The defense deserves to win these games.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The offense doesn't.

When the offense starts playing with 1/2 of the commitment of the defense, we will start winning them.

Bad calls happen. It exacerbates things, but we watched this team long enough to know that if you leave it in the hands of officials you are likely to be disappointed.

Until the offense starts pulling its weight, this team is not going to succeed. Period.

We will still win some games along the way, but ultimately we are going to leave chips on the table - because we will be done. It is a good time to figure this out because the current plan isn't working.

Eventually, the failure of the offense to pull its weight is going to cause a schism between the team. And guys like Baldwin, who have a lot of pride in their craft, are going to start lashing out (rightfully so, I might add).

But while the officials are doing a lot to make it an uphill climb, the real fault lies in the failure of the offense. And I don't think we can blame it on Wilson's injury considering how we somehow manage to magically come alive at the end of a game when we have to have it.

This is systemic and it is a fault of either plan or design, because the execution seems to work just fine when the plan has to change because we have to score.

The officials are not the reason we are losing these games. It is almost completely due to the lack of scoring, specifically TDs.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think it is lack of effort. It is not like these guys are not trying. There are many factors . Russ injury, o-line, run game. We are disjointed. The defense is playing at an all time level (stats not withstanding). They do deserve more but this is a team game. Comes with the territory. What would bitching by the defense do anyways? They would just create more problems and I think they know this. The offense will come around. Once some of those pieces start healing and coming together we will get back to where we should be. I don't think we should hit the panic button just yet.

kf3339

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ehi2oo7 said:
The offense doesn't.

When the offense starts playing with 1/2 of the commitment of the defense, we will start winning them.

Bad calls happen. It exacerbates things, but we watched this team long enough to know that if you leave it in the hands of officials you are likely to be disappointed.

Until the offense starts pulling its weight, this team is not going to succeed. Period.

We will still win some games along the way, but ultimately we are going to leave chips on the table - because we will be done. It is a good time to figure this out because the current plan isn't working.

Eventually, the failure of the offense to pull its weight is going to cause a schism between the team. And guys like Baldwin, who have a lot of pride in their craft, are going to start lashing out (rightfully so, I might add).

But while the officials are doing a lot to make it an uphill climb, the real fault lies in the failure of the offense. And I don't think we can blame it on Wilson's injury considering how we somehow manage to magically come alive at the end of a game when we have to have it.

This is systemic and it is a fault of either plan or design, because the execution seems to work just fine when the plan has to change because we have to score.

The officials are not the reason we are losing these games. It is almost completely due to the lack of scoring, specifically TDs.

^ This.

I wish the hell that PC would read this post. Perhaps then he would start to get it.