Rw deadly

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Crazy to say but the lack of mobility has really helped this offense. The passing game has been elite w rw forced to sit in the pocket.

How bout that oline today

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
gowazzu02":wdktcn6i said:
Crazy to say but the lack of mobility has really helped this offense. The passing game has been elite w rw forced to sit in the pocket.

It will be even more deadly once he gets mobile.

Scary/fun thought!

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I would say today was his best passing game of his career. He looked like a HoF QB sitting in the pocket hitting his guys in stride or laying the ball up where only they can get them. It was incredible to watch IMO.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1j08nej3 said:
I would say today was his best passing game of his career. He looked like a HoF QB sitting in the pocket hitting his guys in stride or laying the ball up where only they can get them. It was incredible to watch IMO.
Wellllll, 5 years after he retires he will be inducted into the Hall of Fame so today was one of many that will get hin to that destination .

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
He really did not look that curtailed to me. Seems like he has matured to another level in just one week in regards of releasing the ball.

Mick063

Reaction score
His gimp leg forces him to process "fight or flight" differently.

Now his first reaction is to step up in the pocket and trust a covered Graham to make a play. A transition from habitually running around in circles to buy time at the first hint of distress.

Marino was a statue that was the least sacked QB in football because of his quick processing and quick release. If Russell can acquire half of Marino's acumen, then his legs will make him truly unstoppable. His improvised scrambling should be an infrequent asset used only by necessity and not as a default mindset. The outcomes of habitually improvising are too unpredictable to consistently sustain drives, even if there is huge upside for occasional big plays.

Wilson started playing the best football of his career when he decided to throw on time from the pocket and improvising only when forced to. Wilson's rating is nearly perfect when he and the entire offense is on the same page, at the same.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I agree with somebody above who said Wilson has not quite regained his mobility. He's quick, but he's not as flat-out deadly as he was before the ankle. As a result he's putting up more passing yards, especially to Graham. Great season so far, eh? I'm having fun.

mikeak

Reaction score
I started a thread below about how long term this injury will help him because he is forced to stay in the pocket. Getting ridiculed there and then I come here and read the same thoughts. Kind of funny

kobebryant

Reaction score
Another beautiful thing... a mid-30s Wilson will feel better and be more mobile than the guy that played great today.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Mick063":2imt5t8t said:
His gimp leg forces him to process "fight or flight" differently.

Now his first reaction is to step up in the pocket and trust a covered Graham to make a play. A transition from habitually running around in circles to buy time at the first hint of distress.

Marino was a statue that was the least sacked QB in football because of his quick processing and quick release. If Russell can acquire half of Marino's acumen, then his legs will make him truly unstoppable. His improvised scrambling should be an infrequent asset used only by necessity and not as a default mindset. The outcomes of habitually improvising are too unpredictable to consistently sustain drives, even if there is huge upside for occasional big plays.

Wilson started playing the best football of his career when he decided to throw on time from the pocket and improvising only when forced to. Wilson's rating is nearly perfect when he and the entire offense is on the same page, at the same.
When HE decided to...riiiiiight.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":oj8ya1dw said:
Hard to argue with that. He's throwing darts into limited windows he would have not thrown into a couple of years ago.

Really trusting his receivers to make the catches in traffic.

Gotta love it.

Atradees

Reaction score
And Lockett is the least impressive guy so far.(based on targets) That will change. This is an absolutely clutch group of receivers. Our offense with Graham........cool.

Hawks46

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3g51a8xu said:

OL was special today. They had a hard time running, but pass pro was very good against one of the better DL's in the league. I'd say they're top 3. Definitely better than ours across the front 4

Largent80

Reaction score
His incredible accuracy is what is amazing.

Couple that with one handed insane, sick catches and we got somethin goin on.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Largent80":1awi1lqx said:
His incredible accuracy is what is amazing.

Couple that with one handed insane, sick catches and we got somethin goin on.
On B&S today they asked CPC what his favorite O and D plays were against the Jets and, while he mentioned a few, the first O play he brought up was that pass and catch over the left shoulder to PRich deep down the sideline. Was pleased to hear him agree with my admiration of that play, it really was outstanding.

mrt144

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":24nyuwis said:
He really did not look that curtailed to me. Seems like he has matured to another level in just one week in regards of releasing the ball.

He doesn't look as limber but he's able to hit his spots, set his feet and just nail some of those tough passes.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
mrt144":254r2iyy said:
seahawkfreak":254r2iyy said:

He doesn't look as limber but he's able to hit his spots, set his feet and just nail some of those tough passes.
It must have taken good core and leg strength to throw that bullet to CJS between 3 defenders, dang that was hot.