx said:

THIS. Ridiculous to even contemplate. I've been with this team for 40 years and we are in the golden age of Seahawk football; off performances not withstanding. I'll take this group any time.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yum2tb04 said:
Seymour":yum2tb04 said:
I'll take the 2 Gee's.

Gurley and Gruden (John) for Pete and Bevell.

If they can swing that, then have at it.

I'm no NFL Owner, but I'm pretty sure they can't trade a coach they don't employ.
Sign and trade.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Not even their every draft pick until the end of time would make me consider trading Pete. That'd be like trading away your own father. Not a chance. Not ever.

sent from the charred remains of a note 7 using tapatalk

OP
OP
ARhawk

ARhawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":242t8n88 said:
Largent80":242t8n88 said:

THIS. Ridiculous to even contemplate. I've been with this team for 40 years and we are in the golden age of Seahawk football; off performances not withstanding. I'll take this group any time.
I'm not sure either of you read what I wrote. I think you just want to be offended by something.

I'll be more clear. NOBODY WANTS PETE CARROLL TO BE TRADED TO THE RAMS.
All I asked is IF it happened, is there any compensation that would ease the pain.

RAMbot

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2p7gs7ct said:
RAMbot":2p7gs7ct said:
ARhawk":2p7gs7ct said:

Shouldn't you be renewing your PSL.
Oh that's right, when the Chargers come to town, you'll once again be relegated to the second-fiddle franchise in town and there will be plenty of tickets to be had.

Is this really meant to be an insult? If we are talking about stadiums your POS one is quickly getting outdated, looks shitty, already crumbling, and you post 2009 band wagoneers act like you came up with the 12th man after ripping off Texas A&M. Sometimes I think some Seagull fans do have a bird brain.

Latest posts